OPINION Broncos Backrower Bench hole

Should just cheat the cap. The storm may have copped a severe punishment for doing it but it gave them a winning aura that set them up for two decades of success (and the nrl will probably eventually give them their stripped titles back anyway).
I agree, except for the severe punishment bit.

I don't think having the premierships you cheated to win, taken away from you, and then be allowed to celebrate them anyway, is any form punishment at all, let alone severe.

Playing the next season for zero points is the only punishment they received, and that's nothing but a slap on the wrist. 1 write off year to set up 2 decades of sustained success. Any organisation would sign up for that in a heartbeat.

An actual punishment would have been that they had to play under the salary cap the amount they cheated it, for the number of years they cheated it. So something like half a million dollars under the cap for 5 years. That is a punishment.

They got f*ck all.

I see Bullemor has worked his way out of Manly's team, now the replacement. He has never really kicked on has he.
For every successful move away from Brisbane I reckon there are about 100 that would regret it career-wise. Maybe footy isn't his priority I suppose...

I see Bullemor has worked his way out of Manly's team, now the replacement. He has never really kicked on has he.
Same could be said about Keenan ATM at the titans.
It's a Shame really he signed to the titans months before Flegler signed to the phins.
I think if he knew Flegler was going he would of stayed because there was a path to a starting spot.

For every successful move away from Brisbane I reckon there are about 100 that would regret it career-wise. Maybe footy isn't his priority I suppose...
It isn’t from my knowledge. He is quite keen on a move into finance in Sydney. Already has a part time job whilst playing footy. Very bright kid from my understanding. Credit to him he gets to make a fair few bucks being young and hanging out with his mates whilst playing the game he loves whilst also having made the most of being quite an intelligent bloke. I’m personally surprised he is still playing the rumour mill a few years ago was that he wasn’t very far off quitting.

Juniors who have left in recent years to success and some of these are very debatable:
T.Boyd, Tino, Arrow, Collins, Dearden, Hunt (he was already great before he left to be fair)

Players who have stagnated or regressed:
Niu, Fifita, Bullemor, Drew, Hoffman, McGuire, McCullough, Su’A, Coates, Nikorima, Nikorima,

Too early to call:
Flegler, Farnworth, Palasia

Juniors who have left in recent years to success and some of these are very debatable:
T.Boyd, Tino, Arrow, Collins, Dearden, Hunt (he was already great before he left to be fair)

Niu, Fifita, Bullemor, Drew, Hoffman, McGuire, McCullough, Su’A, Coates, Nikorima, Nikorima,

Too early to call:
Agree with the list except...T Boyd is not a "success" story.

Too early to call:
Could also throw Norman, Kemp, Beale, Ash Taylor, Joe O, Allen, Hipgrave, Opacic, Pearson and probably a few more to those lists

Could also throw Norman, Kemp, Beale, Ash Taylor, Joe O, Allen, Hipgrave, Opacic, Pearson and probably a few more to those lists
They all definetly fit on 1 of the lists only haha

Too early to call:

Poor Milford, playing left-right-out again...

Too early to call:
Niu was terrible at the broncos and is serviceable at the Phins. I would say he made the right move going to the phins because he would be driving a forklift somewhere if he stayed at the broncos.

Isaako has been great at the Phins (not a junior).

Niu was terrible at the broncos and is serviceable at the Phins. I would say he made the right move going to the phins because he would be driving a forklift somewhere if he stayed at the broncos.

Isaako has been great at the Phins (not a junior).

Isaako was great for us on the wing too, he was just a terrible fullback, same as Hoffman, so even though he doesn't qualify not being our junior, I don't think he has improved at The, he has just accepted that he is in his best position. He won rookie of the year with us on the wing after all.

Isaako was great for us on the wing too, he was just a terrible fullback, same as Hoffman, so even though he doesn't qualify not being our junior, I don't think he has improved at The, he has just accepted that he is in his best position. He won rookie of the year with us on the wing after all.
Raises an interesting hypothetical, would Isaako get a start at the current broncos on the wing?

I’d actually say yes. I think he’d potentially push out Arthars on talent. Though Arthars gives us one back that isn’t a minimum 3 errors per game which is nice. Isaako wouldn’t do that

Too early to call:

I'd put Isaako in the success list. he's done well at the Phins. probably down to the fact that he has given up on fullback and gone all-in as a winger

I'd put Isaako in the success list. he's done well at the Phins. probably down to the fact that he has given up on fullback and gone all-in as a winger

The pressure attached at the back end of his broncos time would have crippled many successful NRL career players.

Updated:

T.Boyd, Tino, Arrow, Collins, Dearden, Hunt (he was already great before he left to be fair), Gagai, Molo, Wallace, T.Sims, Opacic,

Niu, Fifita, Bullemor, Drew, Hoffman, McGuire, McCullough, Su’A, Coates, Nikorima, Nikorima, Hipgrave, Sandwich (harsh but hey), Ofahengaue, Allan, Simpkin, Pearson

Too early to call:
Flegler, Farnworth, Palasia, Gray, Va'a

Again, so many of these are debatable but staying as opposed to leaving is definitely in our favour

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Wolfie
  • Morkel
  • DMZ
  • mrtij
  • Johnny92
  • LittleDavey
  • MrRobot
  • Foordy
  • Midean
  • Mr Fourex
  • pennywisealfie
  • MrTickyMcG
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • Tim K
  • Browny
  • Rookie Alan
  • eggstar10
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.