2024 NRL General Discussion Thread

Tom Weaver overlooked again by Des Hasler. He must be playing terribly in Q cup for them to pick Chris Randall in the halves over him.

Tom Weaver overlooked again by Des Hasler. He must be playing terribly in Q cup for them to pick Chris Randall in the halves over him.
Weaver must be injured, he didn't play QCup last weekend and hasn't been named by Tweed this weekend either. It wasn't like Tweed were travelling poorly either, they put 50 on the defending premiers in Weaver's last game for the Seagulls.

I'm curious to see how Des injects Kini into the game. On paper Kini/Brimson/Foran/Verrills seems like the play but Brimson has been so effective at fullback it seems like Des is tempted to stick with him even if Randall sticks out like a sore thumb.

I chuckled at the team 360 put up for the Panthers for the players they've lost that they have developed.

It included Kikau, Capewell, Pangai Jr and Hosking.

Don't get me wrong, I think they and us should be rewarded for the development we do but come on, those four guys were not developed by Penrith.

On a separate note, if Graham stays as host, I will be watching again quite a lot more and seems they have listened to the fans, Ritchie has disappeared.

I seen Ivan Cleary have a complaint and asking for reimbursement from the NRL. I thought how ridiculous when we're being going through the same thing for years and received nothing from NRL.
It's "I saw" or "I have seen" but yes, I had the same thought, nobody gave 2 hoots for the 30 years it's been happening to Brisbane

Well ,,, he did spend 6 years there ?
Yes he was recruited by the Cowboys , but spent a lot longer at the Panters .
And I would say actually learnt league at Penrith . He was a rugby kid .

In the land of RL (unless it's cutting up oranges etc) a female needs to work 10 times as hard as a male .. just to be accepted. Replacing Fatty .. was always going to be a bridge too far for Erin. As much as I don't really like either Erin or John's .. channel 9 are really responsible for the fallout .. can't throw a token woman in there and just hope for the best 🤷‍♀️

So I am assuming Sorensen goes to the bench, Smith to start in the middle and Dave to second-row.

This will be the forward pack:

8. Leota
10. Smith
11. Fifita
12. Martin
13. Yeo

15. Sorensen

They also have some other good young middles. Plus they will likely have an actual good 6 for the first time in four seasons. Crazy. They aren't going down the ladder any time soon.

We should put in an offer for him. No we don't want him but we should make sure whoever ends up with him has to pay full freight.
There are enough rorts already with so called salary caps we don't need another one.

We should put in an offer for him. No we don't want him but we should make sure whoever ends up with him has to pay full freight.
There are enough rorts already with so called salary caps we don't need another one.
Really hoping that they do this with TPJ too.

Until
So I am assuming Sorensen goes to the bench, Smith to start in the middle and Dave to second-row.

This will be the forward pack:

8. Leota
10. Smith
11. Fifita
12. Martin
13. Yeo

15. Sorensen

They also have some other good young middles. Plus they will likely have an actual good 6 for the first time in four seasons. Crazy. They aren't going down the ladder any time soon.
Yeah they've got stacks of juniors, good coach, good gameplan, best 7 in the business, they should locked into the top 4 for years.

No reason Brisbane can't do the same, good people involved now and the conveyor belt seems to be firing again.

Hahahaha what a soft prick there Turbo, absolutely ridiculous.

So all this talk of the team Penrith have lost in recent years and for enough but look at this one:

1. Gray
2. Isaako
3. Farnworth
4. Gagai
5. Coates
6. Dearden
7. Walker
8. Flegler
9. Hunt
10. Collins
11. Fifita
12. Su’A
13. Tino

14. Nikorima
15. Ofahengaue
16. Arrow
17. Wallace

18. Niu
19. Simpkin
20. Palasia
21. Boyd

So all this talk of the team Penrith have lost in recent years and for enough but look at this one:

1. Gray
2. Isaako
3. Farnworth
4. Gagai
5. Coates
6. Dearden
7. Walker
8. Flegler
9. Hunt
10. Collins
11. Fifita
12. Su’A
13. Tino

14. Nikorima
15. Ofahengaue
16. Arrow
17. Wallace

18. Niu
19. Simpkin
20. Palasia
21. Boyd

Are you sure you don't want to go with the Panthers trick of naming players we signed from outside to the club, then lost

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Morkel
  • Foordy
  • Broncosarethebest
  • whykickamoocow
  • maddo
  • Pablo
  • Xzei
  • Fatboy
  • Horseheadsup
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • blacknwhite
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.