Blair ought to be acquitted

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
Shoulder Charge - A defender who runs at a ball-carrier and, without attempting to tackle, grab or hold the ball-carrier, charges to make contact with the shoulder or with the upper arm (tucked into the side) is guilty of an infringement.

He clearly wraps the left arm around the ball carrier. NOT GUILTY!

Let's see how good our legal team is.

I think he has a chance to get it downgraded.

In fact if I were the Broncos, I'd be in the Supreme Court of NSW seeking a declaration and an injunction against the NRL seeking to enforce that ridiculous charge.

Let's see how good our legal team is.

I think he has a chance to get it downgraded.

Not downgraded mate. Just acquitted. What he did does not fall within the definition of a 'shoulder charge'.

There is more to the rule than what is stated in the rulebook.

I don't think Blair has much of a case.

Just take the plea and be done with it.

We will find out later on tonight why Blair was hit with that charge.

Last edited:
There is more to the rule than what is stated in the rulebook.

I don't think Blair has much of a case.

Just take the plea and be done with it.

We will find out later on tonight why Blair was hit with that charge.

Sorry mate. As a lawyer, I completely disagree with you. The term is defined. It's set in stone. The MRC doesn't get to redefine things simply because it suits.

He not only has a case. I reckon he's got a damn good one.

The code isn't the relevant document. The rule book is the relevant document.

MRC have charged him without reading the rule book.

It was a dog shot though. Late and unneccesary and completely off the ball. He could have pulled out or braced for the impact.

Take the 2 weeks and move on. Good test for Wallace.

Wasn't shown on TV, but when he walked past Myles on the bench in front of us, Myles had some choice words for him. Blair turned to say something then left it.

Whether it fits the charge ... the NSWRL judiciary with a vested interest in having at least 1 Sydney club in the GF will ensure there's some bullshit played out tonight. Probably walk out of there with 8 weeks.

Didn't the MRC change the head butt definition to clear Hayne.

Shit even Lewis and Hadley can see it wasn't a shoulder charge. Wrong charge lolz

It was a dog shot though. Late and unneccesary and completely off the ball. He could have pulled out or braced for the impact.

Take the 2 weeks and move on. Good test for Wallace.

Wasn't shown on TV, but when he walked past Myles on the bench in front of us, Myles had some choice words for him. Blair turned to say something then left it.

Whether it fits the charge ... the NSWRL judiciary with a vested interest in having at least 1 Sydney club in the GF will ensure there's some bullshit played out tonight. Probably walk out of there with 8 weeks.

'Dog shot' isn't in the rule book.

If you want to charge him with contrary conduct ok, but that's not the charge. The charge is grade 2 shoulder charge and what he did isn't a shoulder charge.

Why take the two weeks with 60 something carryover when you have a good charge of being acquitted?

Shit even Lewis and Hadley can see it wasn't a shoulder charge. Wrong charge lolz

Dead right!

yes they did , then once the hearing was over they changed the rule back to what it was.....but there's no conspiracy.

It was not blatantly late and was definitely not a shoulder charge, unless they're saying he's charging at Elgey's shoulder...

Unfortunately, that's the best resolution I can get, but it illustrates why the Broncos should fight the charge:

1438055470.png

Anyone calling that a shoulder charge is off their rocks!

That photo shows that even contact with the head is unintentional and just a head clash.

The club should challenge and they should take that footage in slow motion to the MRC and tell them to either change the rule to be consistent with their decision and do away with solid contact altogether regardless of the arms being wrapped or they should shove their charge up their fat asses.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Big Del
  • Fozz
  • Brocko
  • Battler
  • Foordy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Allo
  • Browny
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Santa
  • bb_gun
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.