BHQ RL Poll Results - Players

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
He did.

136 tacklebreaks.

6 more than Hayne and Mansour missed a few games as well.

Not that I'm a fanboy or anything...

I totally am.

Still can't believe Souths let him walk and kept Talanoa.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Who is the Most Over-Rated Player in the Game?

23 votes for this one. The winner managed to receive 5 votes from BHQ. Personally I think he should have got 10 but for some reason he hardly ever does.

1401410358621.jpg-620x349.jpg

Josh Reynolds at his favourite hangout, the judiciary.

Other Votes
Mitchell Pearce, ASADA cheat - 3
Farah - 2
Hayne, Norman, Boyd, Inglis, McManus, Mullen, Thaiday, Tomkins - 1

My Verdict: I voted Reynolds. He's the NRL's answer to Scott Muller. Has virtually no talent and gets by on hyper aggression.

My WTF were they smoking vote: Greg Inglis & Jarryd Hayne. I know they get a lot of raps but they do far more to live up to them than so many other players.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
[MENTION=1917]Ari Gold[/MENTION]

Super harsh on Scott Muller. I went to plenty of shield games mid-late 90s early 2000s and he was definitely world class. I remember he knocked over a set Tendulkar in a First class game with a jaffa. His prickly personality didn't mesh with Warne - hence not given enough deserved opportunity in Australian team.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
@Ari Gold

Super harsh on Scott Muller. I went to plenty of shield games mid-late 90s early 2000s and he was definitely world class. I remember he knocked over a set Tendulkar in a First class game with a jaffa. His prickly personality didn't mesh with Warne - hence not given enough deserved opportunity in Australian team.

It wasn't so much a comparison of their abilities, it was a reference to the "can't bowl, can't throw" tag. Which is basically Reynolds. Can't pass, can't kick (well, the ball at least. He goes alright at kicking players).

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
@Ari Gold

Yeah

I feel Muller cops it hard and unfairly as well. He took 7 wickets in his 2 tests and over 100 at 23 in his shield career, these are pretty good stats by any standard. He was probably very lucky to make it though as he was picked over Brett Lee, Andy Bichel and Michael Kasprowicz. Not the best player to wear a baggy green but far from the worst.

Last edited:
Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
Did I just see parker get voted as being better than Burgess?

I know this is a Broncos forum and all, but come on....Burgess is one of the best forwards we'll ever see. He scores a tonne of tries, makes 30+ tackles a game, makes 20+ fantastic hitups a game, offloads almost as much, and makes line breaks galore. He's an absolute machine and I would trade our entire forward pack for him.

Parker is great, but Burgess is on a whole other level to him and any other second rower/lock in the game.

Burgess (23 games)

Tries: 10
Try Assists: 2
Line Breaks: 12
Line Break Assists: 5
Offloads: 52
Tackle Breaks: 61
Tackles: 760
Hit Ups: 452

Parker (21 games)

Tries: 0
Try Assists: 4
Line Breaks: 0
Line Break Assists: 8
Offloads: 69
Tackle Breaks: 22
Tackles: 619
Hit Ups: 351

Their stats are like chalk and cheese. Yes I know stats don't paint the whole picture, especially with Parker, but Burgess is just insane that he does that much more work and is still more effective.

Last edited:
Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013
I was someone who picked Burgess in the lock category but have no issue with Parker winning in a landslide on a Broncos fan forum.

Mind you i also voted for James Graham as prop, Trent Hodkinson as goal kicker and Sam Thaiday as overrated so i'm not tracking well to the general consensus.

Promise it wasnt me who voted for Farah though, im not that crazy.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Woah! most people picked parker over burgess on a broncos fan forum. What a fucking outrage

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
Woah! most people picked parker over burgess on a broncos fan forum. What a ****ing outrage
well I like to think that people can be objective when voting for the best players in the league, but i guess thats asking too much?

Burgess was, IMO, the best player this year overall. him first, daylight second, thurston/hayne third.

Last edited:
Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
I thought Thurston as goalkicker was much worse.

Brace yourself AP, some people voted Copley for best centre!

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I pointed out that Daniel Vidot ran for over 4000m in the Broncos stat thread - the second most of any player.

The most was Sam Burgess at 4,091m.

I'm not sure if rule changes have affected those stats as it seems odd that no other player had broken past the 4000m mark since Price in 07 (4,200m+ by the by) yet three did this year (the other being Hayne who averaged the most of any player)

Putting Parker's average of 153m x 21 games he played comes up with a total of 3,213m total. More than 800m less than Burgess and Sam only played two more games than Parker.

However it's also worth noting that the award includes previous seasons.

In 2013, Corey Parker made the second most running metres at 3,115m - Sam wasn't even in the top 10.

Second in most Hit-Ups/Runs at 399.

He made the seventh most tackles with 926 tackles.

Most offloads of any player at 66.

Sam didn't rate in any category and he only played two less games than Parker did all season.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
Brace yourself AP, some people voted Copley for best centre!
oh god lol.

Wonder how many votes Boyd will poll for fullback of the year lol. Or will it be Barba because we're on a Broncos fan site? Hodges will probably win it actually.

EDIT: Big Pete - the poll wasnt just this year? If so i can definitely see a very strong case for Parker. 2014 alone? not a chance. Burgess has had an incredible year.

Last edited:
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Did you actually contribute to the tally at all AP?

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
Nope lol. looks like it wouldn't have made a difference anyway, most looked to have been blowouts.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Poll was from 2013 onwards except for coach which I made a career thing.

Best player in the game was the closest tally from memory. Of the positions left fullback was the closest.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
A shame.

Originally I was under the same impression as you and thought it was based purely on 2014 but Ari re-iterated this...

I asked respondents to only base their views on performances going back 2013

and suddenly my pick for Semi Radradra as best winger didn't look so crash-hot. :laugh:

In fact, I don't think any Broncos were among my votes.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Who is the most exciting player in the game?

25 votes for this one, which saw the winner take 8 votes, 1 more than the runner up. Our winner...

Other Votes
Shaun Johnson - 7
Greg Inglis - 4
Jarryd Hayne - 3
Jonathan Thurston - 2
James Tedesco - 1

My Verdict: I obviously voted for SJ, but Milford is still a very worthy winner. Of course, he's in our colours next year, which makes him all the more exciting.

My WTF Moment: Ari Gold for not including Inglis as an option, forcing those 4 who did vote for him to do so as "other". Hopefully that didn't alter things too much, but I think being the only Bronco on the list, Milford was always going to win.

Last edited by a moderator:

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.