OFFICIAL 2023 TEAM UPDATE: SECOND BEST

Watch this space for latest injuries, suspensions and training updates.

GRAND FINAL

SUSPENDED

INJURED

Willison: ankle, season over.

LATEST JUDICIARY

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Sorry, I missed that. Edit: no, I didn't. I think that's where I read about the exemption and then I saw NRL.com had him coming back a round later.

I don't remember the Radley ruling. That fucker is always suspended. I hope he's not suspended against us so he can get sent off and suspended again.

I remember Lote's TBA. At least there's none of those shenanigans necessary.

I'm a bit suss about @Mr Fourex

His suspension return has been updated to round 21, so they've counted origin.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Definitely Fox will wank over this.

Problem was Walsh was summoned immediately to the judiciary, hit with a vague charge which centred around a disputed issue, but could always fall back on a vague charge. It gave a false sense of security to pleading "Not Guilty" because they thought it was about calling the ref a ****. But they could always just say he was behaving badly towards the ref in general. So, they tricked them into a longer punishment.

Was always a dog and pony show.
If that is the case, that is on his representation. They should have sought particulars of the charge so it was expressly stated what the allegations were.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
If that is the case, that is on his representation. They should have sought particulars of the charge so it was expressly stated what the allegations were.
Totally agree. It was always going to be lost for him IF he had been trialled on simply back-chatting, BUT if they had accepted a guilty plea, then they most likely would have taken that as guilt of him swearing at the ref which was NEVER proven.

See how the game works?

It is indeed a Kangaroo Court, bouncing from claim to claim as it suits.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
The former player takes on the Walsh issue say a lot IMO;
Tallis reckons the ref fucked up not calling it at the time. Should be fined for swearing and putting himself in that position, but if the consequence is 3 weeks, then it has to happen every time from now on. Media has too much influence in discussing the incident before the judiciary. Trial by media.
Big Willie thinks Walsh is being made an example of, because the refs have been being shat on recently, and Walsh is a poster-boy. Doesn't think the judiciary was a good look for the NRL.
Cam Smith and Denan also dislike the process.
Gus Gould thinks the microphones on the pitch are shit and that situation should have been handled by the ref, and anything following that is because of the media. I.e., if Reece wasn't punished on the field, then a report would be filed by the ref and dealt with without the media circus.

All the (IMO) bad takes come from people who haven't played NRL footy. Sure, they might ref it, but mostly it has been either Lawyers or Journalists with 0 game time.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
Gordie:

Big Willie amd Justin Horo:

Kemp/Smith:

Gould:

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
The biggest issue here is you haven't been Anti-Badel.

He is the worst RL journo which is a big achievement given the shit competition.
Nah, he's actually pretty bland. I mean really fucking boring and utterly devoid of personality.

You blokes just get sand up in your Huggies over him because he files 100,000 words a week on the Broncos, when in reality there's **** all but the usual cliches and platitudes to report. If it weren't for him it would be crickets in the printed press. You would have to make it up yourself. And we've seen how that pans out.

Barely anyone else writes about us, and when they do it's the same histrionics and umbrage. No one here has a good word to say about anyone.

Here's what Peter Fitzsimons had to say about Walsh:
"The Broncos and Queensland fullback has been mesmerising this year, displaying skills and speed that have left opponents standing, while also showing a very likeable side. And then we got to last weekend, clearly shouting at the ref in the Broncos match against the Gold Coast, “What the f--- do you mean, c---?” when a call went against him, before – LUDICROUSLY – claiming he was saying it to his own team-mate Patrick Carrigan, not the ref."​
"(For your amusement the case was blown apart when Walsh’s Queensland Origin team-mate David Fifita testified: “He said to the ref ... I mean Patty”.) It was an ugly side of Walsh. The way forward?"​
"I am looking at you, Adam Reynolds. You are the senior player in the Broncos, respected by the lot of them as a fine man who has been around the block twenty times. Your job is to take Walsh out for a bite to eat and talk to him one-on-one. Tell him: mate, you have it all before you. Don’t blow it with this kind of carry-on. Play. Shut up. Concentrate. Keep growing. Give Walsh the correction he needs, that actually can’t come from the judiciary as much as their three-match suspension was warranted. It comes from senior players taking him in hand. You are the man."​

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Quoting Peter Fitzsimmons is not a win, he's a well known union dribbler.
Exactly.....Fitzsimons is fuckwit. Shows you just how poor the RL media is, when someone is propping him up as one of the good guys.

Unread

Active Now

• Justwin
  • Harry Sack
  • broncos4life
  • Manifesto
  • sooticus
  • Lozza
  • Browny
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.