Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
If TPJ went to the Roosters or Manly or something, he'd probably have Teddy or Turbo right behind him to receive those passes.

hopefully he will have Milford to do that for us soon ... He showed some good signs in the second half, it will take him some time to get his fullback play back after 4 years out of the position

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
TPJ on the reported wage for me is a massive waste of money based on his performances for us. If he hits his straps and realises his potential, he could be a bargain. I have a feeling though he is just a poor mans Dave Taylor.

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
i don't think Seibs was talking about signings for this year ... anyone we did sign for 2019 would be either a fringe player or up-and-coming player ... no way a club lets go of anyone worthwhile at this stage of the season
Except for us...

I understand the players we released may be surplus to our needs, but they’re hardly ISC journeymen either.

The Strapper

The Strapper

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 21, 2015
Bulldogs have just upset the sharks so we are now just 4pts from the bottom of the ladder.
Season is turning into a nightmare.

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
Bulldogs have just upset the sharks so we are now just 4pts from the bottom of the ladder.
Season is turning into a nightmare.
Don't let the standings fool you. With their current roster taking in account their injury list and current form and confidence levels and the fact that the players don't respect Seibum, the Broncos are by far the worst team in the comp. The cellar looms unless a minor miracle occurs.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
I don't believe those figures. In my opinion most of them seem exaggerated except for Milford. I believe Boyd's is much closer to 600k but do think that's 450k above correct weight.
Possibly but I actually went a bit under what was published .
Still, my point is, we have a lot invested in our forward pack which is currently being owned .
I feel we are in for some character building years as supporters

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Re-builds always seem to fail. Looking at it in a different way, it's just developing players for other clubs to take them. You really have to buy quality players too.

You are spot on here, but also recruit intelligently by filling holes and addressing weaknesses. Not like we have done in the last few years.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Exactly.
If you decide, as the Broncos have, to go down the development club pathway there are many pros and cons to deal with.
All players in our system must have shown some promise or they wouldn’t be.
Firstly, those young fellas, generally on above average money, need to resist the temptations of their generation and keep their mind on the job at hand. If they succeed and pop out the other end at 18 or 19yrs old the club has to choose who to keep and who to release. Seems to me, more often then not we either make the wrong decision or the vultures come and take that decision out of our hands by offering overs. Ash Taylor and Ben Hunt come to mind. Even then one appears to have worked out the other not so much. It really is a case of supply and demand. When one of your gun players retires he needs to be replaced by a suitably experienced developed player or a buy in. If neither happens it creates a void, a gap, and if a number of players are involved, the gap widens and all of a sudden your talking about a club rebuilding. Our young team is not yet suitably experienced and unless these so called “good signings” are the players required at the minute we still have some waiting to do.
It’s no coincidence that both top of the ladder teams and last year grand finalists are not development clubs but in fact vultures.

If the NRL continues to ignore our effort in developing players perhaps we would be better off dropping it and become a vulture club too.

Also a really good post. What you are talking about is good succession planning and we have sucked at it for 13 years.

On the coaching front whoever are your assistant coaches must be viewed as legitimate prospects to succeed the head coach. Since 2006 they have not been.

The first disaster was the failure to recruit a suitable replacement for Bennett first time around. Henjak was clearly not up to it, but had been an assistant coach for some time.

The second significant failure was to recruit or have developed and ready a suitable replacement for Lockyer at the end of 2011. It has all just flowed downhill from then on to leave us in the current predicament.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Also a really good post. What you are talking about is good succession planning and we have sucked at it for 13 years.

On the coaching front whoever are your assistant coaches must be viewed as legitimate prospects to succeed the head coach. Since 2006 they have not been.

The first disaster was the failure to recruit a suitable replacement for Bennett first time around. Henjak was clearly not up to it, but had been an assistant coach for some time.

The second significant failure was to recruit or have developed and ready a suitable replacement for Lockyer at the end of 2011. It has all just flowed downhill from then on to leave us in the current predicament.

Wasn’t Corey Norman supposed to take over from Lockyer? We never had a plan B when that didn’t work out. yow yeh would have been the next Hodges as well so it’s an absolute tragedy what happened and we never recovered from it.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
A lot of things have worked against the Broncos and some bad decisions have coupled themselves to that. It will take a while to come back up but a lot of change did need to happen. I still blame the Cullen administration for starting the rot that has hopefully now come to a head.

This side needs to get lucky or cheat ala Roosters/Sharks/Storm in order to becomes great again and that is all that is wrong with the NRL as a whole. Weak administration leads to weak deterrents for clubs. All the teams that cheat gain sustained success from it, that is ridiculous!
[automerge]1561884907[/automerge]
Incidentally, Rhyse Martin has been released by the Dogs, Broncs should sign him in the next few hours on minimum wage for sure.

Last edited:
lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
A lot of things have worked against the Broncos and some bad decisions have coupled themselves to that. It will take a while to come back up but a lot of change did need to happen. I still blame the Cullen administration for starting the rot that has hopefully now come to a head.

This side needs to get lucky or cheat ala Roosters/Sharks/Storm in order to becomes great again and that is all that is wrong with the NRL as a whole. Weak administration leads to weak deterrents for clubs. All the teams that cheat gain sustained success from it, that is ridiculous!
Incidentally, Rhyse Martin has been released by the Dogs, Broncs should sign him in the next few hours on minimum wage for sure.
He has been signed by Leeds.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015

That second paragraph sums the nrl up perfectly for me.... The salary cap is not working. They say there's been so many different premiership winners and all this other crap but the roosters and storm have been involved in 15/20 of the last grand finals!!! The premier league, the la liga, all of the non-salary cap soccer Leagues have had more variety with their cup finals than that!
This is a team that gets under 10,000 to a game consistently, and another team that has not produced 1 solid 1st grader from their home state with 20 years of massive success behind them and their "home" city population being twice the size of brisbanes, and 3/4 of their "home" state can't name more than 2 players from their entire history. On top of that they were CAUGHT CHEATING MASSIVELY FOR YEARS...
The nrl are a joke. Its like the epl taking away players from Manchester United and putting them in teams like Swindon Town ffs. It is not how the game grows! Reward the popular teams and scrap the fucking cap...
Sorry for the rant, its just does my head in that people go on about the salary cap as if it is somehow good for the game...

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
Someone mentioned Maloney earlier, I hate the **** but he could be our ****. Is he still on the outer at Penrith?

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
That second paragraph sums the nrl up perfectly for me.... The salary cap is not working. They say there's been so many different premiership winners and all this other crap but the roosters and storm have been involved in 15/20 of the last grand finals!!! The premier league, the la liga, all of the non-salary cap soccer Leagues have had more variety with their cup finals than that!
This is a team that gets under 10,000 to a game consistently, and another team that has not produced 1 solid 1st grader from their home state with 20 years of massive success behind them and their "home" city population being twice the size of brisbanes, and 3/4 of their "home" state can't name more than 2 players from their entire history. On top of that they were CAUGHT CHEATING MASSIVELY FOR YEARS...
The nrl are a joke. Its like the epl taking away players from Manchester United and putting them in teams like Swindon Town ffs. It is not how the game grows! Reward the popular teams and scrap the fucking cap...
Sorry for the rant, its just does my head in that people go on about the salary cap as if it is somehow good for the game...

Preaching to the converted with me. I’ve been saying for a long time that Super League was the best thing for the game at the wrong time. Worst thing to happen to the nrl was reunification under essentially the ARL.

Gaz

Gaz

NRL Captain
Contributor
Oct 7, 2017
The first disaster was the failure to recruit a suitable replacement for Bennett
We had that opportunity with Bellamy twice. Firstly when Bennett wouldn’t **** off and then later when he fucked off a year early. Bellamy gave us an insight of his talents when he coached the baby Broncs to an extraordinary win. We already had him, he wanted to stay and be our coach but we simply weren’t smart enough, strong enough or quick enough to nail him. We had Wayne. It’s not only game day when Storm out play us.

We certainly have some problems at the minute, all the talk is about buying players because our current group aren’t capable. I'd argue they showed they were against Roosters and Warriors. So what’s gone wrong since. We have lost some players. Have heard two stories, one, because they hadn’t been putting in or didn't want to play off the bench and two, because we weren’t salary cap compliant.
I'd be pissed if my best mate was buggered off because some prick fucked up the cap. Doesn’t auger well with the coach or players alike that being the case.
Lot of soul searching to be done at Redhill - apart from playing and coaching staff that is.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
So it's June 30 tomorrow. Seibold promised some signings are coming before then, didn't he? Or did he mean the two numpties who possibly won't even play first grade?

Numpties for sure
We have numpties at the top so we won’t sign anyone of note
If he was smart he would get a centre before 30 June

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Numpties for sure
We have numpties at the top so we won’t sign anyone of note
If he was smart he would get a centre before 30 June
Name a top quality center that we could get before June 30, a center whose current club would be prepared to release immediately

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Harry Sack
  • Alec
  • Waynesaurus
  • Bucking Beads
  • MrRobot
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Shane Tronc
  • rj9
  • leon.bott
  • Broncorob
  • Jazza
  • Strop
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.