2024 NRL General Discussion Thread

Can somebody explain how Sezer gets a 4 game ban for a hip drop, but Tago gets a 1 game ban.
Download

I hate this. Badger is a terrible ref, she makes terrible decisions every game no matter if she is on the field or the bunker but her ineptitude has nothing to do with her gender. The sexist comments about her are unacceptable and whatever can be done about that needs to be but it shouldn’t (yet will) hide the fact that she is not up to first grade standard.

Don't want her anywhere near the kitchen,would likely get steak-icecream sandwiches given her decision making.

View attachment 27642

I'm sure some of the comments were sexist but incompetence is incompetence, regardless of gender.
She absolutely deserves to be bagged out for that performance. It was just embarrassing.

Ive not read the "sexist" comments, and don't condone them .. not even really sure why fans feel that they needed to resort to sexist comments .. Badger needs to pulled over the coals by the fans .. just like a male referee would have to cop after a performance like that.

The reality is tho, Badger shouldn't be singled out, the standard of refereeing in the NRL is at best poor across the board.

But it's an NRL wide problem, the administration, the bunker, the MRC, the judiciary, it's all broken, inconsistent and biased, the refereeing is just and extension of that.

Its like Reva in Obi-wan, people called any criticism of her sexist which totally ignored the fact that both the character and the acting performance were poor. Just because someone is of a certain gender does not mean that criticism against them is automatically sexist. If someone is bad at their job, they will get criticised when they are in the public sphere.

Its like Reva in Obi-wan, people called any criticism of her sexist which totally ignored the fact that both the character and the acting performance were poor. Just because someone is of a certain gender does not mean that criticism against them is automatically sexist. If someone is bad at their job, they will get criticised when they are in the public sphere.
The all female ghostbusters is a perfect example

I hope Wests ask exactly the same thing. I also want to know why May didn't get a fine and 10 in the bin but Mariner did. So many double standards when it comes to Penrith and everyone else.

May didn`t lead with his shoulder ?
And was attempting a tackle would be a point of difference ?

She absolutely deserves to be bagged out for that performance. It was just embarrassing.

Ive not read the "sexist" comments, and don't condone them .. not even really sure why fans feel that they needed to resort to sexist comments .. Badger needs to pulled over the coals by the fans .. just like a male referee would have to cop after a performance like that.

Getting the respect of NRL players in the heat of battle will always be a struggle for females reffing NRL .
I was listening to the commentary on the radio . I could hear players dissenting . And Casey Badger telling them to respect her authoritie ! It didn`t sound assertive or authorative .

Getting the respect of NRL players in the heat of battle will always be a struggle for females reffing NRL .
I was listening to the commentary on the radio . I could hear players dissenting . And Casey Badger telling them to respect her authoritie ! It didn`t sound assertive or authorative .
Would be easier to gain respect if you weren’t incompetent. Male refs don’t get respect from the players when they are fucking up.

Active Now

• sooticus
  • Cavalo
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Gaz
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Shane Tronc
  • jd87
  • Brotherdu
  • Culhwch
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.