Broncos NYC 2015

Read about that, good chase on Zac Spring which is encouraging because he usually relies more on his foot-work to get the best of his opposition.

Any other stand-outs Ari?

Nobody really stood out so to speak. Arrow was very strong and Joe was good as well, but no more than I expect them to be. Byrnes looked a better player at fullback than on the wing. Scored a very good try and beat about 4-5 guys on the way just from strength. Threw a good pass for the Drew try but threw a shocking pass that went 1m forward in the Titans intercept I referred to. It was a try gone begging as it was 2 on 1 basically.

Saitaua was the one I noticed the most, but that's possibly due to me not knowing him prior to the game. Two tries were scoots out of dummy half and the other was from an offload. Looked a dangerous player.

Found it quite random and interesting too that we have 3 guys named Jayden/Jaydn starting!

Ashley and Jayden controlled the game well with Arrow being our best forward as well as Hipgrave.Joe didn't set the world on fire as I expected him too and I actually thought there prop in 8 was good for them.George Fai doesn't do enough for me not last night being my 1st game I have been too with all the talk about him I expected better may have had a quiet night.My only concern is that yes we have points in us but when the Titans boys got some ball and when they held onto it either scored or come close.Bring on the Chooks next week!

Last edited:
So are we 4/5 in both NYC and NRL, if so that is a pretty impressive start to the year for the club?

Excited about Keegan Hipgrave, sounds like he is going to be something special.

Ashley and Jayden controlled the game well with Arrow being our best forward as well as Hipgrave.Joe didn't set the world on fire as I expected him too and I actually thought there prop in 8 was good for them.George Fai doesn't do enough for me not last night being my 1st game I have been too with all the talk about him I expected better may have had a quiet night.My only concern is that yes we have points in us but when the Titans boys got some ball and when they held onto it either scored or come close.Bring on the Chooks next week!

I'm not sold on Jayden nikorima in the halves yet but time will tell. I actually thought Joe had great go forward for the boys last night and Collins was good when he was on. Jayden sua got some great offloads off that sparked some magic on the field. What junior team did him and Keegan come from? Their defence is great for young blokes. I didn't think titans were ever really in the game after the 20 minute mark and Bronx should have probably got more points on the board too.

We've definitely got some exciting players coming through, Hipgraves, Arrow, Jikorima, Taylor, Ofahengaue.. Really hope we keep all of them for the foreseeable future.

I'm not sold on Jayden nikorima in the halves yet but time will tell. I actually thought Joe had great go forward for the boys last night and Collins was good when he was on. Jayden sua got some great offloads off that sparked some magic on the field. What junior team did him and Keegan come from? Their defence is great for young blokes. I didn't think titans were ever really in the game after the 20 minute mark and Bronx should have probably got more points on the board too.

Also hope we have some good centres and wingers coming through.

We've definitely got some exciting players coming through, Hipgraves, Arrow, Jikorima, Taylor, Ofahengaue.. Really hope we keep all of them for the foreseeable future.

Definitely better than anything the Tigers have brought through.

Jaydn Sua - Souths Logan Magpies
Keegan Hipgrave - Palm Beach & Gold Coast White/Green

Hipgrave played 1 game for Wynnum Manly Seagulls MM Cup this year before being called into NYC.

Don't know how Titans didn't secure Hipgrave as he grew up on the coast & attended PBC... maybe he rejected them.

Brisbane Broncos NYC
Round 6
1. Paul Byrnes
2. Jonus Pearson
3. Jordan Drew
4. Jarryd Dodd
5. Nikau Te Rupe
6. Jayden Nikorima (c)
7. Ashley Taylor
8. George Fai
9. Jayden Berrell
10. Joe Ofahengaue
11. Jaydn S'ua
12. Alex Barr
13. Jai Arrow

14. Kalolo Saitaua
15. Keegan Hipgrave
16. Sam Lavea
17. Lindsay Collins

I read that he was promoted to the Capras which could be read either way.

Broncos lead Sydney 26-0.

Strong start with Nikorima getting into the thick of the action.

I've been really dissappointed with the Roosters of late. Really thought with their roster and the players coming through they'd challenge for a Top 8 spot but from all reports have been playing terribly. They flexed their muscles against an ordinary Sharks outfit but haven't shown anything since.

Worth noting that their #10 Richard Skelton is a former Broncos junior. Couldn't get a shot with us, so he's traveled down south.

BRISBANE BRONCOS NYC 48 (P Byrnes 2, J Nikorima, A Barr, G Fai, J Pearson, K Saitaua, N Terupe, J S’ua tries; A Taylor 6/9)
SYDNEY ROOSTERS NYC 6 (C Taylor; J Hastings)

Pearson, I liked what I saw in the minutes of the game I watched.

He can bloody jump and those catches were awesome. Folau style. And he has some speed.

Broncos NRL NYC player profiles does not have 'Pearson' listed nor does it have any info regarding Nikau Terupe. It even has Richard Skelton playing for the Broncos when he played for the Roosters last night. A club that reportedly turned over $30 million last year can't employ someone to keep their website up to date!!!!.

Active Now

• Alec
  • Culhwch
  • Ondi
  • Mum-the-meatloaf
  • Santa
  • Battler
  • winslow_wong
  • MrTickyMcG
  • broncsgoat
  • FACTHUNT
  • Johnny92
  • The Boss
  • broncs30
  • Spike
  • Wolfie
  • BroncosMan
  • Sproj
  • ChewThePhatt
  • maddo
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.