Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meninga has said he wont come back to club coaching

With regards to Mal Meninga State of Origin success during the heights of Queensland talent (and the lowpoint of NSW as well) in the modern game is one thing, success at club level (which presents many more challenges and over a longer period) is another and his time coaching at the Raiders wasn't impressive. As for Neil Henry not the worst suggestion but he wouldn't be at the top of my list.
Yeah I see your point. I guess I thought Mal would be purely as a people person to attract talent and sponsors where as the king can weave his magic with the players and handle all the coaching side of things. I just hope we sort this out quickly cause what i’m smelling ain’t good.

This is going to be a disaster.

Honestly I have to had it to our CEO and board, they have successful doused any excitement for the future.

It's amazing, one month ago we had managed to re-sign the best crop of young forwards in the game, were tracking along pretty well. Fast forward a month and we are booting our foundation coach who by all reckoning still amongst the top coaches in the game to replace with seemingly no-one decent.

Paul White just did a 'hold my beer' on the entire organisation and fanbase.

David Riccio said on Twitter the knights are going after Dargan

But you are correct - Taumalolo was in the first grade side as soon as he was 18, and took 3-5 seasons to get to where he is now. IIRC TPJ didn't debut until 2016 (at age 20), so he's only been going 2 seasons so far.

EDIT: JT debuted at 17yrs, 2mths. Must have been before the current rules. Definitely way earlier than TPJ.

He played 10 games for the Cutters in 2013 including the Grand Final. 2014 was his big year with 25 NRL games. That's four years on from his NYC/NRL debut in 2010. He was still playing NYC in 2012 and ISC in 2013.

Honestly I have to had it to our CEO and board, they have successful doused any excitement for the future.

It's amazing, one month ago we had managed to re-sign the best crop of young forwards in the game, were tracking along pretty well. Fast forward a month and we are booting our foundation coach who by all reckoning still amongst the top coaches in the game to replace with seemingly no-one decent.

it this your recommendation for the new CEO haha

Last edited:
Yeah I see your point. I guess I thought Mal would be purely as a people person to attract talent and sponsors where as the king can weave his magic with the players and handle all the coaching side of things. I just hope we sort this out quickly cause what i’m smelling ain’t good.

The King? Lewis?

I just don't get it. Something HAS to have happened behind closed doors for this to happen (if indeed it does). The damage to the club, the brand and **** knows what else if they fire him will be massive IMO.

Bennett only wanted a 1 year extension, right? Probably because that's our next premiership chance IMO, in 2020, provided we buy well and get lucky with injuries. That's when all the rookies should have decent experience. I don't mind not re-signing him if it only means 1 year difference, provided we have someone lined up. But you need time to line someone up, so don't let him go at the end of this year yet, ffs.

Last edited:
So does this mean tpj is goners now too? If Oates goes too then we are seriously fucked if we don't land a gun coach.

I just don't get it. Something HAS to have happened behind closed doors for this to happen (if indeed it does). The damage to the club, the brand and **** knows what else if they fire him will be massive IMO.

Yep. And all the media guys that have been deathriding Bennett will have changed their tune too. All of a sudden Bennett will change in their eyes and be back to one of the best coaches in the game and will hound the club for their stupidity (all of which is true).

Yep. And all the media guys that have been deathriding Bennett will have changed their tune too. All of a sudden Bennett will change in their eyes and be back to one of the best coaches in the game and will hound the club for their stupidity (all of which is true).

Already begun. Rothfield was on 360 backing Bennett to go to the Dogs last night.

So does this mean tpj is goners now too? If Oates goes too then we are seriously fucked if we don't land a gun coach.

It's going to take a huge effort to keep him is Wayne isn't here

What was his plan for life after Wayne anyway ?

I mean, surely TPJ would have been aware that Wayne wouldn't be coaching forever [emoji848]

Hopefully Wayne does go to the Dogs then, they couldn't afford TPJ.

Last edited:
What was his plan for life after Wayne anyway ?

I mean, surely TPJ would have been aware that Wayne wouldn't be coaching forever [emoji848]

He is, but its how they are getting rid of him more than anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Wild Horse
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • Skathen
  • Bucking Beads
  • pennywisealfie
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • ivanhungryjak
  • leon.bott
  • Battler
  • Broncorob
  • Browny
  • mrslong
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • lynx000
  • Maddy
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.