2024 NRL General Discussion Thread

Kent needs to grow the **** up. I don’t know what he’d be on, maybe 300, 400K? He’s not some twenty year old footballer - he knows what’s at stake with behaviour like this. Or maybe he just thought he’s untouchable.
What pisses me off is that the media will cover their journo buddies' backs.. but had this footage emerged with a current player involved .. we would be hearing about it until the player was sacked or at least sanctioned in some way.

Kent is untouchable.

What pisses me off is that the media will cover their journo buddies' backs.. but had this footage emerged with a current player involved .. we would be hearing about it until the player was sacked or at least sanctioned in some way.

Kent is untouchable.
Except it is all over the news sites and he has been stood down but sure…we won’t hear all about because the media will cover it up for their beloved Paul Kent…please

Except it is all over the news sites and he has been stood down but sure…we won’t hear all about because the media will cover it up for their beloved Paul Kent…please
Fox ain't covering it .. like they should.

I mean .. that is their job .. right?

Kent is untouchable.
I don't think he'll be untouchable when there's footage out there... these journos usually have each other's back, because they don't want their own dirty laundry exposed... hence the radio silence from media outlets...

But they live in a social media world now and they can't hide from camera phones

I don't think he'll be untouchable when there's footage out there... these journos usually have each other's back, because they don't want their own dirty laundry exposed... but they live in a social media world now and they can't hide from camera phones
The thing that irritates me is had it been a player in this position .. 360 dudes would be relentless.

Not acknowledging it, ignoring it .. is its own form of at least attempting to cover it up. Especially when you take into consideration if it was a player doing it .. it would be wall-to-wall coverage. 🤷‍♀️

Maybe cover up wasn't the word I should have used .. didn't know what else to call it.

I don't like Kent, bloke is a knob.
But did anything really wrong happen here?
Just two drunk dickheads having a bit of a scuffle and no one pressed charges.

I just hope Tallis doesn't let him live it down on 360 anytime Kent gets all puffed up about something.

You did just say the media, not 360 but idc…enjoy your outrage I guess…
Outrage is a bit of an exaggeration. 🥴

And I really think you knew exactly what I meant.

I don't like Kent, bloke is a knob.
But did anything really wrong happen here?
Just two drunk dickheads having a bit of a scuffle and no one pressed charges.

I just hope Tallis doesn't let him live it down on 360 anytime Kent gets all puffed up about something.
It’s just the hypocrisy of it all. He and his News Corpse mates would be “outraged” if the same footage was of a player.

I just wanted to note something...

The dolphins have faced the
Titans in their 1st game without tino, the Broncos without Reynolds, haas, etc etc etc etc, the eels without moses, and are gonna face the knights in their 1st game without ponga and manly in their 1st game without DCE and olokuatu...

Meanwhile we played penriff the game BEFORE cleary was out for 5 weeks. And Munster, Hughes and a couple others in their comeback game FROM injury.
I know this is luck but the skewed "draw" the nrl "randomly" puts out every year just amplifies it as well. Ladder positions are not going to be a true indicator for premiership favouritism this year to a certain extent. There will be some annihilations in the finals

I just wanted to note something...

The dolphins have faced the
Titans in their 1st game without tino, the Broncos without Reynolds, haas, etc etc etc etc, the eels without moses, and are gonna face the knights in their 1st game without ponga and manly in their 1st game without DCE and olokuatu...

Meanwhile we played penriff the game BEFORE cleary was out for 5 weeks. And Munster, Hughes and a couple others in their comeback game FROM injury.
I know this is luck but the skewed "draw" the nrl "randomly" puts out every year just amplifies it as well. Ladder positions are not going to be a true indicator for premiership favouritism this year to a certain extent. There will be some annihilations in the finals

As long as it's the Broncos annihilating all comers, sounds excellent to me!

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Dash
  • Skathen
  • Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • bazza
  • Harry Sack
  • Old Mate
  • Mister Wright
  • FACTHUNT
  • BruiserMk1
  • Big Del
  • Sproj
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Stix
  • ell.d33
  • Lostboy
  • Financeguy
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.