Broncos New Coach

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
I am not one for staring threads very much, but I was pondering that if suddenly Bennett pulled the pin, who would be the best coach to replace him. In my view we have pulled the wrong reins twice in who we appointed in the time after he left last time.

Do we go down the path of appointing an assistant again to the main role, if so, is that Jason D? Who out of the current coaches do you believe we should chase (I take it that Bellamy will be a given, so who else?)

Bellamy.

It. Is. That. Simple.

Still can't believe Cullen fucked him around and cost us his signature.

absolutely ... then we could have been done for salary cap cheating

This is exactly what I think everytime someone mentions it tbh but is certainly not a forgone conclusion. Brisbane, TPA's etc.

I do wonder what would have happened to the big 3 though, if he wasn't there.

This is exactly what I think everytime someone mentions it tbh but is certainly not a forgone conclusion. Brisbane, TPA's etc.

I do wonder what would have happened to the big 3 though, if he wasn't there.

Cam smith would have completed his apprenticeship through all trades. Job done.

I don't know about Walters, out of the current crop the guy that has impressed me is Trent Robinson, I think he could do a good job here.

Walters has to be top of list but not convinced he would last long term. Hard gig replacing Bennett. No one has done it well. Bellamy is getting on too. Cam Smith with a couple of years of assisting (not that he doesn't run a lot already) might have the gravitas and nous to do it. Imagine Broncos with Storm execution and plans... For the excitement love to see the Walker brothers take over but probably be a disaster in NRL. But at least it would be fun for a year to two. Maybe just sign them as attack consultants.

At the end of the day some non negotiables are: Queenslander, can take the pressure of a one team town, good man manager, NRL leadership experience.

Ivan Cleary might be one non-Queenslander who could buy into a Queensland/Broncos culture. Bringing son extremely recommended for his chances.

Yeah, we need to try to get Cam Smith into an assistant coaching role before anyone else manages to.

Bellamy without Cameron smith:

Won 2/9 state of origins
25% winning record in the nrl
Lost a gf 40-0
Won 1/3 country origins

This is why he didn't leave the storm and why he is by far the most over rated coach in the history of the nrl..... watch the Blake green interview on fox nrl recently and you'll see how much Bellamy "coaches" the storm

Bellamy without Cameron smith:

Won 2/9 state of origins
25% winning record in the nrl
Lost a gf 40-0
Won 1/3 country origins

This is why he didn't leave the storm and why he is by far the most over rated coach in the history of the nrl..... watch the Blake green interview on fox nrl recently and you'll see how much Bellamy "coaches" the storm

I think these days everyone knows that Cam is the real coach of the Storm. Also the real ref on the field. Probably video ref too.

Active Now

• Dash
  • Maddy
  • Cavalo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Sproj
  • Browny
  • Wolfie
  • azza.79
  • Big Del
  • Xzei
  • mitch222
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.