Bellamy to the broncos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Hasler maybe a good coach but damn I'd hate him representing our club.

Son Edo

Son Edo

NRL Player
Sep 14, 2011
It rides on how the Broncos perform next year, and than we can give our final verdict.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Frankly, this does have some merit since they are the best players in the game and in turn make everyone around them look awesome too.

However you can't deny the work ethic he has and drills his team to perfection.

Also, don't use his NSW Origin coaching stint as a reference.. no one could help those sad sacks of shit.

Nature versus nuture.

Pure talented squads versus coaching.

The NSW Origin years are a poor test case for the "pure talent" argument and there really aren't any other test examples. I also wonder how much of an advantage the isolation and lack of public scruntiny (and pressure) in Melbourne is for the Storm.

Bellamy is undoubtedly the premier coach in the NRL. Bennett is past his prime as a hands on head coach. As a target for the Broncos of course Bellamy makes sense.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Culture is the most important thing IMO. I'm not sure I can condone Bellamy's "Bend the rules to win at all costs" attitude.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Culture is the most important thing IMO. I'm not sure I can condone Bellamy's "Bend the rules to win at all costs" attitude.

There is something to what you say there Coxy. Thing is though,I remember one of our great sons,Alfie Langer bending the rules so much the NSWRL changed the rules three times to counteract his efforts. The last time that happened was way back in sporting history when the ruling body of the day changed the rules three times to stop the great Walter Lindrum. Still, it is worth thought.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
Love him or hate him, youd be a fool to not want Bellamy to coach your club. I think he would do wonders for our young players, especially in defence and attacking structure.

thats not to say i want Griffin gone, im happy with him so far - but if the best is up for grabs you have to take it.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I also hear the Broncos could be changing their colours to purple and recruiting Slater, Smith and Cronk.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
I also hear the Broncos could be changing their colours to purple and recruiting Slater, Smith and Cronk.

Like Newcastle replacing the blue on their jersey with white, and changing the red stripes to a red v.

fredie

fredie

Banned User
Sep 28, 2008
and bulldogs swapping the blue for maroon . eagledogs

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
As an unabashed Bellamy fan I'd absolutely love it if he ended up here ... he would run sh*t in Brisbane ..

Looking at the bigger picture though, it's crucial that the Storm are successful if they're to remain relevant in Melbourne and they're pretty assured of that whilst ever Bellamy is there ...

fredie

fredie

Banned User
Sep 28, 2008
bellamy linked to talks with . panthers. dragons . warriors . tigers

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Isn't the coaches pay outside the cap?

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
I have a few friends that currently have NRL contracts and they met Bellamy at a clinic here in Brisbane just recently. I heard from a players perspective Bellamy is intense but supportive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Johnny92
  • Alec
  • Broncorob
  • Waynesaurus
  • Harry Sack
  • Bucking Beads
  • MrRobot
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Shane Tronc
  • rj9
  • leon.bott
  • Jazza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.