Adam Blair

Keep, as long as he doesn't demand too much coin.

If Bird plays lock next year, what will our go forward look like if Blair is a starter too?

If Haas can make the bench and we sign Lodge and Fai. That's the only case scenario where I would let Blair leave.

Blair just seemed to have bought into the broncos culture since joining. Would hate to see him leave.

Yea Blair would be better used at Lock. He has a huge motor and he isn't a meter eater like a prop should be.

Agree that Blair isn't being used to his full potential. He's being used as starting prop out if necessity at this point.

I'm not sure if Bird is going to be our best bet at lock, personally would rather see him at centre with good service to do his thing, could tear it up.

Hypothetically, though, going with Chris Gary's hunch:

8. Lodge
9. Macca
10. McGuire
11. Oates
12. Gillett
13. Bird

14. Glenn
15. TPJ
16. Thaiday/Ofahengaue
17. Blair

Would be more dynamic than our current set up.

Last edited:
Hmmm.
If we re-sign him we will be labelled salary cap cheats..But then on the other hand if we let him go and sign someone cheaper and not as good we will be labelled salary cap cheats..It's a tough one but I like Blair, I say hang onto him.
Who cares what NSW thinks!
We need a couple of props who can hit in defence and eat up the metres. Good luck with finding them. This will allow us to play Blair and McGuire at lock and second row. They are 80 minute players as well. Saying this, I am gobsmacked why we let Jarrod Wallace go ffs.

Who cares what NSW thinks!
We need a couple of props who can hit in defence and eat up the metres. Good luck with finding them. This will allow us to play Blair and McGuire at lock and second row. They are 80 minute players as well. Saying this, I am gobsmacked why we let Jarrod Wallace go ffs.

Pretty sure we didn't let JWall go at all

He was off contract and we couldn't match the Tits offer

Someone correct me if I am wrong?

Pretty sure we didn't let JWall go at all

He was off contract and we couldn't match the Tits offer

Someone correct me if I am wrong?

I think what he means is we should have made keeping him a priority. Thaiday has stayed a year too long and Wallace has gone on to star in State of Origin.

**** Lodge. Blairs better than him. Stop looking so far into QLD cup games. Blair would rip the QLD cup to shreds if he played in it. Its not hard.

Blair is the alpha male of our pack, he isn't going anywhere.

I think what he means is we should have made keeping him a priority. Thaiday has stayed a year too long and Wallace has gone on to star in State of Origin.

While many of us really honestly thought Wallace was on track to become something pretty good, there were many even on here who felt he was a plodder or just average. Unfortunately, the Broncos made a judgment call on that one and given Thaiday's service and status at the time, you can understand why they went the way they did.

Unfortunately though, losing Wallace is symptomatic of a larger issue at the club and that is our talent identification and retention staff. For whatever reason, in the last 15-20 years, we have made some shocking decisions that have resulted in the majority of Qld's cream of the crop ending up having stellar careers elsewhere.

How did our club miss ALL of these players:

Milford, Folau, Chambers, Munster, Holmes, Thurston, Cronk, Napa, Smith, Hannant, Papalii, etc

Now I am aware it is impossible to get all these players early and we have had some success with players like Gillett, McGuire, Oates, etc but Gillett was more luck than anything as he was a latish bloomer.

But throw in the fact that JT was in our own backyard (Clydesdales for goodness sake), Munster and Widdop were Broncos fans and we simply let Taylor walk, you can see why many of us supporters are frustrated.

I reckon we need a seasoned forward out there, too many juniors with Offa, Lodge, Haas and Fai... Needs an old warhorse.
Blair needs to stay

This is one of the problems the Knights have.

It's all well and good to use your youngsters in the side, but you still need experience and leadership out there. The youngsters cannot provide that.

Blair does a lot off the ball that these players simply cannot provide, and losing Blair will have a bigger impact than what people think.

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • bert_lifts
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Santa
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.