PLAYER Adam Reynolds

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
What was Kevvie doing in 2021?

Why did we have to wait until Reynolds came for some basics to be drilled into the team?

What if Alfie didn’t convince Kevvie to sign Reyno? Where would we be?
I think he was literally doing everything... even had to organise his own presser when he was first signed.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
What was Kevvie doing in 2021?

Why did we have to wait until Reynolds came for some basics to be drilled into the team?

What if Alfie didn’t convince Kevvie to sign Reyno? Where would we be?
In 2021 Kevvie was too busy trying to sort the roster out with DD. We had too many dickheads who thought they knew best.
If we never got Reyno I think the re-build would have taken much longer.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
So if Jock continues going like he has in all his games so far this season, and it’s still a big if, what do we do for 2025? Madden is looking ready.

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
So if Jock continues going like he has in all his games so far this season, and it’s still a big if, what do we do for 2025? Madden is looking ready.
not alot different than now you communicate with him what the plan is and that he will be the 7 going forward post reynolds and look for an extension to show good faith from both sides.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008

Play Reynolds, and let Madden focus on learning to kick better?

Honestly. Madden played ok and did his job. That's it.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Depends if we win it or not. Reynolds would be made not to go out on top if he leads us to the title.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Jock Madden doesn't have to do a whole lot differently to be our long-term halfback after Reynolds.

It's unfair to compare him to Adam Reynolds, we're not getting another Adam Reynolds, it's not happening.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
We are a powerhouse again, we need to stop worrying about losing out players to better offers - there are none better than being with the Broncos.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Well that little bit of news says it all about our previous coach does it not? How can a forward pack not know basic setups? What was Pies drilling into them ffs? Load music and dance moves it seems FMD!

At the time who was the Broncos halves the year before Reynolds, Kelly, Dearden, Milford and Croft?

All of those options are struggling to just play well and stay in the team, and they might not even understand it too much at the time let alone explaining the why of things to front rowers.

Reynolds was able to explain to his front rowers why you're doing things- why I want you to hit the third man in, how it manipulates defenders and moves them where we want so it sets up two sides of the field and we can work to a short side and have two points of attack.

The Broncos forwards didn't understand the why of doing something and Reynolds can articulate that to them like only an experienced half can.

Some front rowers might not care too much, just tell me what to do I don't care why- but Reynolds is very big on knowing why we are doing something because then you can know what is coming next before it happens.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
At the time who was the Broncos halves the year before Reynolds, Kelly, Dearden, Milford and Croft?

All of those options are struggling to just play well and stay in the team, and they might not even understand it too much at the time let alone explaining the why of things to front rowers.

Reynolds was able to explain to his front rowers why you're doing things- why I want you to hit the third man in, how it manipulates defenders and moves them where we want so it sets up two sides of the field and we can work to a short side and have two points of attack.

The Broncos forwards didn't understand the why of doing something and Reynolds can articulate that to them like only an experienced half can.

Some front rowers might not care too much, just tell me what to do I don't care why- but Reynolds is very big on knowing why we are doing something because then you can know what is coming next before it happens.
So Milford and Croft learned nothing from Bennett and Bellyache, arguably the best two coaches of the modern era?

I find that pretty hard to swallow matey.😂

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
So Milford and Croft learned nothing from Bennett and Bellyache, arguably the best two coaches of the modern era?

I find that pretty hard to swallow matey.😂

Lots of halves- young ones mainly rely on skill and instincts not understanding the game.

Do you think Thurston could better understand manipulation of a defence at the Bulldogs or Cowboys in 2015?

I bet if you could stop mid game and ask a young half why did you turn that player under? A lot would say not too sure.

Then it's another layer again to be able to explain it to someone so they better understand- that takes, knowledge, experience and leadership. The Broncos cup wasn't exactly full of that.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Galah
  • winslow_wong
  • broncs30
  • Bish
  • Swordfish
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.