Q-CUP 2024 Queensland Cup Discussion

I noticed the Souths Mal Meninga Cup side got blown away in the 2nd half on Saturday too. Are they just not as fit this season as well?

Souths Meninga has been up and down all year. Could be something systematic because they are like the Cup side.

Souths Meninga has been up and down all year. Could be something systematic because they are like the Cup side.
I was down watching the game on Saturday and thought they had a solid first half but in the second half the Burleigh forwards just smashed them.

I was down watching the game on Saturday and thought they had a solid first half but in the second half the Burleigh forwards just smashed them.

Mind you I don't find Bears too consistent either, Tonihi is just a try scoring machine I like watching him play.

10 tries in 8 games.

He should get three this week v Bulls and Black kick 8/8.

Mind you I don't find Bears too consistent either, Tonihi is just a try scoring machine I like watching him play.

10 tries in 8 games.

He should get three this week v Bulls and Black kick 8/8.
I thought Coby was probably not at his best on the weekend. Souths really targeted him with lots of traffic I thought. His goal kicking was superb though.

I thought Coby was probably not at his best on the weekend. Souths really targeted him with lots of traffic I thought. His goal kicking was superb though.

Agree, I don't think he's been great at all this season, had some moments. Really good pass against Ipswich last week but on the whole just potted around the field and kicked goals.

Hopefully finals can change his performance a bit. Based on his Meninga form I don't think you could move him to Cup.

He made ground, he scored a try but he was fatigued and slow, missed a really bad tackle that won't show up, he didn't even get a hand on him running away to score.
Took a look on qrl, 143m from 9 runs, 7 tackle breaks, 2 line breaks, 1 try, 27 tackles - 0 missed, sounds like he had a day out?

Took a look on qrl, 143m from 9 runs, 7 tackle breaks, 2 line breaks, 1 try, 27 tackles - 0 missed, sounds like he had a day out?

Like I said, he made ground; he’s always going to do that. But he was fatigued and Hunt hasn’t found a balance to using him.

The 0 missed tackles isn’t right, he didn’t get a hand on Geyer.

Souths haven't had the best season soo far but it doesn't help when their best Affiliated Broncos players are not available for them.

They should be full strength this week though with Sailor not in the 17.

Souths haven't had the best season soo far but it doesn't help when their best Affiliated Broncos players are not available for them.

They should be full strength this week though with Sailor not in the 17.

I'd say Sailor runs for 197m and Souths lose by 24.

Good match ups this weekend.

Hansen v Mozer, Cowboys young hooker v Broncos young hooker.
Shibasaki v Te Kura- Shibasaki plays on the left but I hope they come up against each other.

Tweed today going for the perfect Meninga season. Their spine has so much potential.

Lateo, Williams, Harrison, Pearse are exceptional young talents.

Harrison would be the player of the year in Meninga so far.

Bailey McConnell two tries first six minutes. He's been the Bears best all year.

Black 2/2.

Black 5/5 after 14.

Not sure he's even touched the ball yet in general play.

Bears 30-0

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Organix
  • Jedhead
  • Midean
  • LGH
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.