OFFICIAL 2024 draw

FREE TO AIR (Channel 9) in Blue
HOME in Green

PREMIERSHIP
Round 1: Roosters - Sun, Mar 3. 2:30PM. Allegiant Stadium, Las Vegas
Round 2: Rabbitohs - Thurs, Mar 14. 7PM.
Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 3: Panthers - Thurs, Mar 21. 7PM. BlueBet Stadium, Penrith
Round 4: Cowboys - Fri, Mar 29. 7.05PM.
Round 5: Storm - Thurs, Apr 4. 7PM. AAMI Park, Melbourne
Round 6: Dolphins - Fri, Apr 12. 8PM.
Round 7: Raiders - Sat, Apr 20. 7:35PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 8: Tigers - Sat, Apr 27. 5:30pm. Campbelltown Sports Stadium, Sydney
Round 9: Roosters - Fri, May 3. 8PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 10: Eels - Fri, May 10. 8PM. CommBank Stadium, Sydney
Round 11: Sea Eagles - Friday, May 17. 8PM.
Round 12: Titans - Sunday, May 26. 2PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 13: BYE
STATE OF ORIGIN 1: Wed, Jun 5. 8:05PM. Accor Stadium, Sydney
Round 14: Sharks - Sat, Jun 8. 7:35PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 15: Rabbitohs - Fri, Jun 14. 8PM. Accor Stadium, Sydney
Round 16: BYE
STATE OF ORIGIN 2: Wed, Jun 26. 8:10PM. Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne
Round 17: Warriors - Sat, Jun 29. 3PM. Go Media Stadium, Auckland
Round 18: Panthers -Fri, July 5, 8PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 19: Dragons - Sat, July 13. 7:35PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
STATE OF ORIGIN 3: Wed, July 17. 8:10PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 20: Knights - Sat, July 20. 5:30PM. McDonald Jones Stadium, Newcastle
Round 21: Bulldogs - Sat, July 27. 3PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 22: Titans - Sat, Aug 3. 3PM. Cbus Super Stadium, Gold Coast
Round 23: Cowboys - Sat, Aug 10. 5:30PM. Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Townsville
Round 24: BYE
Round 25: Eels - Fri, Aug 23. 8PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 26: Dolphins - Sat, Aug 31. 5:30PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 27:Storm - Thurs, Sep 5. 7:50PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane

1ScreenF xf4NPbUAAzvxB
2ScreenF xf4NPbkAALF3b
3ScreenF xf4NQa4AAsRrU
4ScreenF xf4NOasAAdgVt

I’m not saying he should take Billy’s spot round 1 or even this year, but at some point whenever kevie feels Mozer is ready I would be more inclined to go 9. Smoothy 14. Mozer

Yes and in fact it is actually simpler than you would think. Just don't voice the same opinion over and over and over and over and over again. When you constantly drone on about the same thing in almost every thread, that is when it becomes an agenda and agendas are tedious.
Yes, I know what you mean: corrupt refs, PVL, how incompetent is the NRL, Uncle Nick, etc.

Obviously doesn't apply to ranking the hookers the only time in history we've had four play in the same match.

I’m not saying he should take Billy’s spot round 1 or even this year, but at some point whenever kevie feels Mozer is ready I would be more inclined to go 9. Smoothy 14. Mozer
Hard to argue with the evidence to hand.

Paix can’t even make the 17 when it’s just the kids and QCup players
Number 14, Joseph Tomane, played 17 tests for the Wallabies. He's 34.

“Can’t make tackles” is a massive exaggeration.

I know they didn’t player the same amount of minutes or games last year but Billy Walters last year missed 75 tackles & smoothy missed 24.

In QCup Smoothy had a 95% tackle efficiency.

To act like their defence is “worlds apart” is a ridiculous narrative.

They are both good defenders .
Different styles though . Billy is much more aggressive and chases blokes down from marker and misses tackles when he goes low .Rarely misses in the line and most of the time if he goes low he slows the runners momentum and they are swallowed up by the defence line . Tyson works more in the line with others .Can put on a good ball and all tackle . Strong body , big shoulders .

Is that you, Seibs?
They are both good defenders .
Different styles though . Billy is much more aggressive and chases blokes down from marker and misses tackles when he goes low .Rarely misses in the line and most of the time if he goes low he slows the runners momentum and they are swallowed up by the defence line . Tyson works more in the line with others .Can put on a good ball and all tackle . Strong body , big shoulders .
Thanks for actually responding with something productive relating to the discussion instead of just resorting to irrelevant insults like @BroncosFever

Thanks for actually responding with something productive relating to the discussion instead of just resorting to irrelevant insults like @BroncosFever

I didn't take you seriously. You can't actually sit there thinking Smoothy is the better option over Walters, it's not possible given what he has been able to achieve.

What the **** has Smoothy done? He hasn't been short of an opportunity either.

I didn't take you seriously. You can't actually sit there thinking Smoothy is the better option over Walters, it's not possible given what he has been able to achieve.

What the **** has Smoothy done? He hasn't been short of an opportunity either.
I think Smoothy's service from dummy half is better, I think he doesn't look as frantic, he engages markers well, doesn't overplay his hand. Overall to me he just looks more of a natural 9 than Billy does, with that being said do I think Billy should be dropped? No. But I think when the time comes for when Kevie decides to blood Mozer, I would have start Smoothy over Billy (which won't happen so you can rest easy) sorry someone has a different opinion to yours bro you don't have to get so mad about it ahaha

I think Smoothy's service from dummy half is better, I think he doesn't look as frantic, he engages markers well, doesn't overplay his hand. Overall to me he just looks more of a natural 9 than Billy does, with that being said do I think Billy should be dropped? No. But I think when the time comes for when Kevie decides to blood Mozer, I would have start Smoothy over Billy (which won't happen so you can rest easy) sorry someone has a different opinion to yours bro you don't have to get so mad about it ahaha

I'm not mad about your opinion, I just can't believe we're still having this discussion. Billy has done nothing but prove people wrong. It's actually amusing people still see it another way. I am yet to see Smoothy put his name up in lights the way Billy has been able to and as I said, it's not through lack of an opportunity.

Smoothy has to prove he's going to offer more than Billy for Billy to be dropped. I haven't seen it. I think you are hoping to see it but deep deep down in a special part of your soul, you know you haven't seen it either.

I'm not mad about your opinion, I just can't believe we're still having this discussion. Billy has done nothing but prove people wrong. It's actually amusing people still see it another way. I am yet to see Smoothy put his name up in lights the way Billy has been able to and as I said, it's not through lack of an opportunity.

Smoothy has to prove he's going to offer more than Billy for Billy to be dropped. I haven't seen it. I think you are hoping to see it but deep deep down in a special part of your soul, you know you haven't seen it either.
They have different styles.

Smoothy isn't the sort of hooker to be running from dummy half nearly every set like Billy does. Personally I prefer his calm temperament/decision making over Billy's style. I think the team runs more smoothly (pun intended) off the back of it.

Billy hasn't put his name up in lights either. There's been an overcompensation to the amount of shit he copped in last years' preseason. And he was copping it everywhere.

He improved massively over the season, particularly the run to the finals, and is now being compared to Smoothy. Before you go saying he proved a lot of folk wrong, well remember how he was before he improved. That's when he was copping it. Not now.

The question now is not whether he's a shit dummy half - he's not - but whether by the end of the season the best combination includes him.

I didn't realise it was the same Joe Tomane - formerly of Melbourne Storm and Gold Coast Titans.

He was a handy player before he choofed off to rugby.

Sort of sometimes plays for Souths. Magpies have Steve Kefu helping out too.

They have different styles.

Smoothy isn't the sort of hooker to be running from dummy half nearly every set like Billy does. Personally I prefer his calm temperament/decision making over Billy's style. I think the team runs more smoothly (pun intended) off the back of it.
Billy is our best 9, and Smoothy is our best 14. I think they both suit their current roles perfectly (it took us to a grandfinal).

Mozer is a couple of years away (will probably start to transition when Billy's next contract expires). Talk of starting him at 9 this year sounds like a Seibold strategy. Maybe we loan him out to the Tigers for a year like Melbourne did with Grant (or Warriors, given history). I think HG was 21 at the time?

Love Paix too (like I love all Broncos players), but he seems destined to be the long term backup.

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • marw
  • Jedhead
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.