CRICKET BBL|13 Discussion

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Do you only watch big bash? Nobody out there is a reputable t20 batsman. Nobody loves McSweeney for his t20 cricket. He had a good start to the season but captaincy and having to deal with more of the load has just been too much for him in this format.

Edit: Renshaw is a reputable t20 batsman but he has done pretty much **** all for a player of his quality
I’m not referring to only T20, this is a BBL13 discussion post right?

I’m referring to his place in the Brisbane Heat team.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Have a fucken crack you *****. I have no pride in a team just not having a crack. Would much rather watch us be all out for 70 than watch this crap. Fucken pathetic. 10 overs in and we aren’t even remotely in a position to win this. You are better off being 5 down hoping for a miracle partnership to get you 70 odd in the second 10 but 100 is a fucken joke. Absolute fucken joke. Not proud of this effort at all. In times like these being proud of your effort is just as important as winning and this is pathetic.

They need to be fucken aggressive there is barely the intent of one day cricket let alone T20.

HAVE A FUCKEN CRACK.
How about all out for 90?

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Absolutely ridiculous competition. To lose your four best batsmen for the business end of the comp, just absolutely ridiculous. Who is this comp trying to cater to?

Brocko

Brocko

NRL Captain
Contributor
Feb 23, 2014
For someone who barely watches big bash/cricket, can someone explain why the heat lose half their team pre finals? Could be wrong but I thought it happened last comp too.

Is it players getting called up (for Aus)etc? Seems a pretty weird way to run a comp.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
I’m not referring to only T20, this is a BBL13 discussion post right?

I’m referring to his place in the Brisbane Heat team.
Look up Charlie Wakim (fucken sucks). He is our only other batter. Don’t see how you can remotely question his place in the team when he was in an undefeated team before being dropped where only Jimmy Peirson and Max Bryant were behind him (neither can play his role at 3) and now that the team is very different there is literally nobody else (except Charlie wakim). Still averages mid 20’s in t20 cricket. He is a great player to have in our previous full strength environment but in a shit side he isn’t going to do much for you but neither is anybody else in our side currently.

Nobody has even remotely suggested that McSweeney is a gun t20 player, ever. But why drop your number 3 when your 5 has done **** all and the bloke taking his spot is only there for a game. You are relying on someone to bat 3 and captain the side and you dropped him a game before he had to step up and become a much more integral part of the side in an uncomfortable format for himself. That was the point at the time more so than look at this gun. Nobody other than Munro at the time had been all that good with the bat so weird decision to not play the blokes you needed to win come crunch time.

The glaring issue is that the openers both these last 2 games have not even remotely given a platform for McSweeney and Renshaw who will kick on at the 25 - 30 ball mark each. They are the only 2 imo capable of winning it for the heat (with other cameos) and they aren’t given the remotest of chances due to the start. They are disgracefully behind before they even get in let alone getting there eye in and having 30 balls to manipulate fields, knock some 1’s, 2’s & 3’s and get the odd boundary and then go from there. It’s been piss poor all around on the batting front but the openers have been fucking abhorrent and embarrassingly poor for a professional level.

Like **** me Mitch Swepson has scored at an incredibly greater rate than those 2 have over the last 2 games. Not good enough at the top and it has translated to not outstanding t20 players at this level having to try perform in a non-preferred and unnatural scenario in relation to there approach to this format. Sure we can bunger on about Nathan’s batting which still wasn’t good enough himself (as was everybody’s) but the blokes up top are better off getting a quick 10 each than chewing up half the balls for **** all output. I’d nearly argue we are better off just chucking Nathan and Matt out there to open and just fucking pray to god they stay in long enough that there is something for Brown, Peirson, Bryant, Walter and Neser to salvage at the end instead of praying to god Brown and Peirson just get out and being 2 batters short of value already.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I never want to watch Brown play cricket again. I wouldn’t even let the **** serve me at Maccas.

Fernando

Fernando

NRL Captain
Jun 6, 2015
Thought we'd make it to the final against the Scorchers where our batting would be found out...guess not. Lame losing so many batsmen and our home ground advantage in time for the finals

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
How the **** can the Heat be top of the table and so terribly bad at the same time?

The Heat won a bunch of pressure games and now have no game at all under the meekest of pressures…

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
Do you only watch big bash? Nobody out there is a reputable t20 batsman. Nobody loves McSweeney for his t20 cricket. He had a good start to the season but captaincy and having to deal with more of the load has just been too much for him in this format.

Edit: Renshaw is a reputable t20 batsman but he has done pretty much **** all for a player of his quality
Do the Heat have ANY reputable players besides Neser and Johnson?

Seriously, there are no Heat players anywhere near national teams in their respective formats for a reason…

Fernando

Fernando

NRL Captain
Jun 6, 2015

Seriously, there are no Heat players anywhere near national teams in their respective formats for a reason…
No local batsmen anyway. The bowling lineup is pretty damn good.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
For someone who barely watches big bash/cricket, can someone explain why the heat lose half their team pre finals? Could be wrong but I thought it happened last comp too.

Is it players getting called up (for Aus)etc? Seems a pretty weird way to run a comp.
Can’t be 100% sure for last year, but this year there’s a T20 comp in Dubai that most of the overseas players have signed up for

Because CA dicked around with their nonsense draft this season and wasted time, players signed up for other leagues to ensure they’ll be playing at some point this summer and so most have had those commitments put into their BBL deals, plus there’s a lot more $$$ that BBL can’t compete with which doesn’t help - other times it’s been national duty for their respective countries which is far more understandable.

Sixers have lost James Vince, Scorchers have lost Laurie Evans, we’ve lost Munro and Billings and I’m sure there’s a few others, but for teams in the finals they’re the key ones as far as I can recall (not sure on Strikers as Rashid was their main guy and he didn’t even play this year)

we obviously also don’t have Ussie and Marnus due to the Test side and we only barely got Renshaw available for this one

CA really need to get the structure right for next season so we can keep internationals for the whole tournament and have test players play more than 2 games in the season

But there’s also still something about this team that just can’t pull it together when it matters once the momentum swings - as soon as Moises and Hughes started hitting out I knew it was over as it was just like the Perth game last week when Hobson and Evans did the same

And Brown put the entire order under pressure by wasting like 4 overs for his 15 runs and we collapse to be out for under a run a ball

I ended up falling asleep because it was boring as ****

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
The reason with why we lose our players right now?

Oh I don't know how about:
- International call ups
- SA20
- ILT20
- BPL20
- NZ20

Particularly the SA20 and ILT20, they offer way more money than the BBL. These are all on at the same time.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Fucking Howie on commentary last night saying that this issue of all these players going and overlapping comps has just starting getting some attention. Like it should have been getting attention the whole fucking comp, before it even started. I will never understand how sports administrators like this get to such high positions when they are clearly incapable of making sensible decisions.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Fucking Howie on commentary last night saying that this issue of all these players going and overlapping comps has just starting getting some attention. Like it should have been getting attention the whole fucking comp, before it even started. I will never understand how sports administrators like this get to such high positions when they are clearly incapable of making sensible decisions.

Not sure if talking about BBL or NRL.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018

Renshaw
Khawaja
Labuschagne
Neser
Johnson
Swepson
Kuhnemann

Have all played for Australia in the last 18 months and all played test cricket except Johnson.

Not to mention Billings has played for England in the same period, Peirson was just in the Ashes squad (and A side), McSweeney is in the Australia A side and captain of it at just 24.

Munro is retired from international cricket and has played for his country 122 times.

Paul Walter is on the fringes of the England white ball set up

Xavier Bartlett has been troubled with injuries to start his career but very promising red ball and t20 bowler that’s handy with the bat and good fielder. In team of the season so that puts him in contention for t20 honours you’d have to think. Will play for Aus in his career no doubt.

That leaves Josh Brown and Max Bryant as the only ones not even remotely near international level in their respective formats in this team all year.

Not to mention we had 3 players make TOTY and none of them were those you mentioned and only one has played for there country.

It’s not representative of anything remotely relevant to our issues last night. Our issue last night was relying on fringe squad members to win you a tournament which is piss poor from execs when it’s an avoidable issue. Sure international call ups is unavoidable but going to other domestic comps because they weren’t signed up early enough is pretty poor.

So bit of an ignorant take on your part but whatever. The Heat have a great squad, if you have your top 4 batters not playing finals you will always struggle. The fact 2 of them essentially didn’t play all year and we still were undefeated till we lost the other 2 is exceptional.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
It is really hard to continue to have any interest in the BBL.

We get sub-standard internationals at a time where I am sure they would rather be at home with their families, all of that whilst dealing with our best locals playing for Australia and then to top it all off, we lose our internationals right as the finals get going.

What a joke.

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.