Bloody Thursdays!

animal eater

animal eater

QCup Player
Jul 27, 2013
https://www.broncos.com.au/draw/

I don't know about you folks, but I do not like Thursday games one bit. I just had a look at the 2018 draw to find the Broncos have 7 of them this year. To me footy is great on the weekends. While Fridays are my favourites, I don't mind Saturday or Sunday. I just loathe the Thursday games. It is very un-weekend like. At the back end of the season, they get 4 Thursdays in a row.

I guess channel 9 is heavily reliant on making Thursdays a money earner and hence why we have so many this year. Shits me.

badyon

badyon

QCup Player
Feb 8, 2014
The footy should be weekends. Thursday nights are fucked for kids and workers with early Friday starts.

I do like Friday 7pm kick offs during the Mexican daylight savings periods, however.

Maybe getting too old these days, but usually passed out -- one way or another -- by 9pm during the work week.

B

Broncs_Fan

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2015
https://www.broncos.com.au/draw/

I don't know about you folks, but I do not like Thursday games one bit. I just had a look at the 2018 draw to find the Broncos have 7 of them this year. To me footy is great on the weekends. While Fridays are my favourites, I don't mind Saturday or Sunday. I just loathe the Thursday games. It is very un-weekend like. At the back end of the season, they get 4 Thursdays in a row.

I guess channel 9 is heavily reliant on making Thursdays a money earner and hence why we have so many this year. Shits me.

I agree. Thursday games are the pits.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
I don't mind Thursday night games. I get the feeling the weekend has started early when there is a Thursday night game on. If it's the Broncos playing and they win it gives the 'feel good' factor an extra day to linger whereas if they have a loss I'm usually over it by Saturday and so my whole weekend is not ruined. Thursday night games means we have to take a big hit on gate takings as many kids are unable to make it, but it can mean the boys get one and sometimes two days extra recovery time. Overall I'd rather four nights of league than three or even two if you go back further.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Thursdays are fucked if you're a season ticket holder.

The game starts at 8pm... 3hrs after most people finish work. The **** you gonna do before the game go home and then come straight back in or stay in town for 3 hours. Fucking ridiculous

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016

The game starts at 8pm... 3hrs after most people finish work. The **** you gonna do before the game go home and then come straight back in or stay in town for 3 hours. Fucking ridiculous
You can have dinner somewhere, have a couple at the Caxton and then enter the ground at 7pm and watch some ISC action. Sounds like a lovely night out.

B

Broncs_Fan

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2015

Agree. The NRL want people to become season ticket holders but at the same time they treat them with contempt with Thursday games that are purely scheduled for TV.

Game finishes at 10:00 pm. You get home from 11:00 pm onwards. That's a late night when work is the next day.

animal eater

animal eater

QCup Player
Jul 27, 2013
You can bet the players won't be thrilled either.

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
Thu nite footy is a total shit

I am happy to take my fair share if we have to have it at all, but 1/3 of the season?

That's rubbish

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
I like Thursday night football.

BronxFoLife

BronxFoLife

BRL Player
Dec 11, 2016
I don't mind when the Broncs play a Thursday because it's one less day of waiting. But being a 3:45 am riser it makes it tough.

Horseheadsup

Horseheadsup

NRL Player
Mar 21, 2016
Thursday is better than Monday. But not as good as Thaiday.

animal eater

animal eater

QCup Player
Jul 27, 2013
Everyone likes to watch the Broncos. I get that but can any of you say that you would prefer a Thursday over Fri/Sat or Sun?

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Everyone likes to watch the Broncos. I get that but can any of you say that you would prefer a Thursday over Fri/Sat or Sun?

I like a mixture. Sometimes I want to do other things on the weekend.

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • theshed
  • bb_gun
  • Mustafur
  • Painin the Haas
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.