Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Courier Mail is reporting that Su'A is set to re-sign with us imminently on a long term deal (doesn't say how long or how much)

also say Lodge is finalizing a 2 year extension (this despite Badel last week claiming the club didn't want to sign him for 2 years, lol)

and TPJ will re-sign in November, once he has severed ties with his manager ...

https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...l/news-story/9d22e3d04e3605105ae82886447c7d60

So if they are re-signed then who do we have left that we really want to stay? Fifita is the obvious one for me. When is he off contract?

So if they are re-signed then who do we have left that we really want to stay? Fifita is the obvious one for me. When is he off contract?

Fifita is contracted until 2020, so another season to run ... i suspected he'll be the next to get an extension once the others are done

Fifita signed until 2020 I think. Just Oates to resign

Last edited:
Our pack is already great, it's going to be insane from next year onwards after a full preseason and with blokes like Gillett, Su'a, and Haas back.

Last edited:
We must be pulling some awesome TPA's in....as we are putting a bigger hole in the budget than Roosters do annually.

Bulldogs could use him.. That's where he started I believe
i work with a couple of dogs fans and they reckon Oates is on his way there. I keep telling them they're dreaming because they have no money to spend.

i work with a couple of dogs fans and they reckon Oates is on his way there. I keep telling them they're dreaming because they have no money to spend.

Oates is on his way everywhere according to every team’s fans.

Reactions: Gaz
I think Herbie might take Oates spot if he goes, kids looking better and better.

If the rumors are true, why are we only offering Sean O'Sullivan a 1yr deal?
To get the kid to move from Syd (and away from learning from one of the best in Cronk,) I would have thought we would have to offer decent $ and at least a 2-3yr deal.
Also, we have pulled the tabled offer to Jacks..?
What on earth is going on, are we looking for a halfback, or are we not?

To get the kid to move from Syd (and away from learning from one of the best in Cronk,) I would have thought we would have to offer decent $ and at least a 2-3yr deal.

He's Lodge's brother in law, might just be trying to make Brisbane more comfortable for Lodges partner and keep him around a bit longer.

Because kodi always has a decent game when the heat is on

So hang on, your post mentions that we have pulled an offer from a halfback and have offered another halfback a contract, you then ask are we looking for a halfbacK? jesus.

No one would have any idea how many years we are offering him, stop listening to the media they just lie.

So hang on, your post mentions that we have pulled an offer from a halfback and have offered another halfback a contract, you then ask are we looking for a halfbacK? jesus.

No one would have any idea how many years we are offering him, stop listening to the media they just lie.
As i said "if the rumors are true."
How else would we know whats going on if we don't listen to the media?
Is this not a rumors thread??
Look at Foxsports, there is a dedicated channel to the game, there are media figures on every show.
I am not saying the media are right, but lets be honest, the media attention runs the game, they generate a lot of the $ that funds the NRL.

Back to my original point, IF the rumors are true, how are we genuine about luring a halfback if it is only on a one year deal. Look at Roberts (or even Bird) in their first years at the Broncos.
One year is often too short a time to deny especially a play maker a genuine crack in the 7 jersey.

As i said "if the rumors are true."
How else would we know whats going on if we don't listen to the media?
Is this not a rumors thread??
Look at Foxsports, there is a dedicated channel to the game, there are media figures on every show.
I am not saying the media are right, but lets be honest, the media attention runs the game, they generate a lot of the $ that funds the NRL.

Back to my original point, IF the rumors are true, how are we genuine about luring a halfback if it is only on a one year deal. Look at Roberts (or even Bird) in their first years at the Broncos.
One year is often too short a time to deny especially a play maker a genuine crack in the 7 jersey.

Bird and Roberts were established players when they came here and had other clubs habits. A young halfback would hopefully be more influenced by the Broncos over a good preseason. Also gives the club options if our junior halfbacks come good early

Because it looks like the long term HB position is going to to be a shootout between Paix, T.Boyd, Dargan, Dearden, Niko, and maybe O'Sullivan.

If he comes here that will probably be the pitch: show us you're worthy and you'll be the long term HB for the Broncos behind the best pack in the game. There's no such guarantee at the Sydney Mercenaries.

Last edited:
If he comes here that will probably be the pitch: show us you're worthy and you'll be the long term HB for the Broncos behind the best pack in the game. There's no such guarantee at the Sydney Mercenaries.
I dunno to be fair that sounds exactly like the Roosters - hoard the talent and see who comes up trumps rather than nurturing a select one or two.

not saying either way is better, ultimately success dictates that, but I don't think we're too much different at least in this particular scenario.

I dunno to be fair that sounds exactly like the Roosters - hoard the talent and see who comes up trumps rather than nurturing a select one or two.

not saying either way is better, ultimately success dictates that, but I don't think we're too much different at least in this particular scenario.

The roosters do that when there is no Australian rep on the market for them to throw money at. If one of the blokes I mentioned makes it with us they can feel safer job security wise than at a club like the roosters where, like Pearce, they could be gone next year if a slightly better option/ bigger name comes up. Besides, none of these blokes have 100% proven themselves worthy of getting a full time FG opportunity yet, and none are guaranteed to even make it. The Broncos are still taking a huge risk with this approach.

Matterson and Radley are both good enough to start full time yet one will be benched next year for Crichton, for example.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Allo
  • AscotinOz
  • ettybay
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.