Ben Hunt's future is uncertain now

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
He will be fine.

He always comes back strong.

Tipping a big year for him next year. But, we will likely be playing without him for a couple of games at the start of 2016.

Unless trials are counted towards suspensions.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Very rarely if ever do i resort to personal attacks, check my post history, but youre a fucking idiot. **** off with your alarmist bullshit and show some pride in your team.

The game should never have gone to over time, it was a horrible defensive read from Oates that allowed the final try. Boyd could have been better positioned to cover the wing too.

It was his first grand final, look how much the pressure got to Thurston. He was absolutely packing it when setting up for that conversion. Its a pressure that no one but the players involved could understand. Ben Hunt has done so much for our club that I won't even think twice about him making an error. I can forgive a casual fan for trying to put the blame solely on Hunt but any real bronco fan can't put the loss on Hunt. He'll be a better player for it and I 100% believe his shot at redemption will happen in the very near future.

Last edited:
Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Gotta love the difference between the reactions between Hunt and Sims. Guess players only screw up if you don't like them.

FaceOfMutiny

FaceOfMutiny

QCup Player
Nov 7, 2013
Yeah he screwed up but at the same time if he had support play on his line break late in the 2nd half(like he would normally have all year) maybe it never would have got to golden point. Either way you can't win them all and it sucks but you win some and you lose some. He will be fine next year and hopefully next year's gf is a rematch with a different result.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Are you being serious?

Granted, Hunt cost the Broncos a shot of redemption in their biggest game in 9 years. Those mistakes will go down in infamy unfortunately and it will follow him wherever he goes for one reason or another. However, comparing the vitirol expressed between Sims and Hunt just goes to show how fans don't read the game so black and white.

What did Sims contribute to the Broncos? What was his biggest high? Snapping Justin Poore? Outside of that, Sims was basically every bad habit of Jarrod Wallace and Ben Hannant rolled into one.

Ben Hunt carried the Broncos attack for an entire season and was the key game manager. He wasn't utterly dog shit in the game either and came up with a number of key players. Unfortunately, he wasn't JT who brought his A game and was perhaps unlucky not to receive more results from his hard-work.

Should fans care about poor ol' Ashton? Hell no.

Would shitting on Hunt actually achieve anything?

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Are you being serious?

Granted, Hunt cost the Broncos a shot of redemption in their biggest game in 9 years. Those mistakes will go down in infamy unfortunately and it will follow him wherever he goes for one reason or another. However, comparing the vitirol expressed between Sims and Hunt just goes to show how fans don't read the game so black and white.

What did Sims contribute to the Broncos? What was his biggest high? Snapping Justin Poore? Outside of that, Sims was basically every bad habit of Jarrod Wallace and Ben Hannant rolled into one.

Ben Hunt carried the Broncos attack for an entire season and was the key game manager. He wasn't utterly dog shit in the game either and came up with a number of key players. Unfortunately, he wasn't JT who brought his A game and was perhaps unlucky not to receive more results from his hard-work.

Should fans care about poor ol' Ashton? Hell no.

Would shitting on Hunt actually achieve anything?

Without Ben Hunt the Bronocs don't get close to the GF.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
016539b9ebe6a5a38bfd384f75d1b1dbc1e99c02f2eeb2a126a8a14b3f5836e0.jpg

Shattered for Ben Hunt. He has carried the Broncos for 2 seasons and just had a poor game. He will be back better than ever next season. This thread is even dumber than me dumping the Broncos because of Boyd and I didn't think that was possible.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Hunt has plenty of fortitude, he'll pull through. No way his team won't get behind him big time.

K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014
Blair missed that tackle on JT. Reed bas been a turnstile against Morgan and Ferguson. If Reed made those tackles Oates has the confidence to stay on the wing.

Ben Hunt getting stripped, dropping the ball and dropping Linnett were very uncharacteristic errors.
Hes young and carried us last year - done wonders this year and now has some finals experience this year. I hope he realises this and comes back strong next year.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Bennett probably will hand him the captaincy to get him back on his feet. Hunt will then lead us to the gf next year after fine tuning his kicking.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
This thread is even dumber than me dumping the Broncos because of Boyd and I didn't think that was possible.

LOL ......is that a hint from you that you'd like to come back to the stable?

Your initiation is going to be sweeettt !!

whip2.gif

Last edited:
T

talanoa

NRL Player
Jan 16, 2014
I know it isn't fair to heap a whole lot of shit onto his back, Hunt knows he ****ed it up, he broke into tears basically immediately after the GP knock on then went straight over to Hodges bauling his eyes out at full time.

Bennett has to really be a mentor for him now, because Hunt is going to STRUGGLE to come back from this. He probably has the first 4 weeks of next season on the sideline to think about it after that dangerous throw, so he won't even have a chance to build any momentum early on.

It hurts to admit it, but it honestly wouldn't surprise me if this stunted him completely. It's the worst result possible for him, basically.

Possibly the worst post ever written. People make mistakes all the time, remember Hodgo all those ago in origin??? He turned out pretty dam good after that.
Your post stinks to be honest.

B

bazza

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2013
These are the moments that define a player. This sort of adversity is what makes a great player into a champion player. I have absolutely no doubt Hunt will bounce back and learn a lot from this experience, and like the greats of our wonderful club, he will lead this team to a premiership, or even multiple premierships for that matter.

I remember a young Lockyer having an absolute shocker on one of the biggest stages in the game, in State of Origin. It happens... even to the best, but what matters is how they react to it and recover from it.

Hunt let the pressure get to him in the end, but will come back a better player next season.

This will be the making of another champion.

Strop

Strop

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 28, 2015
Personally, I'd be happy for him to be handed the captaincy next season, not as some healing measure for the GF, but because he is a motivated determined little bastard that has the drive and ambition to be the best. Traits that make him one for others to follow on and off the field. I have confidence that he will take great motivation from that loss and be able to cope with the mental demons, legitimate or not, that he will have to process. Go Hunt, go Broncos!

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • jarro65
  • Sproj
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • Harry Sack
  • Allo
  • FACTHUNT
  • Culhwch
  • Foordy
  • broncos4life
  • Santa
  • Brocko
  • Broncorob
  • TimWhatley
  • Morkel
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.