OFFICIAL Bellamy extends contract with Melbourne Storm

lol, that about sums it up right there. RL is full of these massive headlines because they know that the many less intelligent and gullible members of the fanbase (which is about 90%) will buy the newspaper or click on their FB page to read about it. Facebook is going off atm with this headline and every single person is believing what they are reading. It is total rubbish and will be confirmed as such tomorrow.

The chat is pretty strong on the Foxsports panel shows

Interesting that the story drops the week Wayne coaches his 800th game

If the media were hoping to throw us off with this story, they might be in for a rude shock. Sending a message to the playing group that Bennett is under pressure may have the opposite effect to what they're hoping.

Pretty big difference with George Rose.

Rose didn't want to do the hard work, he didn't want to commit. No coach in the world could save him.
Cronk is also known for doing a lot of work away from training. Bellamy may have played a part but Cronk deserves most of the credit

Bellamy wont come here.... and whilst Id support the decision if the club went that way because i love the broncos, id also pick bennett to cpah us over bellamy every day of the week... a few reasons below:

1. I love rugby league. Bennett loves the game and tries to do good by it (international footy, encourages changes to the rules for fast free flowing football, he saved origin in the early 00’s, png work, and much-much more). Bellamy would sell the game down the toilet if it meant a win (salary cap, wrestling, rule “bending” in games)
2. We have won ALL our premierships with bennett, we thought the grass was greener before, howd that turn out? His record at least warrants him going out with a bit more respect i think.
3. Bellamys record without smith is ABYSMAL. He has a 20%(?) record qithout him, lost a gf by a record margin (40-0) without smith, won 2/9 origin games (worse then daleys record), and had 1/3 wins in city vs country. Paint it however you want, thats attrocious and shows he is unproven without him big time. Its still a gamble, bennett isnt
4. Our record and our development is back where it was since bennett has been back (win % is better then his first stint and juniors coming through is exceptional atm). We are missing a premiership but would bellamy get us closer then we are (within seconds and top 4 team regularly) if he didnt have smith with him? Unproven as above
5. Coaching the broncos is different to ANY Other team. Its a whole different beast. I heard the other day someone mention that bellamy said he realised after 3 years of coaching origin that it is different to coaching at club level and he would have done it differently if he was to do it again. It took him 3 years to realise this?! Can we wait this long if his system doesnt work here without smith??????

All said and done, I dont know how true this story is and how close bennett is to retiring. No one does. I talked to an ex players dad the other day and he said bellamy is a champion bloke who is portrayed in the media much like bennett is wrongly portrayed so i dont take much notice of that side of it. If he was a total asshole players wouldnt want to join the storm. I want a premiership as much as any on here but those pro-getting-bellamy fans are acting as if its a certainty with bellamy here, fpr the reasons above i can assure everyone it is no more guaranteed then if we had bennett. The debate should be whether we let bennet (the man who gave us all our premierships) decide when he retires and possibly not get bellamy, or if we get bellamy and tell bennett when he should retire?....

If Bennett is thinking of retiring, then realistically, Bellamy is probably the best available coach we will get. If it's a case of actually sacking Bennett (I call total bullshit) then I'd seriously be pissed off at the club.

If the club have actually put out a 4 year deal to Bellamy, then Bennett has obviously told the club he's willing to retire as soon as they find a replacement, in which case so be it. I don't like Bellamy, not one bit, but if we're on the look out for a replacement coach that's actually available, you won't find better.
Well said. Exactly how Im thinking too

Bellamy is the ONLY current coach I would accept to replace Bennett. But to dump Bennett in his last year is just so damn ugly and disrespectful. I just don't know how I feel about this.

If Bennett is allowed to leave on his terms and he goes to Wigan and takes Boyd with him. If we give Bird permission to go back to Sydney to get more cap. And, if Bellamy brings Munster and Slater. Then, and only then, would I be kinda ok with any of this talk.

1. Slater
2. Oates
3. Kahu
4. Roberts
5. Isaako
6. Milford
7. Munster
8. Lodge
9. Macca
10. McGuire
11. TPJ
12. Gillett
13. Joe O

Oh the crying over the salary cap, can you even begin to imagine..

1. Slater
2. Oates
3. Kahu
4. Roberts
5. Isaako
6. Milford
7. Munster
8. Lodge
9. Macca
10. McGuire
11. TPJ
12. Gillett
13. Joe O

Would that side be over?

I'm not sure my opinion on this will go down well with you guys, but this is what I think - we absolutely MUST sign Craig Bellamy as our next long term coach.

But I want to stress this point firstly - Wayne should stay on as long as he likes because not only has he earned that but he is, imo, the greatest coach rugby league has seen. Ever. Hands down. He must not be moved on or told to leave. Craig can come in as coach and Wayne can oversee things as coaching director or something. Wayne deserves the respect to choose the time when he feels right for him to retire, which I strongly believe is very soon. I think that's why we see the assistant coach addressing the team at half time etc. Think about it, he knows he's nearing the end so he's delegating more and more, slowly but surely.

I also must say this too, am I a fan of Bellamy's coaching style? Honestly, not really, but I would welcome his winning ways to our club. We aren't in crisis by any means, this isn't the Henjak and Griffin eras, but his intensity, hunger for success and no mercy ruthless attitude he instils in his players is something that can only make us better. Also, we are the Broncos so we have to keep that high standard and sign the best and other than Wayne, Bellamy is the best. Am I right? Who else would we sign when Wayne retires? Paul Green is okay, don't mind him but imo, Bellamy is the guy at least for 4 or 5 years.

I don't want Wayne to go at all, he's the greatest but he's close to 70 and we have to be realistic, the end is near and we absolutely must nail the signing for his replacement because can we really endure another 2012-2014 seasons? We got it so wrong that time but we have the opportunity now to get it right.

So, me personally, I think this is the direction we should go as a club.

1. Slater
2. Oates
3. Kahu
4. Roberts
5. Isaako
6. Milford
7. Munster
8. Lodge
9. Macca
10. McGuire
11. TPJ
12. Gillett
13. Joe O

Imagine the sideways running between Munster and Milford. They'd be bumping into each other all night

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Manofoneway
  • ivanhungryjak
  • NSW stables
  • Brocko
  • Allo
  • Mick_Hancock
  • broncos4life
  • Bucking Beads
  • Johnny92
  • Wolfie
  • Broncorob
  • RodF
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Galah
  • Xzei
  • blacknwhite
  • sooticus
  • Financeguy
... and 24 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.