Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Despite being stuck behind Boyd, there is a pathway to fullback here, and Wayne confirmed that. At the Knights, he'd be hoping Ponga gets a long term injury, signs with another club next contract, or gets moved to the halves.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Love how people want to keep players like glenn or kahu and then are in shock and horror when a player like oates or isaako could be moving on for bigger, better deals.
Simple fact is that you need players like Glenn and Kahu ...

Quality first graders that are not on big contracts ...

If we were to match the massive overs rivals offered our players we would be miles over the salary cap ...

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Khunt got a massive offer from a rival code. If the Knights have the money to lure Isaako after the spending spree they've been on then they're rorting the cap.
Not really ... the upgrades and recruitment we have made (and will be making very soon) would as much or more than the Knights ...

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Losing Isaako would piss me off more than losing almost anyone on the roster right now. It's so nice to finally have a guy who can kick at 80's, not to mention is safe under the high ball and has the skill & speed to make things happen in attack. Re-sign him at all costs.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
people keep saying that but Kahu was kicking at around 80 last year ... also the safest we have had under the high ball in a long time...
Yes Kahu is a high priority retention. Sad reality is that we actually have more talent than we need in some positions. Like the squirrels and too many nuts for next winter, we'll be dropping a few I think. My absolute priority signing is Lodge and after Lodge the next off contract forwards until we have the forwards covered. Rugby league won't change, without quality forwards you win nothing. After that Isaako is worth offering great dollars but it would be on a contract that increases year by year and not 4 at the same rate. That way he'd feel he is being rewarded at each seasons end.

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
Losing Isaako would piss me off more than losing almost anyone on the roster right now. It's so nice to finally have a guy who can kick at 80's, not to mention is safe under the high ball and has the skill & speed to make things happen in attack. Re-sign him at all costs.
Not just goal kicking but field goals as well, haven’t really had a gun under pressure situations to pot them since Wallace and Lockyer. Yeah I know Milf can nail them but Isaako seems so calm in that sort of action.

Edit: surprised to see he only has one field goal. Must be giving him some of Milfs credit.

Last edited:
ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
Anyone for Quade Cooper

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Anyone for Quade Cooper

UqkUrpF.gif

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
Sorry, I have brought this up before I think. I think we might as well just as take a chance on him

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
What about Jahrome Luai? Carved up the warriors last night at 7.. A commentator mentioned he came through juniors with Cleary and he was always rated a better talent. He looks like he has a nice kicking and passing game with an even better running game. Knows how to get the outside backs involved.. which is something we lack.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
What about Jahrome Luai? Carved up the warriors last night at 7.. A commentator mentioned he came through juniors with Cleary and he was always rated a better talent. He looks like he has a nice kicking and passing game with an even better running game. Knows how to get the outside backs involved.. which is something we lack.

I mentioned in the live game thread, I’d sign him up right now, he’s a young JT/Milf hybrid, he’s going to be a superstar.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
He's off contract. We need to steal him.

Attachments

• IMG_6542.jpg
    IMG_6542.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Galah
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Battler
  • Stix
  • Foordy
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  • NSW stables
  • The Don
  • broncoscope
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.