VOTE BHQ Player of Round 6

Who is your player of Round 6? (Pick 3)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As good as Payno is, i dont think there should be any debate anymore that Carrigan is the premier and most important forward at the club now.

Willison has been teriffic. We really dont want him starting games because his impact off the bench has been phenomenal. Its shouldnt be underesitmated how important that is to a team.

Yeah he’s aiming up to be a pretty good Flegler replacement. I get the feeling there is a real aggressive streak in him that he’s holding back at the moment.

As for Patty v Haas, we are just spoilt to have them both. Haas is a one of kind athlete. Patty is a footballer through and through

Yeah he’s aiming up to be a pretty good Flegler replacement. I get the feeling there is a real aggressive streak in him that he’s holding back at the moment.

As for Patty v Haas, we are just spoilt to have them both. Haas is a one of kind athlete. Patty is a footballer through and through

I like the aggresion he has shown already. He's probably got more in him, but he has some physicality which i like.

I was of the same opinion. I dont get the clamour for players who make impact off the bench to start. Bench impact is integral to the best teams, and i think potentially two of the best in Willison and Te Kura.

Having Te Kura helps if Xavier starts, but lord, if we can start Jensen and swap him and Haas for Willison and Te Kura against tired players...

And all that punch through the middle compresses the defence so there's room for our strike out wide...

Having Te Kura helps if Xavier starts, but lord, if we can start Jensen and swap him and Haas for Willison and Te Kura against tired players...
With Kobe sweeping in picking up all the work. Can get Haas and Carrigans minutes down and still dominate. Incredible, absolutely incredible forward pack that would be. Jensen has been unreal this year as well. Just has this feel of elevated quality again. I think Kev will go for the back at 17 for a fair bit longer but Haas,Jensen, Carrigan, Hetho, Willison is a must. What happens with that 17 between Oatesy and Te Kura is up to Kev’s discretion but the other 5 are a MUST and have all very much earned and proved they are a MUST over the course of this season, careers and the off-season. They are the core 5 of the forward pack. Baker isn’t a bad bloke to have as depth but he is not in our 17. Te Kura will round out that forward pack so orgasmicalyy but I can understand the desire for a back at 17.

To me it tells Kev that he needs to make sure Willison/Hetho can play back up second rower and Piakura can cover the centres comfortably. Obviously Selwyn covers FB and Walters halves. If he can sort those 2 positions out from those 2 with Te Kura at 17 I will cream my jocks every single weekend from that middle rotation. Holy fucking heckers. I can’t wait to see the 6 of them in action as a unit.

Patty Carrigan - 23 runs 209 meters 46 Tackles 1 missed

Xavier Willison 16 runs 181 meters 18 Tackles 2 missed

Selwyn Cobbo 15 runs 200 meters 10 tackles 3 missed

These boys are our top 3, Carrigan played an insane 80 min stint this can never be undersold as a middle, but Willison almost matched him in attack on only a 43 min stint, crazy work by the kid in the time he was on.

3. Patty. Ironman, insane game. Carrying the team in the absence of Reynolds and Hass
2. Willison - brilliance from X man. Ideal impact forward. Will be an absolute behemoth in the future
1. Staggs. Had a great game, many runs back into the defence with venom.

Shoutout to Jensen. Really good opening stint, making good metres and getting quick play the balls. I thought he had a great game.

With Kobe sweeping in picking up all the work. Can get Haas and Carrigans minutes down and still dominate. Incredible, absolutely incredible forward pack that would be. Jensen has been unreal this year as well. Just has this feel of elevated quality again. I think Kev will go for the back at 17 for a fair bit longer but Haas,Jensen, Carrigan, Hetho, Willison is a must. What happens with that 17 between Oatesy and Te Kura is up to Kev’s discretion but the other 5 are a MUST and have all very much earned and proved they are a MUST over the course of this season, careers and the off-season. They are the core 5 of the forward pack. Baker isn’t a bad bloke to have as depth but he is not in our 17. Te Kura will round out that forward pack so orgasmicalyy but I can understand the desire for a back at 17.

To me it tells Kev that he needs to make sure Willison/Hetho can play back up second rower and Piakura can cover the centres comfortably. Obviously Selwyn covers FB and Walters halves. If he can sort those 2 positions out from those 2 with Te Kura at 17 I will cream my jocks every single weekend from that middle rotation. Holy fucking heckers. I can’t wait to see the 6 of them in action as a unit.
I don't know if hethrington is a must for me anymore. I'm a big fan of his, I really am, but he doesn't beat jensen for consistency and he won't beat te kura or willison for impact or even work rate. I really, really think he should have a chat to the coaching staff to put his hand up for an edge cover role, learn 2nd row as much as possible. Not saying he goes there every game or becomes an 80 minute option or anything, but if he can become a viable injury cover at 2nd row throughout a game his value suddenly doubles in my opinion.

Having said that, I'm really impressed with hunt. Absolute bargain buy and has erased concerns about our edge cover (although we still need 1 more 2nd rower in our squad next year i think)

I don't know if hethrington is a must for me anymore. I'm a big fan of his, I really am, but he doesn't beat jensen for consistency and he won't beat te kura or willison for impact or even work rate. I really, really think he should have a chat to the coaching staff to put his hand up for an edge cover role, learn 2nd row as much as possible. Not saying he goes there every game or becomes an 80 minute option or anything, but if he can become a viable injury cover at 2nd row throughout a game his value suddenly doubles in my opinion.

Having said that, I'm really impressed with hunt. Absolute bargain buy and has erased concerns about our edge cover (although we still need 1 more 2nd rower in our squad next year i think)
I think he most definitely is a must. He is a very good player and covers Lock and front row. Like you said if he can learn 2nd row you beauty cause we can **** Oatesy off to reserve grade and play Te Kura. But one thing is for sure is that he is a must for the balance of that forward pack. Think you replace Haas with Baker last night it would have been one of the most complete forward rotation games I have ever seen. Carrigan, Jensen, Hetho, Willison all had 8.5+/10 games imo. They were all excellent. You put Payne into that and all of a sudden you have a perfect forward pack. You then put Te Kura in on top of that and all of a sudden your forward pack just becomes unfair.

Voting is closed and with a total of 56 votes (91.8%), BHQ's Man of the Match for Round 6 is Patrick Carrigan.

NRL2024BHQMOTMRound6

Xavier Willison coming second with 46 votes (75.4%), and Selwyn Cobbo coming third with 23 votes (37.7%).

LEADERBOARD AFTER ROUND 6

NRL2024BHQPOTYLeaderboardRound6

You've got to be happy when Payne Haas can't make your top 10!

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • kman
  • Canga
  • Allo
  • Rambstien
  • Painin the Haas
  • Sproj
  • Dash
  • Hurrijo
  • bert_lifts
  • Galah
  • MrRobot
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.