10. Wests Tigers
11. Brisbane Broncos
12. The Dolphins
13. Newcastle Knights
14. Manly Sea Eagles
15. Warriors
16. Gold Coast Titans
17. St George Illawarra Dragons

Looking back I may have overrated the Bulldogs and I don't think the competition is going to be as lopsided.

I've got both Penrith and Sydney winning 20+ games and Parramatta going 15-9 to qualify for the finals. I think it's going to be closer than that and the difference between 7-13 is going to be a lot less than 9 wins.

I'm surprised I had the Knights that high but they've got a lot of winnable home games so that should be enough. I think Brisbane was more of a negative appraisal and their season will largely hinge on where they're at by Round 10. If they're 7-3 maybe they can go on with it but it gets really tough during the Origin period and the run home to the finals isn't a cakewalk either.

However these projections are largely based on 2022 and you never really know soft/tough a draw is until the season starts.

It's a strange dynamic because Matt Thompson is the voice of the commentary team. His opinion should carry some weight yet nobody wants his 2c.

A shame, Six Tackles With Gus used to be the way I'd wind down on a Wednesday night. Last year I think I only listened to a handful of episodes. Gus seemed bored most of the time whereas Bracey couldn't get him to shut up.

Does anyone actually have any favourite Fox League or NRL on Nine shows? Over the year it feels like I'm spending less and less time watching those shows.
I don't mind the 6 tackles with Gus, you learn things about how a team thinks when making it's roster etc, gus does sound bored but he usually sounds bored so it's hard to tell lol.

Usually have that on in the background when I'm on my pc.

Pretty much everything else footy related hurts my brain.

This was my ladder predictor before the trials

1. Penrith Panthers
2. Sydney Roosters
3. Melbourne Storm
4. South Sydney Rabbitohs
5. Cronulla Sharks
6. North Queensland Cowboys
7. Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
8. Parramatta Eels
9. Canberra Raiders
10. Wests Tigers
11. Brisbane Broncos
12. The Dolphins
13. Newcastle Knights
14. Manly Sea Eagles
15. Warriors
16. Gold Coast Titans
17. St George Illawarra Dragons

Looking back I may have overrated the Bulldogs and I don't think the competition is going to be as lopsided.

I've got both Penrith and Sydney winning 20+ games and Parramatta going 15-9 to qualify for the finals. I think it's going to be closer than that and the difference between 7-13 is going to be a lot less than 9 wins.

I'm surprised I had the Knights that high but they've got a lot of winnable home games so that should be enough. I think Brisbane was more of a negative appraisal and their season will largely hinge on where they're at by Round 10. If they're 7-3 maybe they can go on with it but it gets really tough during the Origin period and the run home to the finals isn't a cakewalk either.

However these projections are largely based on 2022 and you never really know soft/tough a draw is until the season starts.
You accidentally added an extra "1" next to the Broncos...

The one definitive prediction I’ll make for this season - anything better than a bottom three finish for the Dolphins will be a top three sporting miracle for 2023.. I’m not just saying this because they’re devil spawn and they’ve just pinched two Broncos for next year..
that roster of theirs is dire to say the least, and that’s before injuries.. these predictions from people like Cooper Cronk et al that they’ll finish around 10th is complete and utter comedy 🔒

(WRONG- Tigers were last) 1. The Knights will be the last team to win a game this year
2. Hook, Justin Holbrook and Adam O'Brien will be sacked by Round 10. Replaced by Dean Young, Brian McDermott and Josh Hannay. Des Hasler to be linked to everyone and people are still questioning why Shane Flanagan doesn't have a job. Mostly because they want him off commentary.
3. Luke Keary to be medically retired and the Roosters will fill his spot with RTS
4. Daly Cherry-Evans announces his "retirement" from rep footy and is replaced by Tom Dearden at Origin level.
5. Ben Hunt returns to the Broncos, mid-season after Hook leaves.
6. Nelson Asofa Solomona signs with the Wallabies after they fail to acquire Tom Trbojevic.
7. QLD to win Origin 2-1. NSW still don't get it. They will replace Luai with Burton
8. The Dragons win the wooden spoon.
9. Cowboys, Panthers, Roosters, Broncos, Storm, Sharks, Warriors, Rabbitohs make up the top 8 with the Cowboys winning the minor premiership
10. Scott Drinkwater wins the Dally M for some reason
11. Fans will despise the bye and calls for an 18th team grow loudly. Calls to cut a team will also grow loudly
12. Melbourne will get a future grand final over Brisbane for some reason
13. The Dolphins finally get their man. Either Kalyn Ponga or Joseph Sua'ali'i
14. The 2024 Origin series will have two new coaches after Freddy is sacked and Craig Bellamy announces he's moving to a coaching directors role at the Storm and being replaced by Billy Slater.
15. Payne Haas to leave the Broncos at season end.

I predict Seibold will finish higher on the ladder than Walters

I give Bennett a chance too.
Images 29

1. Broncos top 3 end of season.
2. Broncos beat Penrith once in regular season and in the finals.
3. Broncos have at least 6 selected for Origin.
4. Broncos go on a 9 match winning streak.
5. Broncos win the Grand Final by 3.
Well this is looking good! We can also still get that 9 game winning Streak.

Noting Reynolds (or even Staggs) should have been selected to make it 6 origin players.

we'll have a second successive season with a winning record.

Well finish higher than the Roosters (we were only 2 wins behind them this year),

the BHQ bipolar disorder will not be cured in 2023

Storm to make the 8 but not the 4.

Panthers to come back to the pack after losing Api

Griffin first coach sacked in 2023

Nailing these

Active Now

• bazza
  • Sproj
  • leon.bott
  • Swordfish
  • theshed
  • Santa
  • Old Mate
  • Financeguy
  • Maroon4life
  • FACTHUNT
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.