Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
I'm sure Wayne will have a good talk with him.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
If it's true, shouldn't the salary cap people step in? Because don't they still have a say on how much (as in minimum) a player is worth? It should apply to a maximum worth, especially for the kids coming through. I get they'd be like 'they can spend (waste) their money however they want' but it's pointless developing kids for 3-6 years for them to get signed on ridiculous deals
They can't put a cap on maximum salary as that's a restraint on earnings or something.

It was why $BW left all those years ago

PerthBrissy987

PerthBrissy987

NRL Player
Dec 8, 2016
I'm thinking we are going to lose David Fifita, it's been rumoured teams are already asking about his contract situation at the broncos. He comes off contract end of 2018 and able to negotiate this November. He is set to field offers of up to 500k a season, and he if that is true Broncos are no chance on keeping him.

Its 600k for 3 season actually on fox sports site

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
I haven't seen too much of him but if he's as good as touted, 200k a year is a worthwhile investment.

Not breaking the bank to keep him here on that kind of wage. Daresay after 2 or 3 years we'll know if he's to be a cornerstone for us.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
That story about Bayley Sironen is interesting.

He maybe forced out of the club because the Tigers have all but filled their Top 30 and he doesn't qualify for one of the six rookie spots clubs are allocated.

I wonder how the Broncos squad of 30 is shaping up? How many spots do we have left to fill?

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
I haven't seen too much of him but if he's as good as touted, 200k a year is a worthwhile investment.

Not breaking the bank to keep him here on that kind of wage. Daresay after 2 or 3 years we'll know if he's to be a cornerstone for us.

200k for a kid who is 18. By the time he makes first grade at the club in the forwards he will be atleast 20 or 21, so that's effectively the final year of his contract. Therefor, really your 200k a year investments is more like $600k for one year because that's pretty much what you are going to get out of him before he is off contract. These deals are very dangerous and often fail for the clubs in most cases. 3 years is a long way away to be handing out big money deals for kids who haven't even looked at first grade yet.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
That story about Bayley Sironen is interesting.

He maybe forced out of the club because the Tigers have all but filled their Top 30 and he doesn't qualify for one of the six rookie spots clubs are allocated.

I wonder how the Broncos squad of 30 is shaping up? How many spots do we have left to fill?

Lets do the sums then.

Contracted - Bird, Roberts, Milford, Macca, McGuire, Sims, Blair, Gillett, Glenn, Thaiday, Kahu, Mead, TPJ, Offa, Nikorima, Oates, Fai, Savelio, Opacic, Pearson, Seve, Su'A

Off Contract but new deals expected: Boyd

Off Contract - Waddell, Shibaski, Terupe, Scarelett, Rockley, Pangai, Murphy, Lavea, Love-Henry, Isaako, Dodds, Cronin, Boyce, Barr

Id say a few of the off contract boys would most likely have contracts for next year so really I don't think we would have many spots left. Ive got 24 with contracts (including Boyd who isn't going anywhere) for next year at this stage (Blair could be struck off though)

Smokin' Joe

Smokin' Joe

QCup Player
Dec 11, 2013
Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
That's a good question Pete. Affiliates will look vastly different next year.

With expanding squads, is this a low-key view/pathway towards a legit reserve grade again? Once you get to over say 35+ players?

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
They can't put a cap on maximum salary as that's a restraint on earnings or something.

It was why $BW left all those years ago

True, but surely there's a way to protect both clubs that develop as well the young players getting paid ridiculous money and losing track of themselves. Or something to that effect

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Whats the go with Dodds, given his had an injury plagued return from the super league competition is he likely to re-sign, move on or even retire?

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Lets do the sums then.

Contracted - Bird, Roberts, Milford, Macca, McGuire, Sims, Blair, Gillett, Glenn, Thaiday, Kahu, Mead, TPJ, Offa, Nikorima, Oates, Fai, Savelio, Opacic, Pearson, Seve, Su'A

Off Contract but new deals expected: Boyd

Off Contract - Waddell, Shibaski, Terupe, Scarelett, Rockley, Pangai, Murphy, Lavea, Love-Henry, Isaako, Dodds, Cronin, Boyce, Barr

Id say a few of the off contract boys would most likely have contracts for next year so really I don't think we would have many spots left. Ive got 24 with contracts (including Boyd who isn't going anywhere) for next year at this stage (Blair could be struck off though)

Opacic only signed for another 12 months- last year. So he's nearly out of his deal.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Opacic only signed for another 12 months- last year. So he's nearly out of his deal.

Opacic has another year to go. Some Sydney clubs like the Tigers were sniffing around a while back and Bennett said he was required next year so he wouldn't be let out of his contact.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Opacic has another year to go. Some Sydney clubs like the Tigers were sniffing around a while back and Bennett said he was required next year so he wouldn't be let out of his contact.

Wasnt the Tigers. Still has interest from the Storm and Peptide pauls mob amongst others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • Justwin
  • Harry Sack
  • Galah
  • phoenix
  • RolledOates
  • Bucking Beads
  • Alec
  • broncsgoat
  • Allo
  • Dash
  • ChewThePhatt
  • TwoLeftFeet
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.