2024 NRL General Discussion Thread

well it looks like JD is about to be out of a job, because he doesn't have the balls to do any of that.

I’m not a fan of Bog Ears but in fairness, he’s a bit hamstrung with all the injuries and suspensions with how much change he can make.

Thoroughly convinced Ricky Stuart has a screw loose. He gave Hasler a serving of the kitchen sink when apparently Des wasn't even looking for a blue, he called the refs cheats in the press conference and even dropped an F bomb right in front of the journos....And that was after a win. Imagine the serve he would've given if the Tits snagged the point.

He's a seriously bad tempered little prick.

Thoroughly convinced Ricky Stuart has a screw loose. He gave Hasler a serving of the kitchen sink when apparently Des wasn't even looking for a blue, he called the refs cheats in the press conference and even dropped an F bomb right in front of the journos....And that was after a win. Imagine the serve he would've given if the Tits snagged the point.

He's a seriously bad tempered little prick.

sharon leal love GIF

Holy shit Alex Twal is a space cadet.

Was a bit concerned that he was a bit sick last week when I saw him sitting outside the change room by himself, he just didn't look great. Hope WB is okay.

Speedy recovery, Wayne!

.. but knowing Wayne .. the old fox is probably on an aeroplane on his way to the negotiating table in South Sydney land as we speak lol.

/jokes 😆 lol

Fucking hell Fox are absolutely flogging all this Mitchell Pearce content to death. They must be positioning him to come in as another personality, but he's boring as bat shit to listen to ... going to be another shit Sydney boys club hire

Fucking hell Fox are absolutely flogging all this Mitchell Pearce content to death. They must be positioning him to come in as another personality, but he's boring as bat shit to listen to ... going to be another shit Sydney boys club hire
Matty Johns shows have their moments but the rest of the fox shows are unwatchable. I don't get why the pay money to make them. I'd pay the same price just for the games.

The had fucking Todd Carney on the commentary team on Triple M last week, there really must be a dearth of NRL personalities at the moment.

Not really sure where to put this but:

Jackson Topine has reportedly launched legal action against the Bulldogs alleging that a punishment he was forced to endure over being late for training was a “deprivation of liberty” and “unlawful corporal punishment”

If you recall a story last year that a player who arrived late to training was forced to wrestle the entire NRL squad as punishment, it has now been revealed that player was Topine.

the court documents allege that despite Topine’s obvious exhaustion and distress, his teammates were ordered by head trainer Travis Touma to continue wrestling him.

Quotes from the court statement:

“Each player in the Bulldogs roster, who were the plaintiff’s opponents in wrestling match-ups, possessed high levels of fitness and strength,” the court statement reads.

“(Touma) directed (Topine’s) opponents in the wrestling match-ups not to reduce intensity by saying words to the following effect, ‘Don’t let him up if he’s down, jump on him straight away’.

“As a result of completing the performance of all wrestling match-ups required under the wrestling direction, (Topine) required assistance in performing limited physical functions, including, standing and walking.”

“The plaintiff arrived late to training in circumstances where he made a mistake in relation to reading the training schedule for 18 July 2023 of “Arrive/ strapping 8am” then “Wrestle 8.30am”, the statement reads.

“On arrival, he greeted numerous players and staff. He was available and prepared for the commencement of the scheduled wrestling training at 8.30am.

“After completing the scheduled wrestling training (which was undertaken by all players in the Bulldogs player roster present over an hour and a half) from approximately 8.30am until 10.00am, the second defendant (Touma) directed the plaintiff (Topine), as a condition of his employment, to engage in individual wrestling match-ups with between 30 to 35 players in the Bulldogs NRL Player Roster (the “wrestling direction”).”

A couple of pieces might be starting to fall into place. What's the chances this whole thing is why Faitula-Mariner was suddenly on the outer at the Dogs?

Wrestling can gas a person out pretty quickly .
When your arms and legs are feeling like jelly it`s a pretty scary situation .
To then be bullied by multiple men would be degrading .

Old saying fatigue can make cowards out of brave men .

The had fucking Todd Carney on the commentary team on Triple M last week, there really must be a dearth of NRL personalities at the moment.

Pearce on 360 last night, comparing Rugby League on ANZAC Day to playing with the spirit of the soldiers or some shit, it's not even remotely the same, not even in the slightest.

One was prepared to die for freedom, the other is playing sport for cash.

I sure as **** hope he doesn't get a run in any of their commentary teams.

Not really sure where to put this but:

Jackson Topine has reportedly launched legal action against the Bulldogs alleging that a punishment he was forced to endure over being late for training was a “deprivation of liberty” and “unlawful corporal punishment”

If you recall a story last year that a player who arrived late to training was forced to wrestle the entire NRL squad as punishment, it has now been revealed that player was Topine.

the court documents allege that despite Topine’s obvious exhaustion and distress, his teammates were ordered by head trainer Travis Touma to continue wrestling him.

Quotes from the court statement:

“Each player in the Bulldogs roster, who were the plaintiff’s opponents in wrestling match-ups, possessed high levels of fitness and strength,” the court statement reads.

“(Touma) directed (Topine’s) opponents in the wrestling match-ups not to reduce intensity by saying words to the following effect, ‘Don’t let him up if he’s down, jump on him straight away’.

“As a result of completing the performance of all wrestling match-ups required under the wrestling direction, (Topine) required assistance in performing limited physical functions, including, standing and walking.”

“The plaintiff arrived late to training in circumstances where he made a mistake in relation to reading the training schedule for 18 July 2023 of “Arrive/ strapping 8am” then “Wrestle 8.30am”, the statement reads.

“On arrival, he greeted numerous players and staff. He was available and prepared for the commencement of the scheduled wrestling training at 8.30am.

“After completing the scheduled wrestling training (which was undertaken by all players in the Bulldogs player roster present over an hour and a half) from approximately 8.30am until 10.00am, the second defendant (Touma) directed the plaintiff (Topine), as a condition of his employment, to engage in individual wrestling match-ups with between 30 to 35 players in the Bulldogs NRL Player Roster (the “wrestling direction”).”

I remember saying at the time this kind of nonsense has no place in professional sport in this day and age. The club had a duty of care that they have apparently totally disregarded, and I hope that they are held accountable.

I remember saying at the time this kind of nonsense has no place in professional sport in this day and age. The club had a duty of care that they have apparently totally disregarded, and I hope that they are held accountable.

Not the Dogs of War anymore ?

Apparently Terry Hill has died from a heart attack.

Definitely one of the names/faces synonymous with the 90's Manly team, RIP.

Jesus. Absolutely one of the faces of league in the nineties. I hated him with a passion on the field (and off, if I'm being honest), but man, that's way too young. Rest in peace.

Unread

Active Now

• Fatboy
  • BroncsNBundy
  • broncsgoat
  • jarro65
  • sooticus
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.