Kevin Walters*
(1989-99)
22 Games (11 as reserve)
10 Wins, 12 Losses
3 Tries

*Also shortlisted as an Utility

The one, and only. THE KING.

180px-Wally_Lewis.jpg

As amazing as Lockyer is, Wally Lewis was really the best origin player ever.

Anyone who doesnt vote for The King deserves to be shot.

the King...but didn't we already do this one? eusa_think

Wally 'The King' Lewis. Nothing more needs to be said!

3 votes for Lockyer....bahahaahahahhahahahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahaahahahahahaha.

Kids....pull your pants up and get an education.

LOL @ Mick.

I voted for Peter Jackson. I felt sorry for him not getting a vote in the centres :P

Coxy said:
LOL @ Mick.

I voted for Peter Jackson. I felt sorry for him not getting a vote in the centres :P

Neither did Shaun Berrigan doesn't mean I am going to vote for the guy at halfback [eusa_naugh

Ben Ikin ftw. NOT

ALL HAIL LEWIS.

WALLY LEWIS....daylight second

Hammo said:
3 votes for Lockyer....bahahaahahahhahahahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahaahahahahahaha.

How many people here actually saw Lewis play an origin game though (as in saw him play live, at the game or on tv)? If you'd never seen him play, I could understand people voting for Lockyer. And if you have never seen him play SOO live, why should you be voting for him as you have nothing to base your opinion on other than other peoples opinions and a few highlights. I'm sure I've even seen a few good highlights from Shane Perry.

bigstim179 said:
Hammo said:

How many people here actually saw Lewis play an origin game though (as in saw him play live, at the game or on tv)? If you'd never seen him play, I could understand people voting for Lockyer. And if you have never seen him play SOO live, why should you be voting for him as you have nothing to base your opinion on other than other peoples opinions and a few highlights. I'm sure I've even seen a few good highlights from Shane Perry.

The very first Origin game i went to was Wally Lewis' last in QLD. He was amazing

bigstim179 said:
Hammo said:

They have these marvelous new inventions these days called "DVD players". Apparently all you do is put a round disk into a tray and you can see moving pictures in the big box most people have in their living room! Now what I'm getting at is, apparently at the local "DVD" shop you can buy "DVD's" of these Maroons and that Wally lewis chap so you may see how well he played! Isn't that extraordinary!

Hmm something is wrong with my browser or something, it's not giving me the option to vote.

My vote goes to the king of course.

Frank the Tank said:
if you dont have any idea who these players are or how they played you shouldnt be voting in a poll named 'GREATEST EVER QLD State of Origin xxxx'. its greatest ever, not 'greatest that youve seen lately'.

Exactly. I'm sure the people voting for Darren Lockyer never saw Wally Lewis play. How could anyone who have seen both seriously vote for anyone other than the king?

I also wonder when teams like this get picked whether people base their votes on the games people played at that particular level, or purely how good a player they are as a whole. Some people are exceptional club players, but have rarely performed at higher levels, yet they seem to get picked in "teams of the x" based on their abilities as a player, not the fact they ever peformed in that x team.

I'm sure I saw a thread recently on here that was talking about the Broncos best ever players, and Lewis was mentioned as the best 5/8th they've ever had. Lewis was a great player, but not neccessairly for the Broncos - I wouldn't say he gave more to the Broncos than some of the subsequent 5/8th they've had.

Frank the Tank said:
if you dont have any idea who these players are or how they played you shouldnt be voting in a poll named 'GREATEST EVER QLD State of Origin xxxx'. its greatest ever, not 'greatest that youve seen lately'.

So, Stu, how did you go in the highly difficult choice of who to pick for Qld's wingers and how did you reach a decision regarding your in-depth knowledge of Kerry Boustead's game? [icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BroncoFan94
  • Broncosgirl
  • john1420
  • Foordy
  • Xzei
  • ChewThePhatt
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Manofoneway
  • Galah
  • Johnny92
  • Tmac
  • Battler
  • Painin the Haas
  • Dash
  • abashii
  • Sproj
  • Brotherdu
  • FACTHUNT
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.