Brisbane Broncos: 2018 NRL Season Preview

We will be top 4.

Top 4: Storm, Roosters, Broncos & Cowboys
Bottom 4: Parra, Dragons Knights and Sharks.
Battle of the spoon: Penrith/Titans maybe Warriors pending injuries.

We will be top 4.

Top 4: Storm, Roosters, Broncos & Cowboys
Bottom 4: Parra, Dragons Knights and Sharks.
Battle of the spoon: Penrith/Titans maybe Warriors pending injuries.

I don't think the Knights will be top eight, some people are a bit too enthusiastic about their chances this year, it will take a few years for them to become consistently not spoon contenders/actual contenders.

Something doesn't feel quite right to me about this season, but for some commentators to suggest we won't make the eight is taking the piss, as usual. 4-5 seems realistic to me.

Confident we will be in finals contentions. Depends how Macca goes but most worrying our halves, if we dont fire we will be bottom 8 or less.

Sure they are talented, but both dont have game management skills (yet), kicking game isnt the best, would prob make 40 metres on the 5th tackle so expect us to defend more in our half, and passing game.. they cant throw good flat cutout passes, just floaters. Someone like Benji could throw great spirals, even Pearce.

And if they move Boyd at 6, then thats the worst move of all. people comparing him to Locky in his transition have no idea. Locky was a natural ball player and had a massive kicking game. Boys does not, he cant kick (just the little grubber on set plays), and he cant pass besides his sweeping backplay cutout pass which isnt a fast spiral.

Confident we will be in finals contentions. Depends how Macca goes but most worrying our halves, if we dont fire we will be bottom 8 or less.

Sure they are talented, but both dont have game management skills (yet), kicking game isnt the best, would prob make 40 metres on the 5th tackle so expect us to defend more in our half, and passing game.. they cant throw good flat cutout passes, just floaters. Someone like Benji could throw great spirals, even Pearce.

And if they move Boyd at 6, then thats the worst move of all. people comparing him to Locky in his transition have no idea. Locky was a natural ball player and had a massive kicking game. Boys does not, he cant kick (just the little grubber on set plays), and he cant pass besides his sweeping backplay cutout pass which isnt a fast spiral.

It's about Milf and Niko doing what works for them, playing to their strengths and the strengths of their team mates, ala Hunt and Milf in '15. We have all the pieces of the puzzle, if we can put it together consistently, we will be contenders. In my opinion, the most important thing is back up play, it's Milf's specialty. The pack is the most exciting it's been in years, plenty of x factor in Roberts, Bird, Milf and even Lodge and TPJ. Our spine needs to get the balance right in terms of game management, sharing the responsibilities and taking the opportunities when they come and we'll be right.

it astounds me people think we'll miss the 8.

Not that shocking. People (read: NSW) have been deathriding us for years. They thought we wouldn't do well last year as well. Strange that all these "experts" think we're shoe ins to miss the 8 yet we're paying 2.75 with the bookies to finish top 4.

Worse than bottom 8?

Worse than bottom 8?

Sorry when i say bottom 8, i reckon 7th 8th... im worried about our halves, we need a dominant half, atm its 2 running halves who play on instinct who no game management. Hoping they mature under Kevvie

This Fox article has us finishing below the Knights - Knights 9th, us 10th

I mean come on!

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/1bf088adea799d05289d7a7d56bc8328

Fox also has an article up right now continuing the shit stirring over Lodge. I'm not sure what's worse the insincerity itself or how obvious they allow it to be. I never heard this much high horse outrage when the Dragons gave Packer a lifeline. It couldn't possibly be because it's the Broncos who he will line up for.

it astounds me people think we'll miss the 8.

It shocks me this year although it hasn't in the past. We are easily better than half the comp this year.

It shocks me this year although it hasn't in the past. We are easily better than half the comp this year.
I could understand if the center, half and prop we lost were equivalent to Inglis, Cronk and Matt Scott, but shit, we've upgraded on Moga, I think we'll see an upgrade on Blair with Lodge, and while I do think we will miss some characteristics Hunt brought to the side, it's not as if Nikorima is too dissimilar to him in how he plays (plus we have a good record with him as it is).

It's just baffling to me that people consider those losses so significant that we'll tumble out of the 8

I still scratch my head about what exactly we have lost with Blair? If this was after 2015, I'd completely agree he is a loss but 2016 on, I'm really not sure what he offered other than being a grub?

I still scratch my head about what exactly we have lost with Blair? If this was after 2015, I'd completely agree he is a loss but 2016 on, I'm really not sure what he offered other than being a grub?
Every now and then he was capable of a decent performance - Lodge is a few years removed from the week in week out grind of the NRL, even if he did do well at state cup level. Plenty of players have killed it there and failed to replicate it in the top grade, so while I think it's likely he will be an upgrade, he has to prove it.

I swear these 'Predictors' have the IQ of a bindi.

b88407715z1_20161104165106_000ggrcjnm02-0-24nr1ezbmbvzr8sa6n2_t677.jpg

What's wrong with her IQ? She seems quite intelligent. ;)

Active Now

• thenry
  • Big Del
  • lynx000
  • Fatboy
  • Skathen
  • Harry Sack
  • Spoon
  • Broncosgirl
  • Battler
  • Jazza
  • Financeguy
  • sooticus
  • Pablo
  • trugo bronco
  • Justwin
  • teampjta
  • broncsgoat
  • Sproj
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.