2024 NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Brisbane Broncos
Signings:
Losses: Kurt Capewell (Warriors - Effective Immediate)
Re-Signings: Josiah Karapani (2024 - Promoted to NRL), Bailey Trew (2024 - Promoted to Development), Adam Reynolds (2025), Tyson Smoothy (2025), Ezra Mam (2029), Jordan Riki (2027), Brendan Piakura (2027), Payne Haas (2026)

Canberra Raiders
Signings: Zac Hoskings (2026 - Effective Immediate)
Losses: Harley Smith-Shields (Titans - Effective Immediate)
Re-Signings: Pasami Saulo (2026), Jamal Fogarty (2026), Hudson Young (2027)

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
Signings: Zane Tetevano (2024 - Effective Immediate), Connor Tracey (2026 - Effective Immediate), Josh Curran (2025 - Effective Immediate), Daniel Suluka-Fifita (2025 - Effective Immediate)
Losses: Zac Montgomery (Released - Effective Immediate), Raymond Faitala-Mariner (St George Illawarra Dragons - Effective Immediate), Bailey Biondi-Odo (Demoted From NRL Squad)
Re-Signings: Max King (2027), Sam Hughes (2026), Mitchell Woods (2027)

Cronulla Sharks
Signings: Addin Fonua-Blake (2028)
Losses: Connor Tracey (Canterbury-Bankstown - Effective Immediate), Matt Moylan (Leigh - Effective Immediate)
Re-Signings: Tupu Hau Tapuha (2025 - Promoted to NRL), Jesse Colquhoun (2026), Brade Hamlin-Uele (2026), Toby Rudolf (2026)

Dolphins
Signings: Junior Tupou (2027)
Losses:
Re-Signings: Max Plath (2026), Jamayne Isaako (2026)

Gold Coast Titans
Signings: Harley Smith-Shields (2025 - Effective Immediate)
Losses: Treymain Spry (Released - Effective Immediate)
Re-Signings:

Manly Sea Eagles
Signings: Nathan Brown (2024)
Losses: Zac Fulton (Bradford Bulls - Effective Immediate), Christian Tuipulotu (St George Illawarra - Effective Immediate)
Re-Signings: Ben Trbojevic (2027), Caleb Navale (2026), Haumole Olakau'atu (2031), Lachlan Croker (2026)

Melbourne Storm
Signings: Shawn Blore (2026 - Effective Immediate)
Losses: Justin Olam (Tigers - Effective Immediate)
Re-Signings: Sua Fa'alogo (2028 - Promoted to NRL), Dean Ieremia (2024), Grant Anderson (2024), Tepai Moeroa (2024), Eliesa Katoa (2027)

Newcastle Knights
Signings:
Losses:
Re-Signings: Fletcher Sharpe (2026 - Promoted to NRL), Laita Moceidreke (2024 - Promoted to Development), Bradman Best (2027)

North Queensland Cowboys
Signings: Tom Mikaele (2024 - Promoted to NRL)
Losses: Luciano Leilua (St George Illawarra - Effective Immediate)
Re-Signings: Tom Dearden (2029), Zac Laybutt (2025)

Parramatta Eels
Signings:
Losses: Ky Rodwell (Wakefield Trinity- Effective Immediate), Jirah Momoisea (Released - Effective Immediate)
Re-Signings: Blaize Talagi (2025 - Promoted to NRL)

Penrith Panthers
Signings:
Losses: Zac Hosking (Raiders - Effective Immediate), Jarome Luai (Wests Tigers)
Re-Signings: Izack Tago (2028)

South Sydney Rabbitohs
Signings:
Losses: Thomas Burgess (Huddersfield), Daniel Suluka-Fifita (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs - Effective Immediate)
Re-Signings: Jai Arrow (2027)

St George Illawarra Dragons
Signings: Luciano Leilua (2026 - Effective Immediate), Christian Tuipulotu (2025 - Effective Immediate), Raymond Faitala-Mariner (2025 - Effective Immediate), Jesse Marschke (2024)
Losses: Paul Turner (Featherstone - Effective Immediate), Talatau Amone (Released - Effective Immediate)
Re-Signings: Corey Allan (2025 - Demoted from NRL squad in 2024)

Sydney Roosters
Signings: Mark Nawaqanitawase (2025)
Losses: Jared Warea-Hargreaves (retirement), Joseph Suaalii (Rugby)
Re-Signings: Blake Steep (2024 - Promoted to NRL), Luke Keary (2025), Billy Smith (2027), Naufahu Whyte (2026), Sitili Tupouniua (2027), Nat Butcher (2027), Sandon Smith (2026), Siua Wong (2026), Connor Watson (2025),

Warriors
Signings: Kurt Capewell (2026 - Effective Immediate)
Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks), Ronald Volkman (Released - Effective Immediate), Josh Curran (Released - Effective Immediate)
Re-Signings: Luke Metcalf (2026), Freddy Lussick (2026), Tohu Harris (2025), Zyon Maiu'u (2026), Jacob Laban (2026), Dallin Watene-Zelezniak (2025)

Wests Tigers
Signings: Justin Olam (2026 - Effective Immediate), Solomona Faataape (2024 Development), Jarome Luai (2029), Solomon Alaimalo (2024)
Losses: Shawn Blore (Storm - Effective Immediate), Junior Tupou (Dolphins)
Re-Signings: Charlie Staines (2025)

Time for a new thread.

I think I got most of them. There's a few signings that go under the radar on NRL.com that I may have missed.

The big news this evening is that Sua Fa'alogo has re-signed till the end of 2028. He's also been promoted to the NRL squad. It seemed highly unusual that an NRL side had a player of Fa'alogo's ability off-contract on a development deal and nothing was being said.

Now we know why.

Time for a new thread.

I think I got most of them. There's a few signings that go under the radar on NRL.com that I may have missed.

The big news this evening is that Sua Fa'alogo has re-signed till the end of 2028. He's also been promoted to the NRL squad. It seemed highly unusual that an NRL side had a player of Fa'alogo's ability off-contract on a development deal and nothing was being said.

Now we know why.

Really don’t see how he and Paps fit in the same side. I just have a suspicion Paps will be chased by the soon to be No Name Brand Chickens.

Really don’t see how he and Paps fit in the same side. I just have a suspicion Paps will be chased by the soon to be No Name Brand Chickens.

13 of his 27 Cup games over the last two years have been on the wing. His outstanding try against Norths last year was on the wing and 11 of his 18 Cup tries on the wing.

13 of his 27 Cup games over the last two years have been on the wing. His outstanding try against Norths last year was on the wing and 11 of his 18 Cup tries on the wing.

I can see that he could be Turuva like on the wing but surely you are wasting his talent there. And then the question becomes, who are you pushing to centre - Warbrick or Coates? Coates makes the most sense but you'd have to be super worried about his lateral defense. Plus for a guy his size, he really is a powderpuff, he makes negative metres sometimes.

he really is a powderpuff, he makes negative metres sometimes.

Used to .
And I was his biggest critic . He has strengthened his core and no longer gets pushed backwards .He was damn good last season .
Still can`t catch bombs , but has a nice tap back to go with his leap .

Xavier Coates has been awarded his first Cameron Smith Player of the Year Award on Tuesday at Melbourne Storm's presentation night, presented by RedZed, after a stellar 2023 season.

It's a good question.

I wouldn't be shocked if Bellamy goes the Papenhuyzen/Hynes route and plays him off the bench in that emergency sub role. The issue with that is that Bellamy often struggled to bring them onto the field, sometimes only giving them 1-2 minutes, if at all.

Otherwise I can see them going the Addo-Carr route and putting him on the wing if his form warrants it.

Either way, I don't expect they'll rush it. I can see him starting the year in QCup before they eventually bring him through off the bench.

I'll be curious to see what happens if either Coates or Warbrick spend any time on the sideline for whatever reason. If it's only short term, it would not shock me at all if Craig goes the conservative option and either shifts Meaney to the wing, or opts for Anderson/Ieremia. Bellamy seems very particular about when he bloods a player.

It's a good question.

I wouldn't be shocked if Bellamy goes the Papenhuyzen/Hynes route and plays him off the bench in that emergency sub role. The issue with that is that Bellamy often struggled to bring them onto the field, sometimes only giving them 1-2 minutes, if at all.

Otherwise I can see them going the Addo-Carr route and putting him on the wing if his form warrants it.

Either way, I don't expect they'll rush it. I can see him starting the year in QCup before they eventually bring him through off the bench.

I'll be curious to see what happens if either Coates or Warbrick spend any time on the sideline for whatever reason. If it's only short term, it would not shock me at all if Craig goes the conservative option and either shifts Meaney to the wing, or opts for Anderson/Ieremia. Bellamy seems very particular about when he bloods a player.

I wonder if Bellamy might consider this at some point:

1. Paps
2. Warbrick
3. Coates
4. Smith
5. Faalogo

I wonder if Bellamy might consider this at some point:

1. Paps
2. Warbrick
3. Coates
4. Smith
5. Faalogo
That would certainly be the direction I'd lean in and I'm surprised that Coates hasn't looked to make that transition.

At this stage, it just appears that Bellamy is waiting to see where everything lands. Does Papenhuyzen have a future at this level? Is Fa'alogo's form too good to ignore? Will I get lucky with injuries?

We would have had a better idea if Fa'alogo was fit, but I'd imagine the injury has spooked Bellamy and he'll rest him, especially up against the defending premiers Round 1.

Daniel Suluka-Fifita released from Souths and likely to sign with the Dogs.

That is a good move for them, they need props and if he can put his injuries behind him, he is definitely an improvement on their current (read like none) forwards.

Daniel Suluka-Fifita released from Souths and likely to sign with the Dogs.

That is a good move for them, they need props and if he can put his injuries behind him, he is definitely an improvement on their current (read like none) forwards.
Seems like an odd move to me. I don't believe he's slated back until mid-season so they're essentially placing him on lay-buy for 2025. Surely they could find somebody more credible between now and then?

Interesting to note that Bailey Biondi-Odo has copped the shaft again after being demoted the year before.
----------------------------------------------------------
Zac Fulton is set to be released by the Sea Eagles to take up a gig in the ESL.

That will open up 3 spots in the Sea Eagles' NRL squad.

Seems like an odd move to me. I don't believe he's slated back until mid-season so they're essentially placing him on lay-buy for 2025. Surely they could find somebody more credible between now and then?

Interesting to note that Bailey Biondi-Odo has copped the shaft again after being demoted the year before.
----------------------------------------------------------
Zac Fulton is set to be released by the Sea Eagles to take up a gig in the ESL.

That will open up 3 spots in the Sea Eagles' NRL squad.

Well the Dogs buy everyone and at least he's a prop and goodness me they need some of those.

Well the Dogs buy everyone and at least he's a prop and goodness me they need some of those.
You're not wrong, but I just find the timing of it odd. Apparently they were interested in Suluka-Fifita during the pre-season, realised he had an injury and reportedly moved on. It sounds like the second half of that story isn't true and maybe they roped themselves into signing him even though 2024 is effectively a wash.

Got to feel for Biondi-Odo as well who took one for the team last year and was demoted from the NRL squad. The agreement was that the Bulldogs would honour his final year and promote him, only to pull the rug out again.

I still think the Bulldogs are on the up and up, but it really is a bumpy ride.

You're not wrong, but I just find the timing of it odd. Apparently they were interested in Suluka-Fifita during the pre-season, realised he had an injury and reportedly moved on. It sounds like the second half of that story isn't true and maybe they roped themselves into signing him even though 2024 is effectively a wash.

Got to feel for Biondi-Odo as well who took one for the team last year and was demoted from the NRL squad. The agreement was that the Bulldogs would honour his final year and promote him, only to pull the rug out again.

I still think the Bulldogs are on the up and up, but it really is a bumpy ride.
They still have alot of pain to come. Their juniors look promising but the quick fix stuff needs to stop. Playing Taafe this weekend at fullback is going to backfire on Ciraldo big time. Everyone can see either Wilson or Papali would be a way better fit to their side but he has to justify his signing somehow.

They still have alot of pain to come. Their juniors look promising but the quick fix stuff needs to stop. Playing Taafe this weekend at fullback is going to backfire on Ciraldo big time. Everyone can see either Wilson or Papali would be a way better fit to their side but he has to justify his signing somehow.
I would have had Stephen Crichton over Blake Wilson. What have you seen to suggest Blake is a gun fullback out of curiosity?

Papalii has potential, but I think they're just getting their ducks in a row before they throw him in. Notice how few debutants there are this weekend? Coaches are always very deliberate with their young up and comers - it's rare that you get a Karmichael Hunt where they get thrown into the deep end from the opening round.

I would have had Stephen Crichton over Blake Wilson. What have you seen to suggest Blake is a gun fullback out of curiosity?

Papalii has potential, but I think they're just getting their ducks in a row before they throw him in. Notice how few debutants there are this weekend? Coaches are always very deliberate with their young up and comers - it's rare that you get a Karmichael Hunt where they get thrown into the deep end from the opening round.
Wilson played in the juniors at fullback and has some real speed to burn. Regardless, Taafe isn't a fullback that the dogs need. The dude has literally coasted his whole career off that souths run to the grand final when he was at fullback but even then that was more about the other players in the team performing well not him. His job was basically not to made major mistakes. He is a utility at best

Active Now

• levikaden
  • Foordy
  • Fitzy
  • davidp
  • Strop
  • kat00
  • broncs30
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Old Mate
  • Manofoneway
  • Broncosgirl
  • Volvo Driver
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Battler
  • ostin86
  • NSW stables
  • Broncos Maestro
  • phoenix
  • Dash
... and 42 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.