Biggest loss from this years roster

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Out of all the players we are losing now the 2017 season is finished for us, which player will we look back on in 3 or 4 years time regret letting them go.

For me, it will be Arrow. Seriously underrated on here. I think he has been really good for us this year, just not spectacular. Capable of playing big minutes, has a good offload and is a really good defender. The more first grade he plays, the better he will get.

I'll call it now, he will be playing Origin in 3 years time :D

Moga.

lol

it might pay to add a list of losses for the year though, to give us the full picture (slack for remembering every single player)

Ben Hunt. Not because he is irreplaceable but because we have yet done anything about replacing him.

Ese Ese was starting to look like a real talent also. Not sure if his trajectory will continue else where but he could have done a great job here next season.

Ese E for sure. Decent young Forwards with size are just so rare to the broncos. Hunt as well but he never exorcised those GF demons, needed a change.

You know you're in trouble when Corvo gives up on trying to get Milford to a good playing weight.

Hunt for ability, arrow for development. I get bird is a great player now and can still improve, but I would have done without him to keep arrow and esesse (not saying to pay them the difference though). Whatever extra was left could have gone into funding a good half (every little bit helps). Hopefully he makes me feel silly for saying so, now that its done.
Dodds (unluckily with injury) and mead were players that could have been moved on. Mead has under-performed all year, though to his credit, performed his best game in a losing final.

Can people enlighten me on why corvo is such a great loss?

He was there in 2014 when we weren't fit, we get Hickmans in then suddenly we are fit for 2015. Even if he can be credited for 2015 fitness hasn't exactly been our strength this year. We lose because we don't play for the full 80 with dramatic drop offs in intensity seen for 20 minutes letting in 3-4 tries, if this isn't an indicator that our fitness is a weakness then I don't know what would be... we needed a change in that department, and out of the 2 hickman has a much better record, even the storms fitness has improved since corvo left...

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • scobie
  • Alec
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • Jazza
  • Sproj
  • FACTHUNT
  • lakers133334
  • Aldo
  • Bucking Beads
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Hurrijo
  • Ozired
  • Maddy
  • Brocko
  • whykickamoocow
  • BroncosAlways
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.