2024 pre-season discussion: Pre-season Premiers

Pretty funny how the narrative changes.

At the time, it was all about Kev looking after his mates.

The attack from further out is a Briers plan .
Get to the 10 and the defence is much harder to penetrate . At 30 -40 the full back is not in the line and on 4 th/ 5 th the wingers drop back on the edges .
7 on 5 if the attacking FB joins in . Just need the speed and back up to get to the line from there . Which seems well drilled as well .

It’s literally months out from the first game I’d be concerned if Oates wasn’t getting a run in the starting side of he was in contention.

This is awesome. Tom Brady is a walking record book. Absolutely my favourite NFL player of all time.

He's won more Superbowls then any franchise. That alone is a nuts stat. He's won 7 superbowls, and Patriots and Steelers 6 each.

Arguably the GOAT of GOAT's.

He also kisses boys on the lips. Weirdo.

Hetherington ahead of Willison for the vacant prop spot?

I don't like the sound of that.

I like it better than Taupau.

My main issue is Jaiden Hunt being on the bench. Surely Hetherington or Willison play second row at a pinch.

I think it's more of a comment on the likely composition of the bench, rather than literal prop. Kobe was a fixture on the bench last season.

That's the big thing for him, his huge lack of inexperience in the position. Four NRL games in 2021 and before those seven games for the Falcons Meninga in 2019- throw in a PM's game too in the centres.

It's not a lot in a key defensive position. You're right his defence was a a bit better in those four games than I thought it was going to be but the problem is going to be fatigue as the season goes on and decision making.

Roosters, he goes to third marker and then gets called out, moves back to the line but Tedesco is onto it where he should have been.

Walker runs at his inside shoulder Cobbo was confused and tried to double defend but Walker just goes straight through giving up his inside shoulder.

Warriors- Facing in instead of square. It's no try but he got beaten badly.

Sharks- Comes up too far- Sharks no try but they went though on his watch. This was his best defensive game in the centres.

Newcastle- If he misses the intercept, they have three knights against one Bronco outside him.

Best beats him and then steps back inside and beats him again, Cobbo didn't keep coming and close the gap inside. Just stopped.
Not being a smartarse, but I see a "huge lack of inexperience" as a really good thing

OK, I am being a smartarse but it was fun :happy:

If we are relying on Hethero as a prop, we have issues. Williwon and Baker both bigger bodies, different shape to Haas and Carrigan, exactly what we need.

Tapow is a great service, but his duty is leadership to show these young pups to turn up every week.
Jensen also another great servicable guy but nothing flashy.

Jensen is a great starter though. I always thought Jensen starting with Flegler coming on should have been how the team worked last year to have someone more explosive come on after the first 20. So hopefully they give him that spot again and then Hethrington can give Piakura a spell and Willison/Baker can be that impact we at times lacked when Flegler/Haas/Carrigan went off last year.

Hetherington starting and snapping blokes with Willison coming on to step up the pace actually sounds like a smart plan. Let's not forget too that X-man is both inexperienced and injury prone, it is wise to not put all the eggs in that basket even though his potential is scary.

Mariner will be in the team round 1, I am sure of that BUT I also like that no one other than the big guys have positions sewn up. Competition for spots is important.

Hetherington starting and snapping blokes with Willison coming on to step up the pace actually sounds like a smart plan. Let's not forget too that X-man is both inexperienced and injury prone, it is wise to not put all the eggs in that basket even though his potential is scary.

Mariner will be in the team round 1, I am sure of that BUT I also like that no one other than the big guys have positions sewn up. Competition for spots is important.

I don't know if I'm as confident as you about Mariner starting round 1. Think they might give Oates first crack.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Santa
  • Allo
  • Mister Wright
  • The Don
  • NSW stables
  • pennywisealfie
  • BroncosAlways
  • Hurrijo
  • Rowdy124
  • Maroon4life
  • Galah
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.