Best tries of 2023

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013

This one need not have a poll as there are just too many options that could win this title. Some of my favorites are:

Reyno vs. Newcastle @ 18:39 (dat Ezra flick pass)

Cobbo #2 against the Phins @ 19:58

Walsh vs. Souffs @ 23:12 (Slater 2.0)

Mam vs. Rorters @ 24:28

Carrigan's 1st career try vs Rorters @ 24:45

Herbie try in reverse vs. Eels @ 27:17

Walsh vs Canberra @ 30:03

Walsh vs the Scum @ 31:17

Ezra's third in the GF for the hattrick

So many good tries. I personally can't go past Cobbo vs the Phins for just pure freakish individual brilliance, and Walsh vs Melbourne for being such a huge effort against our most hated opposition.

Best try Imo was Cobbo's Solo effort against Dolphins at the Gabba, that was just freakish.

Best try of the year of any player in the comp, the slow mo on it highlights the genius from Cobbo, perfect kick to himself and keeping the ball from touching the ground once he got it to just make the try line it was total perfection, all while being outnumbered in defence by atleast 5 players to 1.

Next best try would be the Reynolds try against Knights where Ezra does probably the best flick pass I have ever seen, not even Benji at his peak could compare to that(considering he did it with a player on his outside which he cut out with the pass).

Tbh last season our tries were insane, our playing style is by far the most exciting in the entire game by a margin.

Like Ezras first try in the GF would make a top 5 list for the year of all teams as well considering he burned Edwards who was in a favourable position to defend him but ran around him and made him look like a snail to score, the same fullback who was basically defending every try with ease coming into that game.

Too many to list. But the ones I liked most was where it was players in motion, supporting play...a line break and then we just poured through... And our long-range tries, I love how we attack from our own end! Both of these things are reminiscent of the way the club played back in the 90's and 00's.

Really, really happy to see the support play back - and we have the team to take full advantage of it. Big forwards who can get between defenders and pop offloads, and a backline again full of pace and smarts who can turn half chances into points.

Agreed that we're the most exciting team in the comp to watch, bar none.

It has to be Ezra’s flick, the flick itself was ridiculous but also the game situation. Newcastle were playing with plenty of spirit that day.

It has to be Ezra’s flick, the flick itself was ridiculous but also the game situation. Newcastle were playing with plenty of spirit that day.
The first flick earlier in the season was possibly one of the freakiest things I have ever seen on a footy field. Crazy stuff. Obviously game context was a lot different so that other one as a moment was better but the first flick was fucking unreal.

This one need not have a poll as there are just too many options that could win this title. Some of my favorites are:

Reyno vs. Newcastle @ 18:39 (dat Ezra flick pass)

Cobbo #2 against the Phins @ 19:58

Walsh vs. Souffs @ 23:12 (Slater 2.0)

Mam vs. Rorters @ 24:28

Carrigan's 1st career try vs Rorters @ 24:45

Herbie try in reverse vs. Eels @ 27:17

Walsh vs Canberra @ 30:03

Walsh vs the Scum @ 31:17

Ezra's third in the GF for the hattrick

So many good tries. I personally can't go past Cobbo vs the Phins for just pure freakish individual brilliance, and Walsh vs Melbourne for being such a huge effort against our most hated opposition.

The thing that stands out to me in this compilation is how many times it's Paixy at dummy half at the beginning of the try. I didn't relaise just how involved he was last season. I seem to only remember the Walters/Smoothy combo.

The thing that stands out to me in this compilation is how many times it's Paixy at dummy half at the beginning of the try. I didn't relaise just how involved he was last season. I seem to only remember the Walters/Smoothy combo.
Paix was fine at dummy half. I commented many times I thought the team lifted when he came on. By the end of the season, though, Walters' running improved considerably, and Smoothy's game awareness was underrated. Neither let us down in the GF, though Billy was clearly gassed in the second stint (he admitted as much). Defence is another conversation.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Battler
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Swordfish
  • broncos4life
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Bish
  • bb_gun
  • Astro
  • Browny
  • The True King
  • Johnny92
  • Morepudding
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.