Q-CUP 2024 Queensland Cup Discussion

So what’s different to the old platform? Does this have commentary?

So what’s different to the old platform? Does this have commentary?
It's a new streaming service. The original providers, Clutch TV, went out of business so the QRL scrambled together to launch this new website.

I doubt there will be commentary and it'll be interesting to see what the quality is like.

If you subscribe now, you can save 20% off an annual subscription. Not bad value right there, but again, it remains to be seen what the quality will be like.

It's a new streaming service. The original providers, Clutch TV, went out of business so the QRL scrambled together to launch this new website.

I doubt there will be commentary and it'll be interesting to see what the quality is like.

If you subscribe now, you can save 20% off an annual subscription. Not bad value right there, but again, it remains to be seen what the quality will be like.

So the follow up question there is, was it $40 last year for the season? So have they raised the price to essentially offer the same thing?

And then another follow up, did you purchase it last year?

So the follow up question there is, was it $40 last year for the season? So have they raised the price to essentially offer the same thing?

And then another follow up, did you purchase it last year?
The annual subscription is the same price as before - $50. I don't believe they offered a discount and while I can't recall the other packages, I believe they were around the same price, if not more expensive than what's currently being offered.

And no, I only took advantage of their free content. I had planned on subscribing during the off-season when I could give the competition the proper attention but when I went to subscribe, I realised the link was dead.

I learned a lesson and I'm going to subscribe this season. Qplus is offering a free trial and with so many young Broncos in action, this weekend shapes as a golden opportunity to see for yourself.

Only Grand Final has commentary. Pretty hard to commentate 400 games across the state.

Yeah of course but surely you could pay someone to commentate while watching it on the live stream at least?

I'd do it for them for a bottle of whiskey a week.

Yeah of course but surely you could pay someone to commentate while watching it on the live stream at least?

I'd do it for them for a bottle of whiskey a week.

I don't think you could find that many knowledgeable people- just this weekend with Meninga, Cyril, U17, U19 and 12 games you'd need 24 people to commentate games.

It's not just 24 people but 24 knowledgeable people.

I don't think it would add to the coverage anyway. I like no commentary when I watch it.

I don't think you could find that many knowledgeable people- just this weekend with Meninga, Cyril, U17, U19 and 12 games you'd need 24 people to commentate games.

It's not just 24 people but 24 knowledgeable people.

I don't think it would add to the coverage anyway. I like no commentary when I watch it.

I take your point but for all the lower levels, no commentary is fine but surely for your top brand - Q Cup - you can at least provide commentary for those games each week.

You may not like commentary and when it comes to the NRL neither do I but I do like the Q Cup guys on Kayo / Fox for example, so surely you could get Psaltis and Sattler to commentate most if not all. I'm sure you wouldn't even need to pay them that much. Or just get some work experience kid to do it. Just provide something is what I am saying.

Bryce and Inness will want Black back this week against Dolphins. If Bears can't improve their kicking game the Dolphins are going to have too much ball.

The country’s two premier state rugby league bodies have officially waged war on the Australian Rugby League Commission, launching joint litigation in relation to unresolved funding issues.
Tensions between the groups have been growing over the past 12 months and have led to a stunning attack on the game’s highest powers.

A statement from Queensland Rugby League alleged issues with funding that the ARLC is required to provide stem as far back as 2022.

“Queensland Rugby League (QRL) and the New South Wales Rugby League (NSWRL) have commenced joint litigation today against the Australian Rugby League Commission (ARLC) in an attempt to resolve funding issues for the 2023 financial year,” the statement read.

“The ARLC is constitutionally required to provide annual funding to the state leagues to deliver community rugby league, support statewide competitions and clubs, and run the men’s and women’s State of Origin programs, a framework that was introduced when the ARLC was established in 2012.”

“The QRL Board said the decision to commence joint litigation against the ARLC is regrettable.

“However, the ARLC was required to provide State League annual funding approval (for the 2023 financial year) by 30 September 2022 but now, in February 2024, the matter is still unresolved, leaving the state leagues with no alternative but to take action for the benefit of the stakeholders they represent.

“The state leagues remain willing to participate in joint mediation. As the matter is before the courts, the QRL will make no further comment.”

Isn’t this where the amazing Vlandal walks in and says he can resolve this in an hour or something because of reasons?

Burleigh Bears 2024 gains and losses​

Gains​

Bailey Butler (Central Queensland Capras), Shannon Gardiner (South Sydney Rabbitohs), Charlie Murray (Brisbane Tigers), Ethan O’Neill (South Sydney Rabbitohs), Tyler Szepanowski (Central Queensland Capras), Mitch Watson (Western Clydesdales)

Losses​

Dylan Kelly (retired), Toby McIntosh (Grafton), Emry Pere (Western Clydesdales), Jayden Sharp (Townsville Blackhawks), Vaka Sikahele (Tweed Seagulls), Tom Steadman (Tweed Seagulls)

Seth Gudry- Bears Cyril fullback.

226m
3 line breaks.
16 tackle breaks

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.