COMBAT Boxing / MMA Thread

He was giving Fundora a touch up before the cut. His percentages were far better. Sure Fundora lands a punch to give that cut fair play but he didn’t it was pure accident and he had the ascendency from there. With a 9 inch reach advantage and the state Tszyu was in it was only going one way. I agree Fundora should have won but I dont put that down to being the classier fighter. They could fight again in a week and he would get towelled up.
He doesn't land a punch, Tzuyu thrusts into his elbow. Totally accidental but changed the fight. Probably easy to do when his guard is level with Tzuyu's head.

Lesson here dont take a 6'6 southpaw on 12 days notice

Nope, lesson here is you can plan for any fight style but you can't plan for altered vision. Shit happens.

He was towelling him up before the cut. Longer camp and prep doesn’t change the cut. Tszyu gives him a touch up without that happening.

Did us Aussies proud and still went toe to toe with him after being heavily disadvantaged. He put it all on the line with the 12 days notice, sometimes you deserve a bit more luck than that. Has the rematch clause he will be the title holder again soon.

Disagree. I think Tzuyu was in charge early on, once that cut started pissing and effecting his vision, he could only wait for perfect counterpunch opportunities. Eating 5 jabs for one timed counter - never going to win on points when you're doing that.

Tzuyu wins that comfortably without that cut IMO.

I dont think Tim could work him out tbh, i dont think on this occasion he would have won this fight even if he wasnt cut. While i think he is good at what he does, he's very one dimensional. Talk of him fighting Crawford or Spence Jnr was madness. Both of those guys would have taken him apart imo.

Nope, lesson here is you can plan for any fight style but you can't plan for altered vision. Shit happens.
What was the plan? Sit mid range and try wing a right hook?

I dont think Tim could work him out tbh, i dont think on this occasion he would have won this fight even if he wasnt cut. While i think he is good at what he does, he's very one dimensional. Talk of him fighting Crawford or Spence Jnr was madness. Both of those guys would have taken him apart imo.

We'll agree to disagree, I think the first couple of rounds showed Tzuyu very much had a plan and it was working to a T. Look at the punches landed early on. It was only I think, round 8 or 9, that Fundora started winning that stat - by which point Tzuyu was wiping his eyes every 30 seconds. I think Crawford would be a very tough fight for him agreed but Crawford is next level.

What was the plan? Sit mid range and try wing a right hook?
Like any fighter with a massive wingspan, wait for the jab and counter inside his reach. He was doing that well early on. He stopped doing that because he could no longer see properly. That's why he had to start eating more jabs because he had to wear some before he could counter. Because he had blood constantly in his eyes. I mean you just have to rewatch some of the later rounds (not having a go) to see Tzuyu wiping his eyes/brow every 30 seconds. It's not unreasonable to suggest that being more of an issue than a guy being 6'6 (and the cut being a result of an errant elbow, not a calculated shot that opened them clean).

I'm no Tzuyu fanboy but early on he had Fundora, the cut changed everything. I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that if you look at the stats on punches thrown/landed and the early rounds belonging to Tzuyu.

Tszyu had that fight until the cat. Fundora fought smart from that point on and used his reach advantage well.

If that cut doesn’t happen, different result I reckon.

I'll be keen to see the rematch and what Tszyu does with a proper prep tbh. The fact he managed to keep it close despite the cut, is promising.

The lesson is here is you let the doctor stop it after round 2 and fight another day. He couldn't see shit for 10 rounds and his pride lost him the belts.
Now the Americans will try their hardest to avoid giving him a rematch straight away so they can shift the titles from Fundora to Spence/Crawford and thus deny him their rematch.

He'll get his rematch. I doubt No Limit are that amateur they didn't have a rematch clause inserted. The Americans will never give him respect until he knocks a few of them out.

Think they confirmed the rematch is there when tim is ready and likely in australia,was a bit of shit talk immediately after about him having to fight someone else first but all shit talk lol

He'll get his rematch. I doubt No Limit are that amateur they didn't have a rematch clause inserted. The Americans will never give him respect until he knocks a few of them out.
WBO has already ordered Crawford as the mandatory for that belt.

This shit cracks me up.
Poatan is a badass and super awesome dude by all acounts.

That BMF fight was the best mma fight I’ve seen by a long margin. Both Max and Justin are absolute weapons.

Poatan can be the first 3 weight class champion. Walks around at heavyweight.

Active Now

• FGfrom50
  • Manofoneway
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mr Fourex
  • Xzei
  • ivanhungryjak
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Wolfie
  • Tmac
  • GCBRONCO
  • FACTHUNT
  • lynx000
  • Griffo
  • broncos4life
  • BroncosAlways
  • Financeguy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Foordy
  • Maroon4life
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.