AUS FOOTBALL AFL 2024

Inability to kick, inability to catch. Having us favourites for the premiership is a joke. This team does not have the mentality to win and wilt under pressure. Despite being in the GF at some point the pressure has to come on Fagan.

Turn it up. We lost a key player early, that's going to screw any team, especially on the back of two others in the same position already being out. Its round 1, we'll be fine.

I got to say, this team has been built well but at some point….fagen can’t hide. He’s done a fabulous job, is it time?

Definitely not, let's see how the season goes before calling for his head.

Great game though, we'll be there at the point end of the season again. Losing Kiddy early and still have McKenna, WAshcroft and Doedee to come. We're primed.
It’s just one of those games where the 4 points should be banked. This happens too much to us.

It’s just one of those games where the 4 points should be banked. This happens too much to us.

It will take time to implement our new gameplan and have it stick but you saw what it can do in the first quarter.

Turn it up. We lost a key player early, that's going to screw any team, especially on the back of two others in the same position already being out. Its round 1, we'll be fine.
Key injury or not I can’t think of many teams that lose after being that far ahead. There is something missing with this and its mentality and it happened in the GF and many time over the last few years. Love Fagan and appreciate everything he has done but I don’t think he can take them to that final level.

It will take time to implement our new gameplan and have it stick but you saw what it can do in the first quarter.
Just need one of our forwards to clutch a goal kick. Every time we have these yips in front of goal, teams just move the ball Coast to coast and put so much pressure on our defence.

What improvements did you see in the first quarter that’s been different from previous seasons?

Just need one of our forwards to clutch a goal kick. Every time we have these yips in front of goal, teams just move the ball Coast to coast and put so much pressure on our defence.

What improvements did you see in the first quarter that’s been different from previous seasons?

Moving the ball on quickly and rebounding so fast from the back 50, haven't seen the Lions do that before, we are normally a pretty slow team comparatively.

Key injury or not I can’t think of many teams that lose after being that far ahead. There is something missing with this and its mentality and it happened in the GF and many time over the last few years. Love Fagan and appreciate everything he has done but I don’t think he can take them to that final level.

Well the very team we played tonight did the very same thing in the prelim last year at the very same ground.

Wow...Payne literally had negative metres gained...I've never seen that before.

If you are a super bright prospect, don’t get drafted by the Lions. I recent years all of Coleman, WAshcroft, Hipwood and Rayner have done ACLs

If you are a super bright prospect, don’t get drafted by the Lions. I recent years all of Coleman, WAshcroft, Hipwood and Rayner have done ACLs
Our medical staff is supposed to be elite. Can’t prevent the ACLs but boy can we reconstruct them.

Lions looking shaky again after a strong start.

We look SO bad this year. Might be a long season but maybe a bit of a reset is needed.

We look SO bad this year. Might be a long season but maybe a bit of a reset is needed.
I’ve never seen a “top” team have as many goal less quarters as the lions do. Once the pressure is on they get absolutely destroyed. All we can do is bomb it long to the opposition

I’ve never seen a “top” team have as many goal less quarters as the lions do. Once the pressure is on they get absolutely destroyed. All we can do is bomb it long to the opposition

We have two actual mids in Neale in WAshcroft compared to most teams having 4-8. This puts us at a disadvantage constantly but with both of them out, we can't match anyone. Then, we've also lost the guy who organises us from the back in Coleman. We are in trouble this season badly.

We also have some real passengers that keep getting found out and are getting more exposed this year because even the regular performers are struggling.

When was the last time:

Lyons
Rayner
Berry
Gardiner
Ah Chee
Robertson
McInerney
Cameron

Had a good game, let alone a great one?

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • kiwibronco
  • Manofoneway
  • teampjta
  • LGH
  • phoenix
  • Dash
  • Morkel
  • Waynesaurus
  • Battler
  • Johnny92
  • Old Mate
  • jd87
  • simplythebest
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Fozz
  • Allo
  • Jazza
  • eggstar10
... and 29 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.