Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I would say Myles.

Thaiday doesn't appear to be slowing down any more this year. If anything he is showing signs of returning to his 2015 form.

Broncos’ Jordan Kahu a target for Warriors coach Steven Kearney

WARRIORS coach Steve Kearney has launched a secret poaching bid for Jordan Kahu with the lure of a centre spot to prise the Broncos star out of Red Hill.

The Courier-Mail can reveal Kearney has held talks with Kahu, leveraging their ties at Brisbane and New Zealand in an attempt to steal the Broncos’ most talented utility back.

Kahu is off-contract at season’s end and the Broncos are in the final stages of broking a two-year extension for the Kiwi Test flyer and Alex Glenn, who will play his 200th NRL game against Penrith at Suncorp Stadium on Thursday night.

Kahu has yet to officially put pen to paper with the Broncos, opening the door for the Warriors, who view the 26-year-old as the perfect strike weapon for their inconsistent backline.

Kearney has a strong association with Kahu, watching him make his NRL debut as an assistant coach at the Broncos in 2013 before handing him his maiden Kiwi jumper for New Zealand’s tour of England two years ago.

Kahu is happy at the Broncos but would ideally like to nail down a centre position. Since his debut, he has been Brisbane’s backline Mr Fixit, playing 13 games on the wing, six at centre and one at fullback last season.

After starring in the Auckland Nines, Kahu outlined his goal to clinch a centre berth — only to miss out to James Roberts and Tautau Moga for the season opener against Cronulla.

In the Broncos’ corner in their fight to retain Kahu is Glenn, his close friend who played a key role in helping him recover from three serious knee injuries.

Kahu recently revealed Glenn’s decision to write ‘JK’ on wrist strapping throughout the 2012 season was one of the reasons for him to fight through his injuries.

“He’s a very close friend of mine,” Glenn said.

“I saw all the hard work he put into trying to crack it. It can break anyone’s heart and your will to get back out there and fight back.

“I knew if I carried him on my wrist every game, and dedicated all my tries to him, it will give him some inspiration and lift his morale. I wanted to pick his spirits up to get back out there and not give up.

“He wrote a blog a month ago and that was the first time I saw what it meant to him. It honestly brought tears to my eyes to see I had that effect on him.

“To see him playing NRL and Test football now is a credit. It was all worth it.”

Glenn, 28, has also fought through injuries to forge a successful career at Red Hill. The Kiwi international spent three years out of the game during high school due to recurring back injuries before securing a contract with the Broncos.

He made his NRL debut against the Cowboys in round one of 2009 and has rarely been out of the first grade side since.

“I ran back and forth to the toilets while I was on the bench,” Glenn said of his debut.

“Every five minutes I was having a spew. I couldn’t control the butterflies. Who knows what could have happened if I didn’t take a break from the game.

“Whenever it comes to your spine, I take it pretty seriously. I love this club and the fans. There is so much passion from me to remain at this club.

“I want to stay here. Things are getting close and looking positive.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...y/news-story/126162b1f430ec7aa4ef6f9c8180cec8

Tbh, i would take anything in the Courier mail with a HUGE pinch of salt. I know for a fact the story about one of our promising younger players fielding calls from sydney clubs was absolute BS.

Tbh, i would take anything in the Courier mail with a HUGE pinch of salt. I know for a fact the story about one of our promising younger players fielding calls from sydney clubs was absolute BS.

Your brother tom opacic, was he the youngster you speak of ?

Kahu linked to the warriors?

That's a new one!

Shaun Johnson has re-signed with the Warriors for 2 years, we're rapidly running out of options for 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Manofoneway
  • eggstar10
  • Behold
  • BruiserMk1
  • broncotville
  • Spoon
  • Bish
  • Broncosgirl
  • Skyblues87
  • kiwibronco
  • Skathen
  • Fozz
  • Sproj
  • Froosh
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Wolfie
  • HarryAllan7
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.