Broncos going to England for World Club Challenge

Wow, that's a heavy schedule before the season proper even starts.

Expanded WCC! YES!

Welp, at least we'll get to see them play sooner.

**** yeah, this sounds awesome. I only hope the boys are up to the longer season.

Sounds good, basically just some more trial games for the boys, except against better opposition, if all goes to plan hopefully we'll be more ready come Round 1 than 13 other NRL clubs.

This is really cool from a Broncos perspective but from a neutral perspective, I don't know if I like the idea of the Broncos, who could finish outside the 8, representing the NRL.

It just seems like we're riding off of somebody elses coat-tails.

Not to mention, the travel can generally hinder teams quite early in the season. I believe the WCC played it's part to our lethargic start in 07.

But like I said, as a Broncos fan, it sounds cool and more chances to watch the boys play in what should be a historic event is enough to drown out any objections I have.

Last edited:
This is exciting, more footy! While Broncos might not be the top of the ladder we are still an outstanding club and our inclusion will only benefit this competition.

This is really cool from a Broncos perspective but from a neutral perspective, I don't know if I like the idea of the Broncos, who could finish outside the 8, representing the NRL.

Not to mention, the travel can generally hinder teams quite early in the season. I believe the WCC played it's part to our lethargic start in 07.

But like I said, as a Broncos fan, it sounds cool and more chances to watch the boys play in what should be a historic event is enough to drown out any objections I have.

All valid points. Our ladder positioning thus season does make the legitimacy of our participation questionable. It would be far better if we were a more credible force this year.

However, we are one of the more high profile clubs with brand recognition on an international level. If it's beneficial to the growth of the sport on a greater level, I'm all for it.

I do hope it doesn't have too much if an impact on our season, but guess we'll see.

Ahhh the season is not over yet, hopefully we beat the storm, make the 8 and go deep in the finals and then any question mark over the legitimacy of our inclusion will be gone.

I personally don't like it. It'll be good to see a couple of extra Broncos games, but really, I'd rather they don't bust their arses for some meaningless show games. Especially when they also have the 9's, and remember they were rooted after that comp.

I don't see why they can't send a reserve grade side with a couple of the regulars to the 9's.

Good on the Broncos and Souths putting up their hand to go to England and promote the game over there when they know how tough the start of the season will be after this.
BTW when we win the comp this year they will have to find another team to travel

To be a bit of a Broncos snob, the Broncos are the biggest rugby league club in Australia (the world?), most members, most supported team in any code in Australia...

One from Qld (Broncos)
One from NSW (Souths)
Premiers

Good on the Broncos and Souths putting up their hand to go to England and promote the game over there when they know how tough the start of the season will be after this.
BTW when we win the comp this year they will have to find another team to travel

The travel might be hard. Or it might expose the team/the players to some high performance culture behaviours around sleep, eating, etc.

It might give them a bit of an edge for travel and away games in Sydney throughout the year.

And I've got to hand it to Crowe - he's got big ideas, and he's played in and been successful in the biggest entertainment industry in the world (Hollywood).

The thing is that people don't realise how "close" or relatively quickly the game could grow once that step change is initiated.

Dam you Australia, if only we had one code of football.

Active Now

• mrslong
  • broncos4life
  • HVbronco
  • Allo
  • Battler
  • Fozz
  • The Don
  • Robboi_321
  • Swordfish
  • Jedhead
  • Manofoneway
  • Spooky1013
  • Dash
  • Fatboy
  • sim0an
  • KateBroncos1812
  • winslow_wong
  • Culhwch
  • ivanhungryjak
  • theshed
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.