OFFICIAL 2024 draw

FREE TO AIR (Channel 9) in Blue
HOME in Green

PREMIERSHIP
Round 1: Roosters - Sun, Mar 3. 2:30PM. Allegiant Stadium, Las Vegas
Round 2: Rabbitohs - Thurs, Mar 14. 7PM.
Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 3: Panthers - Thurs, Mar 21. 7PM. BlueBet Stadium, Penrith
Round 4: Cowboys - Fri, Mar 29. 7.05PM.
Round 5: Storm - Thurs, Apr 4. 7PM. AAMI Park, Melbourne
Round 6: Dolphins - Fri, Apr 12. 8PM.
Round 7: Raiders - Sat, Apr 20. 7:35PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 8: Tigers - Sat, Apr 27. 5:30pm. Campbelltown Sports Stadium, Sydney
Round 9: Roosters - Fri, May 3. 8PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 10: Eels - Fri, May 10. 8PM. CommBank Stadium, Sydney
Round 11: Sea Eagles - Friday, May 17. 8PM.
Round 12: Titans - Sunday, May 26. 2PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 13: BYE
STATE OF ORIGIN 1: Wed, Jun 5. 8:05PM. Accor Stadium, Sydney
Round 14: Sharks - Sat, Jun 8. 7:35PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 15: Rabbitohs - Fri, Jun 14. 8PM. Accor Stadium, Sydney
Round 16: BYE
STATE OF ORIGIN 2: Wed, Jun 26. 8:10PM. Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne
Round 17: Warriors - Sat, Jun 29. 3PM. Go Media Stadium, Auckland
Round 18: Panthers -Fri, July 5, 8PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 19: Dragons - Sat, July 13. 7:35PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
STATE OF ORIGIN 3: Wed, July 17. 8:10PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 20: Knights - Sat, July 20. 5:30PM. McDonald Jones Stadium, Newcastle
Round 21: Bulldogs - Sat, July 27. 3PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 22: Titans - Sat, Aug 3. 3PM. Cbus Super Stadium, Gold Coast
Round 23: Cowboys - Sat, Aug 10. 5:30PM. Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Townsville
Round 24: BYE
Round 25: Eels - Fri, Aug 23. 8PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 26: Dolphins - Sat, Aug 31. 5:30PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 27:Storm - Thurs, Sep 5. 7:50PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane

1ScreenF xf4NPbUAAzvxB
2ScreenF xf4NPbkAALF3b
3ScreenF xf4NQa4AAsRrU
4ScreenF xf4NOasAAdgVt

Not sure who Karapani is, but we need to sign him up longer term immediately

Well a run down on the players that matter:

Sailor - Walsh-esque as always, very rocks and diamonds but more diamonds than rocks when it mattered in the end

Mariner - Not a game to put before the coaches when wanting to start round 1, absolute shocker but I'll put it down to trying too hard trying to impress, he has put himself behind Oates comfortably

Black - VERY impressive, still very raw but when the game was there for the taking, he stamped his authority on it and two try assists plus goal kicking - a lot, a real lot, to like

Willison - Showed he is ready to explode at NRL level, he looked like a player too good for this level, exactly what we wanted to see

Mozer - Very impressive as well, some beautiful passing and he got the side rolling forward nicely, he might well usurp Smoothy sooner than perhaps expected - like Black, a lot to like in his work

Te Kura - He looked very raw early but got better as the game went on, he isn't ready for first grade yet but once he is, look out because with his size and footwork, he is going to terrorize teams in the NRL once he comes in

Still yet to see the hype around mozer to be honest. The best part of his game is his defence. Yet to see him throw more than a next man out pass. Sailor, willison and black were quite good. Ugly game

Mozer looks the goods, he got through an absolute mountain of work there and his technique is really smooth. He will definitely be pushing Billy and Smoothy by the end of the year on his current trajectory.

It's Willison's breakout year.

Really impressed with young Black, he looks very very good.

Sailor is obviously too good for Cup but I don't think we have a spot for him. He would absolutely carve up over in the UK, but I'm glad we've kept him this year. I do feel for him as he should be playing at the top level, but he will still get games for us over Origin etc.

Te Kura is still a little way off, which is not unexpected for a young forward finding his way. He could be something special, a big man should not have footwork like that!!

Mariner had a mare, that's about it. Oates absolutely deserves the spot ahead of him at this stage, there is simply no real argument.

Some other names to note and keep tabs on there too. Very entertaining game, and hey - footy's back!!

For the players I was interested in watching I think

Mozer was pretty good, but is the type of player that needs better players around him. Good maturity with his decisions and nice passing.

Willison was decent, good defensively and seems to have a nice combination with mozer. Quick play the ball but want stronger runs. I expected more as I see him as a first grader.

Te Kura I expected alot more from, was not anything special. Seems more worried about getting arms free for offloads then tucking it away and using his size. Also a bit lazy on backing up efforts.

Sailor was basically his usual rocks and diamonds obviously a first grader but god he makes some stupid errors and decisions.

Mariner I thought had a terrible game. Defensively his decision making was terrible, if he was playing for a jersey he just lost it.

Leota was ok. Good body shape and athleticism, needs more experience I think with time looks like a good option to replace Oates in the future

Hunt actually really liked the way he played and the work he got through. Thought he was really good and looks like a genuine first grader. Some nice similarities to Hetherington with more mobility, could be a nice bench option.

Black you can definately see the skill. Very young but if he keeps developing the right way is a very good chance of being a great half. Just way too early to call at the moment.

I thought Ferguson got through alot of good work too, nothing flashy, nothing too impressive but a good solid depth option.

A couple of other notes:

Karapani - He had some shocking moments and got binned, I'll argue rightly but in his second stint, was really good - a project player that might be worth seeing what he can turn in to

Trew - He is HUGE, Oates 2.0 but aside from that one put down, not a lot to write home about, but based on his physique, there is quite a bit to work with

Rogers - I thought he looked good as he always does, very calm head on his shoulders - I know he isn't young but if Reynolds went down, well we could do worse

Leota - He looks promising but I haven't really seen a whole lot of clear development in the last 12 months - he has good size about him but still cannot seem to catch a high ball, time will tell if he makes it or not

Hunt - A really smart recruit, can see him being in and around the team all year and one of the first picked in the even of injury, he looked pretty good in his short stint

Good try to end things from Sailor.

Tristan has so much talent, if he could just find some maturity in his game he'd be a regular starter.
In what position?

Haven't read any new posts in an hour, so figure it's already been said but:
Black looks really promising, confident kid with a decent boot and supports the plays, definitely just what we need for the future. Hopefully he kicks on and lives up to his potential.
Sailor is too good to be playing in this game, I reckon half the nrl clubs would want him as their 1 or 6. Very thankful we have him as back up this year.
Wilison needs to be locked up long term (as mentioned heaps already) his stocks are going to sky rocket this year.
Trew can easily be Oates reincarnated, I really hope this happens just so we always have a Oates on our wing.
Mozer and Mariner were underwhelming for me, I put it down to rust and will hopefully see a bit more of what they have to offer this year against cows and eagles.
Pretty standard wet weather footy game and I feel the broncos young fellas went for the low percentage flash plays and they didn't pull them off. Wynnum played a lot more smarter footy and almost got it. In the end the flash stuff got us over the line and is a way more exciting brand that we've become used to. Hopefully execution is better this year and we should blow teams away.
Stoked to have the footy back and great to see there were no injuries. Even more stoked my 2.5 year old boy watched the whole thing with me and loved it.

Hunt - A really smart recruit, can see him being in and around the team all year and one of the first picked in the even of injury, he looked pretty good in his short stint
Hunt impressed me .
Good defender and has some mongrel in him . He`ll be handy as the season goes on .

Te Kura had one good run where he looked like the big kid in under 10s .

Sailor ... That kid could win you the game one minute and lose it the next .

Liked the look of Karapani .

Black big,fast and strong for young 7 . Decent kicker too .

Don’t see how Mozer did anything wrong, he defended well and gave nice crisp service. When you make an error every 2 tackles that’s the best a hooker of his style can do. He couldn’t control, manipulate the ruck or tempo of the game. He did the right thing and gave quick ball to the forwards or first receivers and they usually cocked it up from there.

Don’t see how Mozer did anything wrong, he defended well and gave nice crisp service. When you make an error every 2 tackles that’s the best a hooker of his style can do. He couldn’t control, manipulate the ruck or tempo of the game. He did the right thing and gave quick ball to the forwards or first receivers and they usually cocked it up from there.
Yeah I would say a solid game. No real errors but still not seeing the hype. I've never seen him dominate 19s or anything really. Can he throw a bullet pass?

Active Now

• Brocko
  • mitch222
  • Santa
  • BroncosAlways
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Xzei
  • Waynesaurus
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Scdeac
  • Sproj
  • lynx000
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.