OPINION Broncos are winning the 2023 NRL Premiership

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
That was a huge win tonight... We need about 2 more wins to basically guarantee a top 4 and we just put a dent in one of the top 4 hopefuls.

- Rorters next week at home is very winnable,
- Parra at home in a couple weeks is very winnable,
- Raiders away is also winnable if we can beat the weather
- Storm at Suncorp... dare I say it is winnable.. if the ref can just let us play

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
On my table, both results tonight have gone as expected according to my calculations. We are still not guaranteed finals yet but seriously, we are in the realms of mathematical improbability now.

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
On my table, both results tonight have gone as expected according to my calculations. We are still not guaranteed finals yet but seriously, we are in the realms of mathematical improbability now.
What!?!? How is it not guaranteed already!?! Lol show me a senario were we don't make the 8!

Or maybe don't....

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
What!?!? How is it not guaranteed already!?! Lol show me a senario were we don't make the 8!

Or maybe don't....

Even with the bye, we lose every remaining game and by a margin to drop us below whoever is coming in F/A, these teams can still go past us:
Penrith
Storm
Raiders
Warriors
Sharks
Eels
Cowboys
Knights

But honestly, it is ALMOST impossible for the Knights to do it...but they can. However, any loss means they can't. Dolphins can also tie us on points if they win everything AND fix their F/A...but these two teams also play each other, so only one can go past.

MrTickyMcG

MrTickyMcG

QCup Player
Jun 3, 2021
Huge win tonight and almost changed my attitude towards our team. I am happy to concede that we may be a possibility of potentially announcing ourselves quietly as one of the contenders. Sure, it sounds arrogant to say that, but I truly believe that we are in consideration to be worthy of somewhere close to that tag.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
That was a huge win tonight... We need about 2 more wins to basically guarantee a top 4 and we just put a dent in one of the top 4 hopefuls.

- Rorters next week at home is very winnable,
- Parra at home in a couple weeks is very winnable,
- Raiders away is also winnable if we can beat the weather
- Storm at Suncorp... dare I say it is winnable.. if the ref can just let us play
First two should be bankers if we are serious.

Canberra away isn't straight forward but should be able to grind out a win.

Melbourne will **** us over somehow but we only need to beat them once - in the finals.

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
Even with the bye, we lose every remaining game and by a margin to drop us below whoever is coming in F/A, these teams can still go past us:
Penrith
Storm
Raiders
Warriors
Sharks
Eels
Cowboys
Knights

But honestly, it is ALMOST impossible for the Knights to do it...but they can. However, any loss means they can't. Dolphins can also tie us on points if they win everything AND fix their F/A...but these two teams also play each other, so only one can go past.
Sigh. Forcing me to cheer for the Storm againt the Knights this weekend. Not cool 😑

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
IHuge win tonight and almost changed my attitude towards our team. I am happy to concede that we may be a possibility of potentially announcing ourselves quietly as one of the contenders. Sure, it sounds arrogant to say that, but I truly believe that we are in consideration to be worthy of somewhere close to that tag.
It's ok, you can say it.

We're going to win the premiership, and nothing can stop us!!

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Actually…the Sea Eagles can also go past but I just think they are gone. if you ignore F/A… the Roosters and Titans can also level with us. But after this weekend, most of these options will be off the table. It really is basically impossible not to make the finals but there is still currently a chance.

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
Actually…the Sea Eagles can also go past but I just think they are gone. if you ignore F/A… the Roosters and Titans can also level with us. But after this weekend, most of these options will be off the table. It really is basically impossible not to make the finals but there is still currently a chance.
Bro.
Reaction GIF

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
Finals Is guaranteed because the log jam teams play each other multiple times. It's impossible for all of them to win every single game.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Finals Is guaranteed because the log jam teams play each other multiple times. It's impossible for all of them to win every single game.

Not impossible for one or two to do it, hence it being not impossible but as I said, extremely improbable.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
We've still got Cowboys in Townsville and they're in good form at the moment. Those Townsville trips are always very fucking difficult.

That's the game I worry about the most. If they put a score on us, what is that going to do to the confidence? We won't have the benefit of going up against a shit team the following week.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
We've still got Cowboys in Townsville and they're in good form at the moment. Those Townsville trips are always very fucking difficult.

That's the game I worry about the most. If they put a score on us, what is that going to do to the confidence? We won't have the benefit of going up against a shit team the following week.

They're beateable this year though, that much is for sure. If we show up and rattle them early, it could very easily be us that puts on a score. But yeah I'm having cold sweats about that game.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Big Del
  • mitch222
  • Ondi
  • Skathen
  • ChewThePhatt
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Fozz
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Strop
  • Financeguy
  • Foordy
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.