Broncos Hall of Fame.

Broncapz

Broncapz

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
The NRL is introducing a Hall of Fame, and that's got me thinking.

Is it time the Broncos introduced their own Hall of Fame?

With different criteria to be discussed.... how long must they have played/coached the club? How often are they inducted? etc etc. This will be a good chance for us to recognize players that have kicked ass and bled Bronco. For those that didn't quite make the NRL Hall of Fame, or might have a long wait to be inducted.

Generate media, attention, keep old bonds alive, get membership involvement. etc etc

Sounds like great idea maybe online and during Ekka have an exhibition or something. Or as a charity ball type event each year to induct new members...

First member must be Scott Minto.

They started one around 2004 I think. Alfie was the first inductee.

Sounds like great idea maybe online and during Ekka have an exhibition or something. Or as a charity ball type event each year to induct new members...

First member must be Scott Minto.

But that's it, first and last inductee, nowhere else to go.

I think it should be 200 games or 10 years service minimum to be considered for induction.

White inducted Wally and Miles a few years ago, throwing both those rules out.

I'm cool with that.

I also think captains should be an automatic inclusion, even acting ones. So that means Shane Walker and Alex Glenn get inducted.

White inducted Wally and Miles a few years ago, throwing both those rules out.
Well, he didn’t throw them out, he just made an exception if you believe Tony Durkin who wrote at the time
Like many people associated with the club - and a host of bewildered fans - White believed Wally and Geno should be Hall of Fame members. After all, without their signatures back in those foundation days it is highly unlikely the Broncos would have become such a powerhouse.
So the new boss broke the criteria code, and made an exception - just this once. And he will no doubt be admired and respected for his decision.

https://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/hall-fame-lewis-and-miles/1525160/

Inductees receive a bronze trophy of Lachlan Maranta jumping to get his fingertips to the oppositions drop goal attempt.

Durko is part of the selection panel and worked for the Broncos for a long time. Thrown out or exception does it really matter? I was accurate.

Well yeah...you are not accurate.

Thrown out means they're doing away with the original criteria for good. An exception means this one time and they'll be reverting back to it for future inductees.

Durko is part of the selection panel and worked for the Broncos for a long time. Thrown out or exception does it really matter? I was accurate.
Come on dude, you’re better than that. Thrown out means the rules are gone. An exception means the rules are still there, they just weren’t applied in this instance.

Thrown out means they're doing away with the original criteria for good. An exception means this one time and they'll be reverting back to it for future inductees.
You beat me to it...

Did it change the meaning? Where you sitting there wow no idea what he means by that? So confusing and bewildering. The point was clear and an answer to a question. To argue over the meaning of thrown out please.

Did it change the meaning? Where you sitting there wow no idea what he means by that? So confusing and bewildering. The point was clear and an answer to a question. To argue over the meaning of thrown out please.

I was not doing any of those things.

So what you mean is...White threw the rules out that one time...in other words he made an exception.

How bout we move on?

I love the concept of a Hall of Fame and in particular a Broncos one. Shame on the NRL for neglecting theirs for so long. I think it's monumentally dumb for them to release a pool of players only to whittle it down to 6. I get they want to foster some debate but it looks really silly.

What's your take on the Broncos HoF? Are you a fan of the criteria? Should it be thrown out completely or updated/revised? Is there a criteria you think should be on there but isn't?

As someone a lot closer to the club then I am, would love to get your thoughts on it.

Unread

Active Now

• Lostboy
  • Fozz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Mr Fourex
  • Foordy
  • thenry
  • Wolfie
  • Broncorob
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • KateBroncos1812
  • armchair
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.