Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be on board with the Asiata signing, as long as we're not paying too much. Would bring some much needed professionalism & experience to the bench. From what I've heard the only thing he wants is a starting lock role though, and I can't see us offering him that when we have Haas, Lodge & Carrigan pretty cemented in the starting line-up (Assuming Lodge gets back to his best and is injury free).

If he'd settle for a bench spot I'd have him. He brings something that none of our other middle forwards offer, elite ball playing.

8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. Pangai Jr
13. Carrigan

14. Utility
15. Asiata
16. Flegler
17. Bullemor / Riki / Palasia

Yea, i agree with this 100%

Maybe if Kevvie just reassured Oates that he is a secondrower now, and will only be used in that position, he might start to get a bit of consistency in his game.

Yep...take the "fall back" wing position off him. Its backrow or nothing......might make him work at it harder. Needs to bulk him up a bit as well if thats gonna be the way KW goes.

Asiata has always struck me as too small, a more skilful version of Hoppa.

Last edited:
Brandon Smith just called!

Not in the same league in my opinion. I’m not really a fan of Asiata, I just think he has many more strings to his bow than most forwards but isn’t particularly good at any one of them either. If he is cheap though, I’m happy to bring him on board, we need some experience.

Not in the same league in my opinion. I’m not really a fan of Asiata, I just think he has many more strings to his bow than most forwards but isn’t particularly good at any one of them either. If he is cheap though, I’m happy to bring him on board, we need some experience.
Hang on don't change the subject of the conversation. You were knocking him for his lack of height. I gave you a perfect example of a a smaller man playing lock and killing it.

How can he be 'not in the same league' when we are talking about physical height? You have me confused.

Hang on don't change the subject of the conversation. You were knocking him for his lack of height. I gave you a perfect example of a a smaller man playing lock and killing it.

How can he be 'not in the same league' when we are talking about physical height? You have me confused.

The League of Extraordinary Short Gentleman.

Fair enough. I didn’t think I was changing the subject, just furthering my explanation. But anyway, B.Smith is a freak, his aggression and drive makes him play like a bigger man, he is an outlier, an exception to the rule if you will. Hope that clarifies it but if not, the point I’m saying is I think Asiata is too small AND doesn’t have the ability B.Smith does.

Asiata, an experienced ball-playing lock which is exactly what this forward pack needs meaning we probably won't sign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Painin the Haas
  • Jedhead
  • jd87
  • heartly87
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncorob
  • Mr Fourex
  • broncsgoat
  • mrslong
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Harry Sack
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Sproj
  • PETERN
  • Battler
  • Skathen
  • The True King
... and 35 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.