Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
Seymour was way better than people give him credit for. He was the perfect foil for Lockyer and had a great balance of kicking / running / passing. Makes me very sad for him personally and what could have been for the club.
He had some stunning games but when he was bad, he was really bad. It's a shame he couldn't shake that vice that had a firm grip on him, it ruined his career.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Not saying that Roberts is better than Hunt but under the right coaching I think Roberts could turn out to be a handy player. He was in good form under Bennett in 2013 from memory.

What evidence is there to suggest that Wayne is a good halves coach?

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Not me ......:thumb:

Peter Wallace was the worst we ever had in the history of the club.......IMO
You're obviously biased, because he's your pet hate, but Wallace was better than all the others named, and it wasn't certainly because of him that we didn't win a premiership in 2008 and/or 2011.

I'd even say that the Peter Wallace, whom paired with Locky, would serve the current team significantly better than Hunt does, even if Ben is the better overall player.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
What evidence is there to suggest that Wayne is a good halves coach?

Soward was one of the form halves of the competition during Bennett's tenure and played Origin under him. Wallace also made his Origin debut under Bennett. Perry won a premiership with Bennett as did Hornby.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
That's cool. So when will he weave his magic with milf and hunt? 2017 hopefully.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Not me ......:thumb:

Peter Wallace was the worst we ever had in the history of the club.......IMO

You have a very short memory then.

He stunk it up in 2012 and 2013, although I don't think he was as bad in 2012 as people say he was, but he was very good for us in the years before that.

He was better than the others mentioned.

Last edited:
Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
Guys, stop living in the past. The future is here and his name is Tyrone Roberts.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Guys, stop living in the past. The future is here and his name is Tyrone Roberts.

Na mate his name is Ben Hunt.

Tyrone Roberts is not an adequate replacement over Hunt.

Joe has already said Hunt is going nowhere so just live with it.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Na mate his name is Ben Hunt.

Tyrone Roberts is not an adequate replacement over Hunt.

Joe has already said Hunt is going nowhere so just live with it.

Your sarcasm detection skills really need work dude

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I can see the sarcasm thanks... Still not going to let that rubbish sit there without it being rectified.

Note: If it's sarcasm, that means that he's mocking the people who believe Tyrone Roberts is better than Ben Hunt, therefore it probably doesn't need rectifying :P

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
But what if it wasn't sarcasm?

woah.gif

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
The important thing is that it's prolonged a thought provoking discussion...

In all honesty, I don't mind the idea of Roberts as a backup. Between him, Benji and Kodi we have some depth to cover injuries and Origin (potentially). Last year we were royally screwed if we lost either half.

He's not a world beater but I think he's probably a better back up hooker than Waddell given he's got a bit more creativity.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Other teams have typically used their youth systems for backup halves... so we must have **** all coming through.

Aaaand yes I know JNik and Ash were lost in the same off season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.