4. Smith
5. Green
6. Marsh
7. Carey
8. Richardson/Cummins
9. Starc
10. Cummins/Hazlewood
11. Lyon

The obvious problem there is that Usman won't be too far behind him.

The obvious problem there is that Usman won't be too far behind him.

Agreed but I'm hoping that it will buy time for Pucovski because if he can't get it together, no idea what Australia does moving forward because Bancroft is blacklisted, Harris is unpickable and Renshaw is inconsistent.

Bancroft is shit
There you go fixed that for you .
Has flaws in his technique that cant be fixed . Can`t keep his bat from playing across balls on off stump . Had 10 chances and averages 20 sumpin . Moving on . Puck is obviously a talent but mentally fragile . Who`s next ?
Head is still vulnerable to short stuff over middle and leg . Greg Chappel reckons Mitch Marsh is next .

No, he doesn't. He has bowled terribly for Queensland.

Seven wickets in five games does not make the Test team.
Yep 100% and I’d argue for Neser at 33 it’s probably getting on time that playing incredibly in domestic cricket is the only way he is going to get a good opportunity at cracking the main side. Squad members can get left behind a bit (seen very much with Swepson and Inglis) and he has no time to be getting left behind. Also more likely to enjoy his cricket getting the chance to play some big bash and the likes. It’s a home series(‘) with a relatively small squad if he is needed he will get called up pretty easily without having to lose another summers cricket just running drinks.

Agreed but I'm hoping that it will buy time for Pucovski because if he can't get it together, no idea what Australia does moving forward because Bancroft is blacklisted, Harris is unpickable and Renshaw is inconsistent.
Throw Bancroft back in and give him the chance to redeem himself. Surely enough water has passed under the bridge now anyway.

I still hate the idea of Head opening, something looks very wrong about Green 5 and Marsh 6. Almost like having an ODI lower order.
I would be very nervous with those two at the crease and us 4-60.

Throw Bancroft back in and give him the chance to redeem himself. Surely enough water has passed under the bridge now anyway.

I still hate the idea of Head opening, something looks very wrong about Green 5 and Marsh 6. Almost like having an ODI lower order.
I would be very nervous with those two at the crease and us 4-60.

Well honestly, I LOVE what I see with Davies but it is too early...but with Labs and Smith there in the middle order, it might be worth the punt. Davies looks an absolute superstar in the making and if you really wanted to throw him in the deepest of deep ends, you could get him to open.

Well honestly, I LOVE what I see with Davies but it is too early...but with Labs and Smith there in the middle order, it might be worth the punt. Davies looks an absolute superstar in the making and if you really wanted to throw him in the deepest of deep ends, you could get him to open.
Davies looks good but that just won’t be happening. Renshaw, Harris and Bancroft have tens of hundreds each at around 40 all with test experience. Davies has played less first class games ever than most of these lot have made tons in the last 12 months. Love the optimism and creativity but this might be a bit far fetched.

Yep as big a fan as I am, his form with the ball isn’t even close sadly. You still gotta take wickets and Sandhu is far more effective for QLD at the moment

While he’s in and out of even Shield lately due to circumstances, there’s an argument about how he hasn’t been consistently playing for Australia since he debuted and that is equally damaging to his chances of getting selected again

A player can hit their purple patch and prolong it if they are picked at a higher grade due to breaking through that mental barrier of achievement - ie ‘I belong at this level’. And consistent selections,, like most sports will give players a chance to solidify their position.

They were about a year or two slow on Ness originally and now he’s looking like he’s on the downward slope, at least bowling-wise with age not on his side.

Same thing happened to Cutting but he didn’t even get the chance to rep Australia before his brief Test window slammed shut

Yep as big a fan as I am, his form with the ball isn’t even close sadly. You still gotta take wickets and Sandhu is far more effective for QLD at the moment

While he’s in and out of even Shield lately due to circumstances, there’s an argument about how he hasn’t been consistently playing for Australia since he debuted and that is equally damaging to his chances of getting selected again

A player can hit their purple patch and prolong it if they are picked at a higher grade due to breaking through that mental barrier of achievement - ie ‘I belong at this level’. And consistent selections,, like most sports will give players a chance to solidify their position.

They were about a year or two slow on Ness originally and now he’s looking like he’s on the downward slope, at least bowling-wise with age not on his side.

Same thing happened to Cutting but he didn’t even get the chance to rep Australia before his brief Test window slammed shut

The twins have been born now so I am hoping things can settle down and he can have a good second half to the Shield season when it comes back.

Wickets are his only currency, runs are nice, but wickets are the only way he's getting in the team.

So that's all that's taken into account, is it?

Selectors pick incumbents or those on form streaks .
Nesser is neither atm .

Green and Marsh are in front of him as an all rounder . Morris , Starc , Cummins , Hazlewood and Boland are all in front of Nesser as fast bowlers . Better off playing Shield and hitting form than nets bowling .

I like how you just ignore the actual point. You think a slow start to one season, diminishes several years of work?

If you're trying to get in the team, you need wickets. If Neser had 450 Test wickets sure he'd be picked if his Shield form was down, but he doesn't have any credit in the bank.

Harris scored 1200 runs and a Shield Final MOTM and 100 in 2019- do you think that is going to play a part in his selection?

Bancroft has backed up last season's runs with runs again this year when a spot is about to open- if he had 200 runs from five games- last year would carry no weight.

Pakistan slow but 2/117 is alright. Terrible moving the strike.

Azam is a complete technician.

I am definitely being harsh but that half chance off Murphy would have been a full chance if Harris was a good fieldsman. There just really isn't much going for him but he'll no doubt come out and make a 100 on this road in a pointless game and get a gig.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Lazza
  • Rambstien
  • Dash
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Johnny92
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Harry Sack
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Fitzy
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.