12. Alex Barr
13. Jai Arrow
Interchange:
14. Kalolo Saitaua
15. Keegan Hipgrave
16. Sam Lavea
17. Brendon McBryde
Coach: Craig Hodges

Ofahengaue promoted to first grade, Wolens comes onto the bench with Australian Schoolboys Prop, Keegan Hipgrave, set to make his NYC debut.

Its hipgrave time, it will be interesting to see how he goes... He certainly wont die wondering when it comes to ripping in.

No worries.

I could have kept writing but at a 1000 words, it was about essay length (throw in an academic intro, conclusion and references and that's about as much content I'll write for some of them) and I didn't want to keep prattling on.

If anyone has any specific questions about the players or the side, I'll do my best to answer them.

Thanks Pete, the write ups are great as others have said. I would like to ask if you can include an academic intro and references in the next one. It'd make my day to see something like "Keeegan Hipgrave [1] [2] barged over for a try under the posts. As Blartnuckle and Fooferall (2006) observed, this is the try-scoring position with the greatest likelihood of a successful conversion. Further analysis to be published separately shows a high correlation of a fucking awesome rugby league name with scoring under or near a posts, demonstrating an R2 of 0.855.
[1] broncos.com/u20s/KeeganHipgrave retrieved 01/04/2015
[2] Greatest Rugby League Names Ever 2015 pp 1."

Just under 15 to play.

Broncos have come from behind to lead 24 points to 16. At half-time, Cronulla held a 16-10 lead.

Broncos win 36 points to 22.

Drew finished with 3 tries in the second half.

Taylor had another strong game from the sounds of it, playing a lead hand in those Drew tries.

Debutant and former Australian Schoolboys prop Keegan Hipgrave scored an important try on debut.

Good game, Taylor and Drew just blew them away. Brynes was excellent again. I love watching him play this year. There was a 20 minute period where Taylor was excellent.

Brisbane face off against North Queensland in what shapes as one of the best games of the season.

Everyone knows how good Brisbane is, but the Cowboys may be even better. Their side is filled with graduates from the Townsville Stingers who happened to win the Mal Meninga Cup and beat the SG Ball Champions - a rare feat for any Queensland side and they've put two quality teams to the sword. Can they replicate that form away from Townsville?

I'll be at the game but if you want to see the future of Rugby League, I suggest knocking off work early and watching two quality teams go at it.

For all we know, it could be better than the main event.

good to hear that drew scored a treble, hopefully he kicks on form here.
my man with the wicked name scored too, im happy for him and I think he will grow in confidence after a win and scoring a try.

Taylor and jikorima are the 2 hottest talents in the 20's at the moment, rumor from sydney is that a certain club or 2 struggling for play makers are going to make a serious offer to these kids. im also hearing that a top front row prospect (and its not joe) is also hot on the radar for a move next year. if i hear anything more ill pass it on.

just checked the stats from the weekends game, arrow slayed them. 44 tackles and 20 carries ( i reckon matthiou might try and lure him again)....jaydn sua made some good metres too but he also had 5 errors.

As much as it would suck to lose Ash, I can't really see him cracking our first grade squad within the next 3-5 years.. Really wanna keep Jayden though, he's the sort of player who could play Fullback, Centre, Five-Eighth, Halfback or Hooker.. I personally hope he replaces McCullough in a couple of years.

What is wrong with Hunt moving to 9 and Taylor playing 7 in the long term?

good to hear that drew scored a treble, hopefully he kicks on form here.
my man with the wicked name scored too, im happy for him and I think he will grow in confidence after a win and scoring a try.

Taylor and jikorima are the 2 hottest talents in the 20's at the moment, rumor from sydney is that a certain club or 2 struggling for play makers are going to make a serious offer to these kids. im also hearing that a top front row prospect (and its not joe) is also hot on the radar for a move next year. if i hear anything more ill pass it on.

New to this forum, but got to watch last Friday's game while working in Sydney with a player manager friend of mine and looked this forum up interested in a few of the newer boys and who they were. Will be watching this team with interest. I hope that front rower is not who I think it might be and will await further word with intense. Bit of heavy rain and I thought the Broncs might struggle, but they came right and had some classy moments. Taylor and Arrow were my best and stepped up when their team got in trouble. Not much on for Nikorima and made a few errors. My mate told me Jayden Sua is being chased quite lucratively by the lessor code of union. Hope he chooses to stay in league as he looks dangerous despite some loose carries which let him down. This week's game is going to be an absolute cracker. I have friend's boys in both teams so just want to see a good tough close match. The future is bright for Qld with these two teams.

Hey mate, , haven't been on for 12 months due to working in the Usa but have a mates boy in the team.Jai is an awesome prospect and am surprised hes not playing Qcup. Mate which site can we find the player stats as I have a few family members kids in 4 of the teams this year.And is there anything on the young prop Collins? ?
just checked the stats from the weekends game, arrow slayed them. 44 tackles and 20 carries ( i reckon matthiou might try and lure him again)....jaydn sua made some good metres too but he also had 5 errors.

What is wrong with Hunt moving to 9 and Taylor playing 7 in the long term?

Ben Hunt wouldn't be playing halfback
Unless Taylor could improve his defence to NRL standard, he will never make first grade.

Taylor struggles with the bare basics in defence. It isn't about reading the play, it's about technique and it's something he's really got to develop himself which he can certainly do in the NYC.

He'll play ISC at some point but it's in everyone's best interests that he plays Under 20s for the time being.

The only reason to play U20s is so you don't get "forgotten" in QLD Cup.

BRONCOS NYC TEAM
1. Paul Byrnes
2. Jarryd Dodd
3. Jordan Drew
4. Jayden Nikorima
5. Nikau Terupe
6. Jacob Gagai
7. Ash Taylor
8. George Fai
9. Jayden Berrell
10. Tim Wolens
11. Jaydn Sua
12. Alex Barr
13. Jai Arrow
Interchange:
14. Kalolo Saitaua
15. Keegan Hipgrave
16. Sam Lavea
17. Lindsay Collins
Coach: Craig Hodges

Unread

Active Now

• BroncoFan94
  • bb_gun
  • BroncosMan
  • Broncorob
  • BroncosAlways
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Wolfie
  • Johnny92
  • Alec
  • ell.d33
  • Strop
  • I bleed Maroon
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Santa
  • Rowdy124
  • broncs30
  • Porthoz
  • Spooky1013
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.