OFFICIAL 2024 draw

FREE TO AIR (Channel 9) in Blue
HOME in Green

PREMIERSHIP
Round 1: Roosters - Sun, Mar 3. 2:30PM. Allegiant Stadium, Las Vegas
Round 2: Rabbitohs - Thurs, Mar 14. 7PM.
Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 3: Panthers - Thurs, Mar 21. 7PM. BlueBet Stadium, Penrith
Round 4: Cowboys - Fri, Mar 29. 7.05PM.
Round 5: Storm - Thurs, Apr 4. 7PM. AAMI Park, Melbourne
Round 6: Dolphins - Fri, Apr 12. 8PM.
Round 7: Raiders - Sat, Apr 20. 7:35PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 8: Tigers - Sat, Apr 27. 5:30pm. Campbelltown Sports Stadium, Sydney
Round 9: Roosters - Fri, May 3. 8PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 10: Eels - Fri, May 10. 8PM. CommBank Stadium, Sydney
Round 11: Sea Eagles - Friday, May 17. 8PM.
Round 12: Titans - Sunday, May 26. 2PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 13: BYE
STATE OF ORIGIN 1: Wed, Jun 5. 8:05PM. Accor Stadium, Sydney
Round 14: Sharks - Sat, Jun 8. 7:35PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 15: Rabbitohs - Fri, Jun 14. 8PM. Accor Stadium, Sydney
Round 16: BYE
STATE OF ORIGIN 2: Wed, Jun 26. 8:10PM. Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne
Round 17: Warriors - Sat, Jun 29. 3PM. Go Media Stadium, Auckland
Round 18: Panthers -Fri, July 5, 8PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 19: Dragons - Sat, July 13. 7:35PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
STATE OF ORIGIN 3: Wed, July 17. 8:10PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 20: Knights - Sat, July 20. 5:30PM. McDonald Jones Stadium, Newcastle
Round 21: Bulldogs - Sat, July 27. 3PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 22: Titans - Sat, Aug 3. 3PM. Cbus Super Stadium, Gold Coast
Round 23: Cowboys - Sat, Aug 10. 5:30PM. Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Townsville
Round 24: BYE
Round 25: Eels - Fri, Aug 23. 8PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 26: Dolphins - Sat, Aug 31. 5:30PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 27:Storm - Thurs, Sep 5. 7:50PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane

1ScreenF xf4NPbUAAzvxB
2ScreenF xf4NPbkAALF3b
3ScreenF xf4NQa4AAsRrU
4ScreenF xf4NOasAAdgVt

What would you have liked to see from Mozer that you didn’t see?
As I said, I thought he defended well and that was his best attribute yesterday. Didn't really like seeing hospital passes to the HB. Would have loved to see some smarts around the ruck instead of next man out passes, there were a few opportunities to test the markers off quick PTBs which would have been cool to see. Anyway it's all pointless, he's young and will improve. Is he ready for NRL, not on that performance. He looks good just where he is in Qcup which is to he expected.

In regards to Mozer his season in Qcup last year was very promising and it was his first full year at that level... also the first chance we've had to see him in a consistent side and playing against men.

Going into last year I was just hoping that Mozer would be able to defend against men in the middle, as he was 18/19 yr old last year and instead he became an attacking threat for them as the year went on... that's good signs to me

2023 Season
APPEARANCES 18
TRIES 7
TRY ASSISTS 9
LINE BREAK ASSISTS 7
FORCED DROP OUTS 1
TACKLES MADE 449
TACKLE EFFICIENCY 94.1%
AVERAGE RUNNING METRES 39

In regards to Mozer his season in Qcup last year was very promising and it was his first full year at that level... also the first chance we've had to see him in a consistent side and playing against men.

Going into last year I was just hoping that Mozer would be able to defend against men in the middle, as he was 18/19 yr old last year and instead he became an attacking threat for them as the year went on... that's good signs to me

2023 Season
APPEARANCES 18
TRIES 7
TRY ASSISTS 9
LINE BREAK ASSISTS 7
FORCED DROP OUTS 1
TACKLES MADE 449
TACKLE EFFICIENCY 94.1%
AVERAGE RUNNING METRES 39

Yeah that is outstanding for a 18/19 year old playing in the middle! How exciting to think we have him coming through

In regard to Mozer people are forgetting the physical factor and exhaustion.

He's only played 21 Cup games over two seasons, and it was only late 22 he was playing Colts.

He's been full time for two years. he averaged 49 minutes in Cup last season. Smoothy is much more physical and better suited to handling it and the 14 role and starting role too if he had to. Smoothy is also five years older, played twice as much Cup and 16 more NRL games been in two systems now.

I remember Bennett didn't want to debut Payne because he said he won't handle the physical nature of it, he made the point you can't handle guys that have been doing weights for 12 years when you've been doing them two years. He had to play Haas but did everything he could not to and then he injured his ankle and shoulder in game two and three- Which made his point for him.

It was hot and sticky yesterday, it's February and first hit out, Mozer was gassed and some of his passes started to not find their mark. He was still getting to the ruck and moving around the field. His NRL game last year he was on all fours after 10 minutes.

Just for perspective the last two Queensland hookers Smith- 28 Cup games and Grant was 41 games. Mozer hasn't got anywhere near that mark yet.

100%. I was so sad when he left. He was thrust into first grade on potential which I think was very poor management from Siebold. All I'm saying is that's what I see from mozer, he isn't really kicking the door down and shouldn't really be considered for NRL until that happens.. or else we will probably have another Dearden.

Look, I'm sure Mozees a great player, I just haven't seen what the hypes about is all. And as I said, if the media didn't compare him to Smith, this forum wouldn't be eating buckets of his shit like they did with Dearden when he came through.
I understand being skeptical of hype. Many fail to reach up to it and Mozer could be another that never eventuates. I also understand that if your only exposure to him has been the bigger games he’s been in, such as the origin match or broncos trials that they left plenty to be desired.

His ability in the lower grades was very evident, and unlike most kids that stand out, it didn’t rely on physicality or freakish attacking flair. He is very methodical and scheming. He builds into games over 80 minutes and is intelligent in defence.

He hasn’t really shown that against adults but he has also been playing reduced minutes which doesn’t suit his playing style and getting used to the physicality of playing against men.

Very different style of player but for years we started to question if Piakura could do any of the amazing things he was doing in his youth against men and we are only now starting to see glimpses of it. I feel Mozer may be the same. We may not start to see the best of him until he’s 23 or so.

I could be entirely wrong though. Or even more likely, he’ll finally start to making it all click only to sign with the roosters

I understand being skeptical of hype. Many fail to reach up to it and Mozer could be another that never eventuates. I also understand that if your only exposure to him has been the bigger games he’s been in, such as the origin match or broncos trials that they left plenty to be desired.

His ability in the lower grades was very evident, and unlike most kids that stand out, it didn’t rely on physicality or freakish attacking flair. He is very methodical and scheming. He builds into games over 80 minutes and is intelligent in defence.

He hasn’t really shown that against adults but he has also been playing reduced minutes which doesn’t suit his playing style and getting used to the physicality of playing against men.

Very different style of player but for years we started to question if Piakura could do any of the amazing things he was doing in his youth against men and we are only now starting to see glimpses of it. I feel Mozer may be the same. We may not start to see the best of him until he’s 23 or so.

I could be entirely wrong though. Or even more likely, he’ll finally start to making it all click only to sign with the roosters
We have been pretty lucky that most of our players live up to their hype eventually. The only two I can think of that haven't are paix (referred to as a cronk clone) and tesi niu (referred to as the most exciting Queensland prospect in years).

Pretty good strike rate when you consider blokes like Herbie, Flegler, Haas, carrigan etc. All lived up to the hype. Hopefully mozer will be no different.

I just hate seeing so much hype around these young guys so early.

Don't forget at the same age Smith was playing Colts Grand Finals.

Redcliffe 1. Chris Carter 2. Jay Cole 3. David Stagg 4. Mark Christensen 5. Luke Georgeson 6. Dane Campbell 7. Mick Daly (c) 8. Dale Newton 9. Warren Colledge 10. Shane Livingstone 11. David Shillington 12. Leigh Coghill 13. Joe Burley Interchange 14. Andrew Wagner 15. Kane Devine 16. Adrian Mitchell 17. Josh McCormick Coach: David Simpson

Norths 1. Adam Fletcher 2. Jason Hynes 3. Billy Slater 4. Nathan Turner 5. Daniel Power 6. Jake Webster 7. Cooper Cronk 8. John Flint 9. Chad Buckby 10. Clint Amos 11. Sam Fillery 12. Denis Sargent 13. Cameron Smith (c) Interchange 14. Jim Roulston 15. Daniel Goodyear 16. Kurtis Stone 17. Luke Bevan Coach: Chris Fullerton

Redcliffe 24 (Jay Cole, Luke Georgeson, Mick Daly, Leigh Coghill tries: Mark Christensen 4 goals) Norths 22 (Billy Slater 2, Jake Webster, Cooper Cronk tries: Daniel Power 3 goals)

Ballin just the other day said that at under 19 level, he was starting hooker and Smith was the back up.

I hope Black gets games in Qcup this year, would like to see him playing at the same level as Madden to put pressure on him for the post Reyno gig.

Has to turn 18 first and get picked too. Rogers and Hamilton are pretty formidable and Bears are coming off a GF. He’s not just walking in post Meninga.

Has to turn 18 first and get picked too. Rogers and Hamilton are pretty formidable and Bears are coming off a GF. He’s not just walking in post Meninga.
You reckon they might play Hamilton at FB? They wouldn’t have sent him to Burleigh if he didn’t have a spot after MM so my guess is he will get to play 7.

In regard to Mozer people are forgetting the physical factor and exhaustion.

He's only played 21 Cup games over two seasons, and it was only late 22 he was playing Colts.

He's been full time for two years. he averaged 49 minutes in Cup last season. Smoothy is much more physical and better suited to handling it and the 14 role and starting role too if he had to. Smoothy is also five years older, played twice as much Cup and 16 more NRL games been in two systems now.

I remember Bennett didn't want to debut Payne because he said he won't handle the physical nature of it, he made the point you can't handle guys that have been doing weights for 12 years when you've been doing them two years. He had to play Haas but did everything he could not to and then he injured his ankle and shoulder in game two and three- Which made his point for him.

It was hot and sticky yesterday, it's February and first hit out, Mozer was gassed and some of his passes started to not find their mark. He was still getting to the ruck and moving around the field. His NRL game last year he was on all fours after 10 minutes.

Just for perspective the last two Queensland hookers Smith- 28 Cup games and Grant was 41 games. Mozer hasn't got anywhere near that mark yet.

I thought that was one of the positives of Mozer`s game , his fitness .
He is a lot like Paix in that he is a catcher tackler . But he got through a lot of work during his stint .
That is one area Billy has an advantage , his tackling technique . He can cut big boys down with low tackles .

Taking into account time in the top 30 squad is a big factor .
Is Paix ahead of Mozer atm if one of the 2 hookers in the team gets injured ?

Isreal Folau and Karmicheal Hunt ?
Different in the backs ?

Active Now

• marw
  • dasherhalo
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Jedhead
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.