CRICKET Australia v India

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
That win means we lock in a spot in the Test Championship I think.

Yes, all secured now.

You take out the efforts from Axar Patel and we're probably in a situation where we can win the series, their top order has been terrible at times.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Yes, all secured now.

You take out the efforts from Axar Patel and we're probably in a situation where we can win the series, their top order has been terrible at times.

Yep Axar, their bowler, has been the key difference...as a batsman, kinds of shows how weird a series this has been. And honestly, while he has always been serviceable, who would have thought Kuhnemann would turn into a genuine gun on Indian pitches?

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Shame we didn't pick Head for game 1 and have a warmup game or two

Yes, you get the sense that had this series been given more time to breathe, India were there to for the taking, oh well.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Selectors panicked at the "left handers" pitch for the first test and that cost us.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I tell you what, Spencer Johnson looks nigh on unplayable at the moment, if he keeps this up, I can really see him rocketing to international status very quickly. After all, he isn't a young young guy either.

Fernando

Fernando

NRL Captain
Jun 6, 2015
I tell you what, Spencer Johnson looks nigh on unplayable at the moment, if he keeps this up, I can really see him rocketing to international status very quickly. After all, he isn't a young young guy either.
3 innings and he's got 6 and 7 wicket hauls...pretty exciting

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Nice win that... who would've thought it would be the Indians unable to play an overcooked deck.

Pitch will be rated poor by the BCCI and the venue will never be used again.
The curator
Ralph Wiggum Danger GIF

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
Post-Ashes will be a real time of change for Australia I reckon. Suddenly the spin stocks look pretty good with Murphy, Kuhnemann, Sangha and Rocciocoli? coming through. There is also Manenti as a genuine spin all rounder. So life post-Lyon doesn't look too scary. I wonder if Johnson might bolt in to replace Starc when he calls it a day but the issue there is the lack of batting with Johnson and that has been a massive benefit to Australia over the years from Starc. Hopefully Richardson finally gets over his injuries because his batting really negates that problem.

Post-Ashes and assuming Warner, Khawaja, Lyon and Starc call it a day maybe Smith too, I would genuinely be looking at something like:

1. Head
2. Renshaw/Pucovski
3. Labushagne
4. Smith/Handscomb
5. Green
6. Hardie
7. Carey
8. Richardson
9. Cummins
10. Hazlewood/Johnson
11. Murphy/Kuhnemann

Bro you gotta give up on Pucovski. He’ll never make it back long term, despite his latest return attempt. He might back in for a series until he gets knocked out again

11 concussions.

One more and it’ll be another season gone at least, possibly his career.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Bro you gotta give up on Pucovski. He’ll never make it back long term, despite his latest return attempt. He might back in for a series until he gets knocked out again

11 concussions.

One more and it’ll be another season gone at least, possibly his career.

Yeah I know, it’s the same with Richardson too but they are both so good I just want to believe.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but this most recent test pitch has been officially rated poor by the ICC.

not sure why it's the only pitch to receive this rating as every match has finished inside 3 days.

Match Referee Chris Broad said in his report:

“The pitch, which was very dry, did not provide a balance between bat and ball, favouring spinners from the start,” Broad said in his report.

“The fifth ball of the match broke through the pitch surface and continued to occasionally break the surface providing little or no seam movement and there was excessive and uneven bounce throughout the match.”

Harbhajan Singh also slammed the pitch

“You might be (Sachin) Tendulkar, (Jacques) Kallis, Brian Lara or Virat Kohli, even an unknown bowler will dismiss you on this pitch if you play six balls continuously,” Harbhajan told Star Sports.

Indian captain Rohit Sharma is complaining that he's receiving question about the state of the pitch.

“This pitch talk is getting too much. Every time you play in India there’s only focus on the pitch,”

“Why are people not asking me about Nathan Lyon and how well he bowled? How well (Cheteshwar) Pujara batted? How well Usman Khawaja played?” Rohit asked.

“We focus too much on the pitch here in India and I don’t feel it’s necessary.

“Former cricketers, I don’t think they played on pitches like this. These are the kinds of pitches we want to play on, this is our strength.

“When you’re playing at your home, always play to your strength. Not worry about what people outside are talking about. Our strength is spin bowling and batting depth.

“Everyone uses that advantage as home side, so what’s wrong with that?

“We’ve got to do that as well. Especially when we are getting results. If we were not getting the results, I would think otherwise. But we are playing well, getting the results we want.”

Sunil Gavaskar whinging that the ICC slapped 3 demerit points on the pitch,

“One thing I would like to know, there was this Test match in November in Brisbane (at the) Gabba, where the match finished in two days. How many demerit points did that pitch get?”

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Have some goats cheese with your whine, Sunny.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
That Head drop was one of the worst I've ever seen: it went straight to the keeper

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
That Head drop was one of the worst I've ever seen: it went straight to the keeper

This bloke hasn't looked even close to being up to it, they're really missing Pant.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Head's cover drives might just be the most elegant shot of any batsman in the world right now, it is exquisite to watch.

They really are obviously not that much alike but Head reminds me of Damian Martyn, I have no idea why.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
This bloke hasn't looked even close to being up to it, they're really missing Pant.

They picked him because he belted some park team around and broke a record I believe, hit a massive score.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.