2024 pre-season discussion: Pre-season Premiers

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I agree with the sentiment but with Aquaman, I don't think this is a kid who needs more cooking in second grade, he looks absolutely ready to me. You don't want to let him start getting frustrated at lack of opportunity.

At the same time, I am of course backing the coaches in, they've earned our support after last season.
He'll be the first man up for any injury, HIA's or suspensions that occur in the outside backs.

And we saw last year that Jesse forced his way into the starting 13 based on being in that position 12 months ago.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Side note, I have a soft spot for Hoeter. I know he’s in his twilight years and surrounded by young bucks, but if they struggle with burn out in a long season, there’s worse things than him getting an extended run at centre. Reminds me of kotoni in that he’s compact, powerful and just love the way he moves. Very underrated depth squad man
We also have Jordan Pereira on our books. He was good for 15 tries in the QCup last season.

leon.bott

leon.bott

NYC Player
Nov 16, 2017
We also have Jordan Pereira on our books. He was good for 15 tries in the QCup last season.
I like Jordan, tackle breaking machine and similar in mould to the Panthers prototype winger. Has seemed a bit error prone in first grade appearance though.

Just more so advocating Hoeter as I feel the centre position will be a bit more taxing as the season drags on for Cobbo or Mariner week in week out. He'd be handy to give them a breather through the season being the seasoned journeyman he is. Early pre-season i was keen on Arthurs for the vacant centre position due to the above, but he offers that same reliability at wing too.

Was kinda hoping we'd snag Euan Aitkin after releasing capewell due to his centre/backrow versatility and seemingly surplus at the Dolphins, but happy the clubs backing the in house talent.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
There was that time Jack assaulted 5 people in 3 separate incidents in one night.

"The Raiders fullback pleaded guilty to two counts of assault occasioning bodily harm, three counts of common assault, and one charge of public urination. He was then given a two-month suspended jail sentence, a 12-month good behaviour bond and fined $3,500."

NRL banned him for 10 matches and $30 000.

OK !
Well there goes that excuse . I didn`t know about that .

I thought this was amusing though .
Wighton stumbled out of the now closed Academy nightclub in Canberra at 2.45am on the morning of February 3.
With urine patches on his pants .

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
I agree with the sentiment but with Aquaman, I don't think this is a kid who needs more cooking in second grade, he looks absolutely ready to me. You don't want to let him start getting frustrated at lack of opportunity.

At the same time, I am of course backing the coaches in, they've earned our support after last season.
Outside backs get the most injuries .
He will get his chance .

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
Unless TPJ has been putting on an act for the last few years, I don't want him to come in and mess up the culture we have built. I assume Kevvie will make the right choice.

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
Going out on a limb. IF, big IF TPJ signs - DD, Kevolution and Ballard will have to keep him on a tight rope. Honestly at 27yr's of age - hes at a turning point in his life where he matures and takes opportunity or totally ***** it. For a low salary, strict conditions - what is the harm? Hes got max 5 yr's left of opportunity in the NRL.

If his behaviour is toxic, back to reggies. Year by year contract. He has the talent, but he hasn't had the discipline. If it happens and works its a master stroke. Worst case, its an extra man in the cap to bring up from reggies when needed. All will be on him to prove himself to fit back in and come up to the level that is expected.

Being around Carrigan, Reynolds, Haas, Taupau and Riki would only make him hungry if he is actually serious. There's a wealth of professionalism between those guys (yes ignore Haas previous issues). Its all on the table for him should he choose really. I don't think the team is that delicate that his presence will derail the squad - and really you have to think, that a GF team has a settled, strict and balanced system. It would be clear quickly if hes not fitting in or buying in.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • john1420
  • broncos4life
  • Waynesaurus
  • Allo
  • Morkel
  • mitch222
  • Bucking Beads
  • azza.79
  • Gaz
  • bb_gun
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.