Ben Hunt is overrated

This is getting ridiculous now. Two try assists last night and two try assists last week if I am remembering correctly. He is never going to be a complete, all-rounded player.

Well, no. He was gods gift to Brisbane last year and all of a sudden people want him dropped. You guys give up on our boys way too easy.

IMO: Hunt is still mind fucked over what happened in the GF. He doesn't seem to have the confidence he once had.

IMO: Hunt is still mind fucked over what happened in the GF. He doesn't seem to have the confidence he once had.

It's time to move on, or it's likely to fucking happen again.

So what I understand from this thread is that some people (or one person) considers the fact he is not running the ball every play, and scoring tries through his dummy and go as a drop in form, and that he should be dropped?

Right...

There's nothing really left to say...

I'm really starting to think he's going to be a liability in the finals barring another purple patch of form.

Milford and Hunt have not shown they can put together a plan to close out a game but at least Milford can pull something out of his arse to win it for us sometimes.

Last edited:
So what I understand from this thread is that some people (or one person) considers the fact he is not running the ball every play, and scoring tries through his dummy and go as a drop in form, and that he should be dropped?

Right...

There's nothing really left to say...
Our Storm/Cowboys/Qld troll is obviously baiting.

You on the other hand, seem to be oblivious to what a halfback's primary task is.

Try to recruit a halfback with a kicking game and some brains who can steer a team around and move Hunt to hooker where his creativity and running game can thrive.

I dont think he is overrated as such, but he isnt playing as consistently well like he has the previous 2 seasons.

Last edited:
Taylor was that player, the fears about having two halves that can't really organise are starting to have some merit.

Hunt deserves criticism.

He also deserves a lot of praise.

He has done a lot of terrific things for the Broncos and can be up there with the best. His efforts have shown his class and he is for mine a gifted half back with some serious issues.

If Wayne is the people coach he is made out to be, Ben deserves some gentle as well as some tough love from Wayne, and probably Alfie as well on his kicking and his strategic game, and on working with Milf (who also deserves some tough love).

I for one am not giving up on Hunt.

Our Storm/Cowboys/Qld troll is obviously baiting.

You on the other hand, seem to be oblivious to what a halfback's primary task is.
How am I oblivious to what a halfback's primary task is? All I was pointing out, was that when he was doing all those things that I mentioned above, he was very much praised around here, with all his flaws being ignored. I guarantee if he starts scoring tries, taking the line on etc. he will once again be loved around here, and once again his flaws will be put in the background.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Harry Sack
  • Culhwch
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Lurker
  • Jedhead
  • sooticus
  • Ondi
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.