Ben Teo looking for an Nrl Club..

austin71

NRL Player
Apr 21, 2013
Teo has had enough of Union and is looking for an Nrl Club. Would anyone want him back or could we afford him? I think he could be the grunt we are missing. Id prefer Teo then Thaiday...

Probably can't afford him.

Apparently we're having salary cap troubles as it is. But, he is a player I would love to have back in the side.

Depends on the role Thaiday would play, personally I can see him now effective for us in the front row, much more so then under Griffin, but as super freak points out, probably not achievable in the current salary cap situation and besides, very well served in the second row department.

Last edited:
I can't find anything on this but assuming it is true then yes, I'd love to have him back this year if possible. Would make up for Moose being injured.

Like for like salary wise, I'd probably have him over Glenn, but he probably costs twice what Alex costs, and is definitely not 2x better.

Definitely handy to have him back for Origin purposes... he's not even "old". :wink:

Can't see him going to the Roosters tbh. Just media speculation. Would be a good signing but I am not sure it is really needed. It depends if Glenn and Thaiday re-sign. Regardless we should of cap room with Martin Kennedy and co. coming off the cap next year?

I'd take him back in an instant, quality player. But we are pretty well stocked for back rowers so it's hard to see the club pursuing him.

Definitely handy to have him back for Origin purposes... he's not even "old". :wink:

He'd likely to pick up where he left off re: Origin. I could see him slipping straight back into the side.

I've always been a bit iffy about Teo. He convinced me that he was quality through his SOO performances during 2013 & last year (I liked his aggressiveness)....then he goes and quits and plays union. WTF ??

Now he wants to come back again.

Not sure.

I wasn't a particularly huge fan of him before, but I thought he became very valuable in the last year or so. Defensively. He was one of the reasons for the Souffs pack dominance. Consistently hitting hard in defence is just as important as what Burger was doing in attack.

I dunno if I'd have him for the Broncos though. Poor balance with so many back rowers.

Yes, I'd take him back instantly. We'd probably need Hodges to retire and Thaiday to not be re-signed to have the money for him, but he'd give us exactly what we need, aggression, and a natural replacement for Corey Parker once he retires.

2017~

8. McGuire
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Te'o

Like for like salary wise, I'd probably have him over Glenn, but he probably costs twice what Alex costs, and is definitely not 2x better.

Agree 100% there. Glenn is the player that just keeps hitting opposition defences til they maybe crack. Te'o can bust them down at will. Also tackles harder and is more aggressive. I'd love to have him back, but it depends on Thaiday and Glenn himself re-signing. If Thaiday stays at his current form, you'd be a fool not to sign him.

Glenn has a great workrate, but I still don't see enough of him doing more than just hitting up the ball and tackling. Sure he gets a nice ball from Milf once every few games, but it's yet to happen multiple times over multiple games. Still only one try this year too. Granted we're in a position where we're not having trouble scoring but we've also killed some teams so for an 80 min edge backrower, you'd think he'd have a few at least. Even Dodds and Moose have him beat so far.

Above all of my concerns though, is we cannot put anymore roadblocks in Oates's development. We're aware now of some other reasons why he may not be getting gametime, but also putting another international into the team in the back row/bench is just asking for him to leave if the other two stay, which is very likely. I know we shouldn't pander to players but we also need to be wary of another 'Prince/Wallace > Hunt/Norman' type scenario with our pack.

You would have to think the Titans would snap him up as they definitely have the cash. Likely they will unload Taylor as soon as they can too. Top player was/ is Teo and it would be great to see him back but as everyone has said, too expensive and really surplus to needs.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.