Best player never to win a premiership

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Been thinking about this over the last couple of days

I can't go past Andrew Ettinghausen. First grade player at 17, first player to play 300 games for 1 club, 27 Origin games, 25 test matches, 165 tries for Cronulla, 21 tries at Orgin/Test level, possessed everything as a player.

Any other suggestions?

Re: Best player never to win a premiersjip

Mat Rogers as well.

Matt bowen, Wally lewis

I'm surprised you didn't say Jarryd Hayne, Sharkman.

He is still playing, I count retired players. Hayne could still win one.

Don't think it's ever been done before, the premiersjip is almost impossible to win.

Don't think it's ever been done before, the premiersjip is almost impossible to win.

If anyone could do it though, it would be Minto.

Mark Coyne must consider himself quite unlucky. Played in 3 GFs in 5 years and couldn't win one.

Nathan Hindmarsh springs to mind. Busted his ass at the eels for all those years without getting one when there have been a lot lesser players to get one.

I always thought Mario Fenech was unlucky not to win one, especially for his years at the Bears. He was an absolute beast in those days. Thoroughly enjoyed watching him play

Paul Sirronen, Benny Elias, Blocker Roach, Wayne Pearce, Gavin Miller, Gary Larson, Billy Moore, Greg Florimo, David Peachey, Jason Taylor, Tommy Raudonikis

Last edited:
Paul Sirronen, Benny Elias, Blocker Roach, Wayne Pearce, Gavin Miller, Gary Larson, Billy Moore, Greg Florimo, David Peachey, Jason Taylor

Yeah, have to feel for some of those Tigers legends.

If only Warren Ryan kept Blocker and Sironen on

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Organix
  • lynx000
  • Bucking Beads
  • Justwin
  • Santa
  • FACTHUNT
  • Big Del
  • Aldo
  • broncoscope
  • broncsgoat
  • mrslong
  • Lurker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.